• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobadz

Smash Ace
It's alright man, we all miss things.

On another note, isn't it interesting how much the veterans look like their toy counterparts?

Kind of makes you wonder if this is what Sakurai is aiming for with the more colorful style. Maybe Sakurai is coming full circle with the doll theme from the first game.
Hmmm. It looks like that's the case. I maybe looking to far into things but, do you guys think this makes Dark Pit, and Charizard likely?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Hmmm. It looks like that's the case. I maybe looking to far into things but, do you guys think this makes Dark Pit, and Charizard likely?
Seriously doubt the characters themselves mean much of anything. Regardless I think Charizard is a safe bet to return. Dark Pit will likely continue being a color palette... But.. I will not say it can't happen (certainly not because of this picture). The hell that will rage if it does though.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Wizpig.png

No more joshing around, we need to talk about newcomers. We all agree this guy's a shoe-in, right?

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
View attachment 1013
No more joshing around, we need to talk about newcomers. We all agree this guy's a shoe-in, right?

I had to do some serious digging to figure out who that "Wiz Pig" was. :p

... hey, so, this is kind of a side thing, but...

Did anyone else here know that the phrase is in fact "shoo-in", not "shoe-in"? I see this phrase posted on Smashboards every day and it always kind of irks me.

... also, it's technically champing at the bit, not chomping.

And with that useful bit of trivia, I go to sleep. G'night, world.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I had to do some serious digging to figure out who that "Wiz Pig" was. :p

... hey, so, this is kind of a side thing, but...

Did anyone else here know that the phrase is in fact "shoo-in", not "shoe-in"? I see this phrase posted on Smashboards every day and it always kind of irks me.

... also, it's technically champing at the bit, not chomping.

And with that useful bit of trivia, I go to sleep. G'night, world.

Proper use of grammar and phrases.....

Blasphemy...

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
I think the fact that Mewtwo was supposed to be in Brawl but didn't make it due to time constraints (plus his new form...forms...crap) is a guarantee that he'll be back, but hey, who knows.

Just please don't make it handlebar Mewtwo.

D

Deleted member

Now I'm almost wanting to see a Dark Pit reveal just so I can see the meltdowns across the internet.

Didn't you already do this?
I've already done a variation back in 2012, that is correct, but with new information available and our thoughts on characters changing as a result of this, I felt it was justified to make a new thread.

bobadz

Smash Ace
Now I'm almost wanting to see a Dark Pit reveal just so I can see the meltdowns across the internet.
Wasn't Wolf hated for a couple of month before people realized that the only things he had in common with fox were his specials and Final smash?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Wasn't Wolf hated for a couple of month before people realized that the only things he had in common with fox were his specials and Final smash?
He's still disliked, nothing's changed. And yes that's precisely why I'd like to see him playable, because no matter if he is unique or not people will freak out because he's another Pit and how a clone got in over their favorite character. At this point anything to troll the fanbase is alright in my book.

bobadz

Smash Ace
He's still disliked, nothing's changed. And yes that's precisely why I'd like to see him playable, because no matter if he is unique or not people will freak out because he's another Pit and how a clone got in over their favorite character. At this point anything to troll the fanbase is alright in my book.
Finally I found someone who wants character like Dark Pit for those reasons. That is the main Reason I want Waluigi in this game.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Dark Pit could certainly have a unique and interesting moveset, but I don't really see how you justify including him over, say, Palutena, or one of the other potential KI:U characters.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Nice to see that this thread has finally calmed down.

Dark Pit is okay with me. He's a good character in his own right, wouldn't be sore at all if he got in, even as a semi-clone (which I can somewhat see happening despite his Staff). 2nd best character choice from the Kid Icarus series to get in IMO.

bobadz

Smash Ace
Dark Pit could certainly have a unique and interesting moveset, but I don't really see how you justify including him over, say, Palutena, or one of the other potential KI:U characters.
People said that about Wolf during pre brawl.

I like palutena, but the only one I really is Ridley. Everyone else I wanted was in Brawl.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
People said that about Wolf during brawl.
But the only character in competition with Wolf would have been Krystal, and nothing about her suggests that she would necessarily be any more unique than Wolf, which is not the case with Dark Pit and the various gods of KI:U.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Finally I found someone who wants character like Dark Pit for those reasons. That is the main Reason I want Waluigi in this game.
Well, I actually don't want Dark Pit I'm just simply saying that watching the community meltdown is more fun than the actual characters themselves sometimes.

Dr.Smex

Smash Cadet
Kid Icarus Uprising had tons of different weapons. They could totally have 2 Pits both with totally different playstyles.
I just don't understand the clones argument. Also they could've made WW Link play way differently than TW Link, too bad they give them the same moves set.

bobadz

Smash Ace
But the only character in competition with Wolf would have been Krystal, and nothing about her suggests that she would necessarily be any more unique than Wolf, which is not the case with Dark Pit and the various gods of KI:U.
You have good point.

Well, I actually don't want Dark Pit I'm just simply saying that watching the community meltdown is more fun than the actual characters themselves sometimes.
Like I said the only Character I really want now is Ridley as newcomer. I also want Ike and Lucario to return. I agree, the meltdowns are the the mist satisfying part.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
My first choice for a second Kid Icarus character is still Medusa. Then Palutena. Next up is Magnus, and last is Dark Pit. I want someone who's more likely to be unique.

I also prefer Wolf and Fox for the definitely keepers. Falco is still too close to Fox for my tastes. I'm sure they can do better now. Having an unique Final Smash and something different for Forward and Up B's would help. His B and Down B are different enough overall, imo.

D

Deleted member

It's alright man, we all miss things.

On another note, isn't it interesting how much the veterans look like their toy counterparts?

Kind of makes you wonder if this is what Sakurai is aiming for with the more colorful style. Maybe Sakurai is coming full circle with the doll theme from the first game.
I'm kind he revisits the doll theme for this game. I've always liked that over the "World of Trophies" that we got in Melee and especially Brawl. Makes me seems more nostalgic if you ask me.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Can only really see Sakurai going with Dark Pit if time constraints happen again, which honestly is actually a pretty good niche. Wouldn't take much effort to put him in aside from replacing Pit's Dual Blade Normals with Dark Pit's basic Staff swipes.

Only real issue is just how much as he distinguished himself from the original Pit during Uprising so that he's not just a pallet swap.

EDIT: Didn't like the analogy that I just made.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It took me a while to realize that was Skyloft at first I thought that was a new stage and I got excited.

Still it's a great picture of Pit.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I have a feeling Sakurai is going to be giving each character a spolight in the Miiverse updates as well as the already revealed stages before we get any newer updates. So far we have these:

Wii Fit Trainer
Megaman
Pit
Fox
Samus
Villager

Battlefield(3DS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom