• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
Actually after playing Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, I barely had issues with connectivity in the game. The servers were great and sometimes had issues, but I was patient and I never had a problem since. I'm sure there will be more servers than there are in Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, so I have high hopes for the online capabilities of the Wii U.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I was thinking on how the stages are handled between versions...

As you know, Sakurai stated that some stages would be differ between versions. In fact, only one stage has been revealed so far to be in both versions of the game: Battlefield.

However, the Battlefield on the Wii U version is completely different aesthetically than the 3DS version. Same will probably happen for Final Destination.

Now, here's something I thought. If there are more stages that are in both versions of the game, should the 3DS version look a graphically limited version of the stage compared to the Wii U version, or should it be completely redesigned much like Battlefield?

For example, a possible new Pokémon Stadium stage would look more like Brawl's Stadium 2 on the Wii U version, while losing detail on the 3DS version, or should it be totally different (aesthetically) in the 3DS version, much like Battlefield (which is originally made for Smash)?

Jasmine Dragon

Smash Cadet
If online is good, then I'm pretty much set. More than anything else, I think the online was the biggest disappointment in Brawl for me.
Definitely. I enjoyed playing brawl but there's only so much you can do unless your friends are over playing it too. Hopefully Sm4shes online is good so that we can have a competitive online scene like most other fighting games have. I don't generally go in for most traditional fighting games myself, but I can say I bought UMvC3 and Injustice and I ended up playing those much more than I thought I would because of the online play.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I've been noticing a trend here... I know that we are getting the AlttP2 game on the 3DS, but what is the reasoning for adding Classic Link into the roster?
Assuming, Toon Link isn't returning due to him being not that unique of a character moveset-wise when compared to Link; What would make Classic Link different from Toon Link and Young Link that will call for his place on the roster?

Me personally, I don't think Toad, Wonder Red and Nintendog (I'm guessing this was a joke :awesome:) are all too likely. Me and my bias would like to see King K. Rool over Dixie Kong. But other than that the roster looks fine to me.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I've been noticing a trend here... I know that we are getting the AlttP2 game on the 3DS, but what is the reasoning for adding Classic Link into the roster?
Assuming, Toon Link isn't returning due to him being not that unique of a character moveset-wise when compared to Link; What would make Classic Link different from Toon Link and Young Link that will call for his place on the roster?

That's the thing, If Sakurai were to cut Toon Link, he would certainly replace him with another child Link as the Zelda series doesn't really have any characters besides the Triforce trio to include. (I mean yeah there is Impa and Tingle but I'm not sure if Sakurai would add those two). If Sakurai is worried he might upset some Toon Link fans if he were to remove him and the only purpose would be to replace him with another child Link. Then honestly, I think there is little point to cut Toon Link, just bring him back or limit the Zelda roster with only 3 characters. But how would the general people who play smash and are fans of Zelda feel about the Zelda franchise losing a character in comparison to Mario and Pokemon who could gain one? :/

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I was thinking on how the stages are handled between versions...

As you know, Sakurai stated that some stages would be differ between versions. In fact, only one stage has been revealed so far to be in both versions of the game: Battlefield.

However, the Battlefield on the Wii U version is completely different aesthetically than the 3DS version. Same will probably happen for Final Destination.

Now, here's something I thought. If there are more stages that are in both versions of the game, should the 3DS version look a graphically limited version of the stage compared to the Wii U version, or should it be completely redesigned much like Battlefield?

For example, a possible new Pokémon Stadium stage would look more like Brawl's Stadium 2 on the Wii U version, while losing detail on the 3DS version, or should it be totally different (aesthetically) in the 3DS version, much like Battlefield (which is originally made for Smash)?

Well, I'm biased since I will only get the Wii U version and basically want the teams to focus on the Wii U version as much as possible, so I would personally want them to just make the 3DS stages crappier versions of the Wii U stages.

I'm going to be sad if the game feels like the 3DS version limited the Wii U one...

I might get some flak for this, but... is anyone else a little weirded out by the Kongs that have human hair on top of their normal primate fur? Dixie and Tiny kind of unsettle me.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

The top one could show what the female version of the villager could look like

Jasmine Dragon

Smash Cadet
That's the thing, If Sakurai were to cut Toon Link, he would certainly replace him with another child Link as the Zelda series doesn't really have any characters besides the Triforce trio to include. (I mean yeah there is Impa and Tingle but I'm not sure if Sakurai would add those two). If Sakurai is worried he might upset some Toon Link fans if he were to remove him and the only purpose would be to replace him with another child Link. Then honestly, I think there is little point to cut Toon Link, just bring him back or limit the Zelda roster with only 3 characters. But how would the general people who play smash and are fans of Zelda feel about the Zelda franchise losing a character in comparison to Mario and Pokemon who could gain one? :/
Honestly I think that the Zelda series only needs the Triforce as reps, but based on his article about cutting characters I think he'll be replacing Toon Link with a version of Young Link to placate the players who enjoy the more agile style. Other than that they don't need a new character.

The people I'm really pulling for are:

Takamaru
Layton
Geno
King K. Rool
Isaac

Isaac would be incredible but he and Shulk are probably up for the same blonde melee battle mage esque spot. At least I hope so as Nintendo's great RPG's of recent memory to me are Golden Sun and Xenoblade, so I hope at least one of them gets in (Isaac in my opinion would be way more interesting)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm bored.. what would you guys think of this roster? I'd really like it.
I'd uh... personally first off replace Nintendog with Shulk and Wonder Red with Isaac.

Also, why isn't Sheik there? (I'm assuming she isn't because the other transforming characters have all their forms shown)

Other than that and the other cuts, the only thing I dunno about is the FE section, but I don't really want to get into another FE discussion... so someone else can take that part. :laugh:

EDIT: Oh, and lack of new retro is upsetting.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well, I'm biased since I will only get the Wii U version and basically want the teams to focus on the Wii U version as much as possible, so I would personally want them to just make the 3DS stages crappier versions of the Wii U stages.

I'm going to be sad if the game feels like the 3DS version limited the Wii U one...
Well, I think Sakurai will not let the 3DS version jeopardize the Wii U version, considering his statements in recent interviews.

Regarding the stages, I think it would be best if they handled common stages like Battlefield is handled, by having different designs, even though, gameplay-wise, they're the same stage. It would give a sense of uniqueness to the 3DS version too.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Honestly I think that the Zelda series only needs the Triforce as reps, but based on his article about cutting characters I think he'll be replacing Toon Link with a version of Young Link to placate the players who enjoy the more agile style. Other than that they don't need a new character.

I guess so, but there may be a good number of people who wouldn't really like to see the Zelda series with only three reps. But I don't know, I do personally much prefer a faster, lighter and more agile Link than the slower and heavier default one we keep getting. So I would love the option if it gets provided.

The Zelda franchise is currently difficult to predict. The only ones we can be certain about are the triforce trio. Whichever design of the child Link they may go with shouldn't matter too much in the long run. I still like Classic Link and since he has a body proportion and voice similar to Toon link's I don't see why one can't be an alternate costume of the other for those who may like the one or the other design better. But that's just me. *shrug* :/

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
I'd uh... personally first off replace Nintendog with Shulk and Wonder Red with Isaac.

Also, why isn't Sheik there? (I'm assuming she isn't because the other transforming characters have all their forms shown)

Other than that and the other cuts, the only thing I dunno about is the FE section, but I don't really want to get into another FE discussion... so someone else can take that part. :laugh:

EDIT: Oh, and lack of new retro is upsetting.
I forgot to put Sheik she's suppose to be in there.. and maybe I'll put them in I think I will keep it as it is for now and change it whenever we have an official newcomer revealed.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I would rather see Sakurai flesh out Toon Link and give him the unique items that he uses in his games over adding another Link ( I would love it if he gained the ability to glide using the leaf like he uses in Windwaker). And if Sakurai were take out Toon Link I don't think he will artificially pad the roster with another Link.
As for Mario characters I'm confident that we will not see another Mario character (Ballsy I know). Pokemon I have no clue what will happen with that series and it's possibly fighters. But yeah I think the point you make about disappointment of loosing your favorite characters is what Sakurai also brings up in that latest article.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Maaan, think if Tingle would get in.

The whole internet would throw a fit while I'll just laugh and marvel at him in his whole hilarity and wackiness. :troll:

(In fact why I forgot Tingle in my signatures)

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
I have a question why is it that Shulk is acknowledged for getting in Smash but Zael is pretty much ignored?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I would rather see Sakurai flesh out Toon Link and give him the unique items that he uses in his games over adding another Link ( I would love it if he gained the ability to glide using the leaf like he uses in Windwaker). And if Sakurai were take out Toon Link I don't think he will artificially pad the roster with another Link.
As for Mario characters I'm confident that we will not see another Mario character (Ballsy I know). Pokemon I have no clue what will happen with that series and it's possibly fighters. But yeah I think the point you make about disappointment of loosing your favorite characters is what Sakurai also brings up in that latest article.

Same here, I'd rather he just fleshes out Toon Link more, give him some more of his own abilities than replace him again for yet another child Link only to make them serve the same purpose as Toon Link and Young Link did in their respective games. But yeah, I guess the possibility is there, because besides another child Link, I can't think of any other possible replacement of Toon Link besides Tingle and Impa, and Tingle will probably represent his own series and Impa.... Well.... I just don't know about her...

Yeah I think what Sakurai said about not wanting to upset the fans of characters is probably also part of the reason why I don't think he would take out Toon Link as there isn't any justifiable replacement for him besides another child Link. And I don't think Sakurai would pull a **** move and reduce him into a stage element. I don't know, but that just sounds very mean... Especially in contrast to what he said during that interview. :/

Of course, like I said, there is the possibility of only having the triforce trio this time around.

I think Mario might gain another character, Pokemon will probably too if they want to keep the Brawl vets and Mewtwo.

I guess we will have to just wait and see.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
If I were to Holderize that roster, replace the second Link with Ghirahim, obliterate the Nintendog and replace it with perhaps a retro or heavily desired character, swap out Toad for Paper Mario, put back Ike in over Lucina, then BAM you have an objectively awesome 45 slot roster.

I have a question why is it that Shulk is acknowledged for getting in Smash but Zael is pretty much ignored?

Because Xeno is more popular, is getting another game on the Wii U, and has a lot more options for moves. Plus bring the Xeno series to Smash in terms of extra content would be a lot better in most peoples' eyes than bringing in the world of TLS.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
I don't think they should cut Toon Link. Especially with Windwaker being re-released. A whole new generation of fans will be introduced to what we fell in love with. This could be some kids fist Zelda game, and a great one to start with.

Toon Link offers a more agile version of Link, and is more unique with that artstyle than just Young Link.
If they were to give him a different moveset that utilizes the Windwaker and items used from the game (could glide with Deku leaf) he would be a much more unique character.

And perhaps bring Young Link back but make him more like Majoras Mask Young Link where he can use the different masks to change his specials.

I'm not one of those people that were pissed about Toon Links inclusion, or some clones for that matter.
They offer a different play style and strategy for using the same moveset.
Even though Toon Link and Link are the same, they play differently.
Same goes for Captain Falcon and Ganondorf, and Wolf/Falco/Fox

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I honestly just want no more Links at all. I hated both YL and TL's inclusions. I hope TL is cut.

If I ever had to see another Link on the roster, I guess I'd vouch for Wolf Link/Midna team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom