• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I'm a huge RPG fan. I got Xenoblade when it came out and didn't hear about Last Story until I came to smashboards. I still had to look up Zael to know who he is. I'm not trying to say that I'm indicative of the masses, but he may be a lot less well known than you think.
Agreed. I think Xenoblade just got a lot more exposure (at least in the US) than Last Story did. Not to mention that the Monado is a pretty iconic weapon. While Shulk might not be the most unique JRPG protagonist, he was certainly more relatable than a good portion of them, and the fact that he wields the Monado makes him an obvious choice for Smash. Do I hope he's playable? Yes? Do I think he's likely? Unfortunately not.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yes, we have a Mod. Why's that weird?

I mean, rules apply everywhere, indeed.

Anyway, while I'm banking more on Young Link reappearing than Toon Link, I could go with either.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I remember back in Brawl some people wanted the EBAs as a unique playable trio... hoo.

It's a pretty hilarious premise for a game. I like how it goes from helping out random people with the most mundane tasks ever to saving the world from music hating aliens.

bobadz

Smash Ace
The biggest problem with EBA is the Ouendan crew. EBA is just a remake of ouendan for western audiences.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
The biggest problem with EBA is the Ouendan crew. EBA is just a remake of ouendan for western audiences.
Yea, I know, but the Elite Beat Agents have a much more distinct and appealing design, and the game is just funnier.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Yes, we have a Mod. Why's that weird?

I mean, rules apply everywhere, indeed.
You're missing the point, which is that we hardly ever see such a creature here.

And as for the point you try to make, the rules apply everywhere in theory, but not necessarily in practice.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The fact we're seeing it just means people aren't following the rules.

And with any forum, this happens a lot. So no, I don't see it weird at all.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Yeah, but where you are wrong is thinking that a mod shows up here every time we go off the deep end. If that was the case, we'd see a mod constantly, as opposed to almost never. That is why it is remarkable.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah, but where you are wrong is thinking that a mod shows up here every time we go off the deep end. If that was the case, we'd see a mod constantly, as opposed to almost never. That is why it is remarkable.

Except for the fact I never said that. Not once.

Still can't find it remarkable. I see them often enough in any thread where there's rule breaking.

---------------

On another important note, I like how Bowser's shaping up(pun intended). He should be much more fun to play as now.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
W-What?

Let's walk through this:

1. I find a mod being here remarkable.
2. You say it isn't strange at all because rules apply everywhere
3. I say we rarely see a mod here
4. You say a mod shows up when rules are broken thus making it natural, so this is assuming rules are hardly broken because they hardly appear (see: number three)
5. I say rules are broken here all of the time, and thus not rarely broken so therefore your reasoning of it being natural is mistaken

Where are you confused in this asinine conversation? :laugh:

And yes, Bowser looks incredible. He appears much less like a giant target with a shell and more like a rampaging Koopa King.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Well I'm glad I choose to play new leaf all day instead of seeing the randomness of the unread pages. Also it be cool if PG works on star fox (or anyone from Nintendo's dev team for that matter). Out of the random parrot pics, the best thing I saw was, "that ain't falco", props to the poster who typed that.... Now back to my 3ds since there's no new news.

@star I'm not whining whether there is news or not, I just like checking in to see if there is, plus most of your guys' posts are funny to read, so I drop in from time to time, if what you posted below wasn't an indirect jab at me than just ignore this. (I would cross this out but I'm on mobile.)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Number 4 is where you have it wrong. I never said a Mod should show up fairly often. You're coming to a conclusion I never said. I said rules get broken, so seeing a mod at all isn't weird. I never said anything about "often" when it came to the mod showing up. That's what I'm talking about.

On another Bowser note, I hope we get his Dry Bowser costume, and one with a King's Hat.

D

Deleted member

I have nothing to contribute to this discussion.
So here's a confused Rayquaza.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Guys, there isn't going to be "news" for a long time. All we'll likely be doing for the next six months is debating which characters will be cut, whether there will be cuts, listen to people whining about no new info and why there isn't a new Dojo. The most we have to look forward too is Sakurai's Famitsu articles he writes. At least there we have the possibility of hearing some new insight.

At least after July I'll have my classes again and Wii U games.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
This is random, but does anyone know if a hi-res version of WFT's official art was released to the public? I was able to find all the other characters, but not WFT...

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
This is random, but does anyone know if a hi-res version of WFT's official art was released to the public? I was able to find all the other characters, but not WFT...
I honestly have no idea. I'd probably have to go to GAF and check to see if any leaked from the press kit.

Will this suffice Hex? All I could find.

http://i3.minus.com/ibye9fiaKhW9rz.jpg

bobadz

Smash Ace
Guys, there isn't going to be "news" for a long time. All we'll likely be doing for the next six months is debating which characters will be cut, whether there will be cuts, listen to people whining about no new info and why there isn't a new Dojo. The most we have to look forward too is Sakurai's Famitsu articles he writes. At least there we have the possibility of hearing some new insight.

At least after July I'll have my classes again and Wii U games.
I think your right, but I hope your wrong.

6 months of gamefaqs trolls. Burr.

Also inafune is off his rocker.

"No Japanese developer could come up with this art style," Inafune noted in regards to the game's striking cel shading. "You could give them all the direction in the world and they still wouldn't come up with this. Also, the kinds of things that you can do with zombies, the ways that you can play with the zombies, you maybe get half of the ideas from a Japanese developer that you get from the West. And even then, those ideas won't be up to the same fun quality."

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I think your right, but I hope your wrong.

6 months of gamefaqs trolls. Burr.

Also inafune is off his rocker.
You're... I hope you are wrong...

Anyways, I doubt we will see anything sooner than fall at the earliest. If the rumor is true of Little Mac, Mii and Pac-Man being ready for reveal then I would say that Nintendo might space out their reveals to give us something to carry throughout the year until 2014. By fall it should be pretty clear what direction we are headed. If Super Smash Bros is being prepped for a mid year release than we will probably see a steady stream of information beginning in December. If the game is headed towards an end of year release (which I believe it is) than expect information around spring of next year leading into E3.

bobadz

Smash Ace
You're... I hope you are wrong...

Anyways, I doubt we will see anything sooner than fall at the earliest. If the rumor is true of Little Mac, Mii and Pac-Man being ready for reveal then I would say that Nintendo might space out their reveals to give us something to carry throughout the year until 2014. By fall it should be pretty clear what direction we are headed. If Super Smash Bros is being prepped for a mid year release than we will probably see a steady stream of information beginning in December. If the game is headed towards an end of year release (which I believe it is) than expect information around spring of next year leading into E3.
How did I miss that!?

And you're probably right again.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
It's alright man, we all miss things.

On another note, isn't it interesting how much the veterans look like their toy counterparts?

Kind of makes you wonder if this is what Sakurai is aiming for with the more colorful style. Maybe Sakurai is coming full circle with the doll theme from the first game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom