• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Okay...

This thread is getting weird.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I get your point and I'm well aware that arcade Donkey Kong IS Cranky Kong.

I was just making an analogy with the Links, since both look similar, but are different characters nevertheless. It's exactly the same thing.

Arcade Donkey Kong/Cranky Kong is a different character than playable Donkey Kong, much like Toon Link (WW, PH, Brawl) and Spirit Tracks Link are different characters. That was my point and that's where the assumptions that ST Link's cameo in the stage implying Toon Link being cut are void.
My bad huge misunderstanding

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Okay...

This thread is getting weird.
Well, you can thank Shortie for his (apparent) ignorance about autism.

Well, I should have worded my posts a little better, I know, but it's 2:30 AM here and English isn't my native language, so there might be some mistakes in my posts that may lead to such misunderstandings...

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Well, I should have worded my posts a little better, I know, but it's 2:30 AM here and English isn't my native language, so there might be some mistakes in my posts that may lead to such misunderstandings...

A peaceful resolution to a debate? Am I still on Smashboards?

D

Deleted member

You have to keep in mind that Toon Link has been REVEALED as a stage element, and not as a playable character. It's the reveal that's important here. It's not something Sakurai would simply overlook either. In the case of R.O.B., his reveal was supposed to be misleading, because his identity as the Ancient Minister was a secret. For DK, he was already shown as a veteran (as if that was even necessary).

It's hardly the end all argument, but with Toon Link already being probably the character at the greatest risk of being cut outside of third-parties, and cuts weighing heavily on Sakurai's mind (I doubt he was said what he did in that interview just as a little tidbit of trivia), to me Toon Link's reveal seems like a way to say what needs to be said without having to actually say it.

I THINK THERE IS A WORD THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN USEFUL JUST THEN BUT I COULDN'T THINK OF IT.
Good points, but I'm not convinced that he's out yet. We did, after all, get Toon Zelda/Sheik planned in Brawl, which makes me kind of doubtful about Toon Link going. He is the most likely Nintendo veteran to go and I don't care about him that much, but I can picture him returning more easily than I can see Snake returning.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
**** off you casual ****.

I should have anticipated that would spark something from you. :laugh:

All the same, this place gets pretty ridiculous all the time sometimes but I'd take that over trying to pick at each other.

Curmudgeon

Smash Ace
Anybody knows if the timeline from Smash Historia is fact? I can't believe the series is divided in three timelines, the competitive, the casual and the "somewhere in the middle" :confused:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
A peaceful resolution to a debate? Am I still on Smashboards?
Wasn't much of a debate when we misunderstood each other. There was no real disagreement to begin with.
I do disagree that Toon Link is safe and isn't on the chopping block, if Sakurai doesn't think it is feasible to revise his moveset. Same goes for either Falco or Wolf if they don't receive moveset overhauls

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

Trust me Frost, your English is a LOT better than most people that didn't have English as their first language. I'd argue that it's actually better than the English of a few people I know.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
EHY.... EHY GAIZ!!!!

VANA PAY SUM VIDJAMAGAMES?!?!?!?

I VANA!!!!

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Wait... did this thread really crumble into incivility over... Toon Link? Well done, gentlemen.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Speaking of Video Games and Donkey Kong when does Tropical Freeze come out? I hope it's september! i really want to get my hands on that game!

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
November! Oh...man... i'm gonna be broke between Batman Arkham: Origins, Watch Dogs and Donkey Kong!

Here is my contribution to the Parrot thread.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm broke anyway, and I won't get any of those. :skull:

Only one thing can be more awesome than parrots, and it's parrots being friends with cats:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I now Googled the name habanero and discovered it's a pepper.

I didn't ****ing now.

My mind is now blown.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I now Googled the name habanero and discovered it's a pepper.

I didn't ****ing now.

My mind is now blown.

Wait, really?
... Okay, let's discuss this. Does England have Mexican food readily available?

When I went to Britain I tried to have chicken tikka masala for every meal because absolutely everything else was awful. Though I guess I hear the food's gotten better over the past decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom