• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Even though it would be really gimmicky, I actually wouldn't mind seeing a galaxy stage that takes advantage of the gravity mechanic. Like fighting on a round planet such as Starship Mario. But I think such a stage will probably cause a lot of glitches and bug's for the developers to handle. So I think we are probably more likely to get a regular flat stage as usual to represent Galaxy. Ah well, it would have been nice for one stage, even though it definitely would be banned by the competitive community and all. :3

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Even though it would be really gimmicky, I actually wouldn't mind seeing a galaxy stage that takes advantage of the gravity mechanic. Like fighting on a round planet such as Starship Mario. But I think such a stage will probably cause a lot of glitches and bug's for the developers to handle. So I think we are probably more likely to get a regular flat stage as usual to represent Galaxy. Ah well, it would have been nice for one stage, even though it definitely would be banned by the competitive community and all. :3

Yeah, at this point I'd have to say more work than it's worth. Also, sounds like a big headache for players, hah- like that pokemon stage in Brawl that sometimes turns the screen upside down, except with every possible angle.

volbound1700

Smash Master
This may be sacrilege but I sometimes consider the first Mario Galaxy game to be the best game for Wii even over Brawl, Skyword Sword, Wii Fit, etc.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah, at this point I'd have to say more work than it's worth. Also, sounds like a big headache for players, hah- like that pokemon stage in Brawl that sometimes turns the screen upside down, except with every possible angle.

True, I can however Imagine them picking a round stage and just have it rotate a little as it is moving at the upper part. Kinda like the Mushroomy Kingdom stage but with a rotating planet.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
If Rosalina somehow made it in, I could see her taking moves and elements from Galaxy. Her Up B could be creating a meteor underneath her that appears in a burst of stars. The meteor floats upwards. Rosalina could walk around it and attack.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
This may be sacrilege but I sometimes consider the first Mario Galaxy game to be the best game for Wii even over Brawl, Skyword Sword, Wii Fit, etc.

Galaxy over Brawl and Skyword, okay. But over even Wii Fit?

lol this guy

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
If Rosalina somehow made it in, I could see her taking moves and elements from Galaxy. Her Up B could be creating a meteor underneath her that appears in a burst of stars. The meteor floats upwards. Rosalina could walk around it and attack.
Rosalina has really cool moveset potential, but sadly she'd never be in.

I hope that they don't continue phasing her out. She was a great new character.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Wii Fit Trainer also had zero chance.

But I think Toad or Paper Mario have their eyes on the Mushroom Kingdom slot (which I think there will be another character). After E3, I might give Toad a slight higher chance than Paper Mario while I thought differently beforehand.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I've said it before, but I really don't see what about being playable in the new co-op Mario game gives Toad a great chance for inclusion. He's there as a filler character. Peach displacing one of the Toads made that abundantly clear.

For Wii Fit Trainer to have a percentage chance assigned to her, people would actually have had to discuss her inclusion. :p

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
Anything can still happen, but I agree with Tuninator. Toad is not really that much of a famed character and doesn't Peach pull him out with her B anyway?...Technically he is already in the game. :3

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Oh, Toad's definitely a famed character... I judge "fame" by asking my non-gamer girlfriend if she knows who the character is, ha. Regardless of that, I do think that more people can accurately identify Toad than they can the majority of the Smash cast.

Peach should just whip out Toadsworth for her special. It makes just as much sense, yet is funnier.

(it's not a hard move to pull off, it just isn't a very good one compared to the swordlords' counters.)

Peach would love, love, to use him as a meatshield.​

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I planted white flowers all over town to capture an orchid mantis...and I catch one on the tropical island...

Orchid Mantis are actually one of my favorite bugs

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Maan, I feel like maining Miss Fit now when SSB4 comes out after watching more videos about showcasing her. Holy damn how well-done she is actually when I've seen her.

Maybe enough to not think too much about the characters I want to see in SSB4 for some while. I guess thinking on trying her and other characters out sorta clear my worries on other characters.

peeup

Smash Lord
Toad is such a bland choice... Booser Joonior, Paper Mario, or Rosalina (unlikely, but would still be sweet) are the three forerunners I believe.

And Waluigi isn't.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I think Toad, if played on his strengths and perks on other characters, would make a great character.

Also how a small, but speedy powerhouse specializing on powerups and spores would be a "bland" character?

On Waluigi, I think he'd be quite unique too, could specialize on sports and overally being "weird" character like Wario was, but in WAAAA-wn WAAAAAA-y.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I've said it before, but I really don't see what about being playable in the new co-op Mario game gives Toad a great chance for inclusion. He's there as a filler character. Peach displacing one of the Toads made that abundantly clear.

For Wii Fit Trainer to have a percentage chance assigned to her, people would actually have had to discuss her inclusion. :p
No, he was not a filler. He was going back to his roots: Super Mario Brothers 2. All four were playable in that game. Toad seems to have the stats he did in that game. Fast with small jumps.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Why people hating on my boy Waluigi though? Everyone knows they want to play Mario & Luigi vs. Wario and Waluigi Money Matches.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Why people hating on my boy Waluigi though? Everyone knows they want to play Mario & Luigi vs. Wario and Waluigi Money Matches.

I think Waluigi just needs an appearance in one of the "main" games to really solidify his character. My vote is for Waluigi to be a villain in a new Wario platformer. Bad guy vs. bad guy is always fun.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
I'm not for/against Waluigi, but I could see him sort of as the Dampierre of Smash, with of a few of his sports attacks here and there.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Waluigi (and to lesser extent, Daisy) could really use being in main games for a change. As in actually existing in Mario-franchise aside from spinoffs. (-´L`-);

Both seem potent for character so much, but get dismissed. I still believe Daisy raids off all the baddies attacking her kingdom, explaining why she's silently spoken about and she hasn't been kidnapped since 1989.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
I wonder what tomorrow's picture of the day will be.. I think it will be Wii Fit Trainer on the Nintendogs stage to show that she is in the 3DS version as well.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I wonder what tomorrow's picture of the day will be.. I think it will be Wii Fit Trainer on the Nintendogs stage to show that she is in the 3DS version as well.
I really can't wait until we see the Villager on the 3DS version. I bet he'll look so cute.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
I really can't wait until we see the Villager on the 3DS version. I bet he'll look so cute.
He hasn't been shown on the 3DS version yet? That's weird..especially since his most recent game was for the 3DS.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
He hasn't been shown on the 3DS version yet? That's weird..especially since his most recent game was for the 3DS.
Well, he may be still in development for the 3DS version. Same for the Wii Fit Trainer.

That makes me wonder... do they develop the characters at the same time for both versions? I think so, considering both versions have(?) the same engine, but the question is interesting anyway.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
They probably work for the Wii U platform first, then add them to the 3DS roster. I'm sure they use the Wii U as a basis before attempting anything on the 3DS.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
If the online is really fleshed out this time around I'm gonna be super hype for leaderboards and crew battles.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
ONLINE WILL BE GOOD PEOPLE. Trust me.

After Uprising being flawless in online and online being pretty much more-than-perfectly-factured out in Nintendo Network, I'm not going to expect online be trash like Brawl was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom