• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Not sure how reliable this site is, but

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/34700
The fact the article still insistently calls the pokemon "Mewtwo's new form" even though the creators aren't confirming it (Even though we know it probably IS Mewtwo's new form) means the article writer has the bad habit of jumping to conclusions in his articles.

It's old news. Sakurai DID make a comment about Mewtwo though

"We are thinking about it." doesn't necessarily mean anything

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Speaking of voice clips, but I do question if Marth will speak English in this next iteration. I mean the only reason the Japanese voice clips were retained was to emphasis his status as a Japan-only character, though that's no longer the case as of 2009.
I'm too lazy to get my 3DS but does he speak at all in Awakening?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Someone brought up how he fails to meet most of Sakurai's criteria.
Yeah, which I can both see and not see. Chrom is certainly popular, so I can easily see Sakurai et al getting creative with him, but there's also the fact that without creativity he might be bland.

Also, those comments are hysterical. :laugh: at the guy that just dismisses all four criteria as "doesn't matter".

Poor Chrom. I'm still rooting for you!

bobadz

Smash Ace
Yeah, which I can both see and not see. Chrom is certainly popular, so I can easily see Sakurai et al getting creative with him, but there's also the fact that without creativity he might be bland.

Also, those comments are hysterical. :laugh: at the guy that just dismisses all four criteria as "doesn't matter".

Poor Chrom. I'm still rooting for you!
I like Chrom. I just find this change of opinion interesting.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
The fact the article still insistently calls the pokemon "Mewtwo's new form" even though the creators aren't confirming it (Even though we know it probably IS Mewtwo's new form) means the article writer has the bad habit of jumping to conclusions in his articles.
I would say the trailer for the genesect movie is enough proof that it's a new form.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
This is why Fire Emblem fans are quite literally the worst (no offense, all my best chums). The ones who are rational enough to say that Chrom is uninteresting turn around and go "Now, AVATAR on the other hand! Talk about Smash-worthy!"

Passion for mediocrity.

bobadz

Smash Ace
This is why Fire Emblem fans are quite literally the worst (no offense, all my best chums). The ones who are rational enough to say that Chrom is uninteresting turn around and go "Now, AVATAR on the other hand! Talk about Smash-worthy!"

Passion for mediocrity.

That's why I like Ike and Roy's my boy.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well, Avatar would bring more to the table than Chrom, seeing as he uses both swords and magic.

The least I can wish for is to have Marth, Roy and Ike return. I haven't played Fire Emblem: Awakening yet (other than the demo), but I don't think an Awakening character is guaranteed to be in Smash 4.

ForsakenProto

Smash Cadet

It's old news. Sakurai DID make a comment about Mewtwo though

"We are thinking about it." doesn't necessarily mean anything
It got confirmed as being a new form a while back, referred to as his "Awakened" form

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Well, Avatar would bring more to the table than Chrom, seeing as he uses both swords and magic.

The least I can wish for is to have Marth, Roy and Ike return. I haven't played Fire Emblem: Awakening yet (other than the demo), but I don't think an Awakening character is guaranteed to be in Smash 4.
While magic is fine and all, I honestly think with the possibility of Mii being playable, we have enough nameless avatars. I draw the line when the character is actually called just "Avatar."

Besides, there's only one Avatar worthy of being in Smash.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
That's why I like Ike and Roy's my boy.
No offense, but what does Roy bring to the table that any other FE rep doesn't in order to justify his inclusion? Most of his popularity comes from Smash itself, not FE, where a lot of people don't like him, and he's still just a sword-wielding Lord at the end of the day. Ike doesn't need to justify his inclusion because he's already here, but pretty much all of the criteria that can be employed to shoot down Chrom also apply to Roy.

While magic is fine and all, I honestly think with the possibility of Mii being playable, we have enough nameless avatars. I draw the line when the character is actually called just "Avatar."
I don't want MU either, but he'd most likely be called Robin, the default name.

To be fair, this doesn't tell us much given that the likes of Pichu and Dr. Mario were never coming back anyway.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I could care less about what FE characters are in as long as Marth comes back I'm game. He's the only one I've ever played anyways.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

Kef

Smash Apprentice
That article pretty much confirms Mewtwo. At least that is my hopeful thinking speaking.

And for FE, I love all the potential characters so I am fine with anyone. It would be great having a female character from the series, seeing that would be the first female sword user in the series. You'll have more variety for the female part of the cast all while adding another female to the cast.

Lucina and Lyn may not have as much chance as Chrom or Ike, but I believe that have enough chances for a consideration at least.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Given all of his talk so far, I am pretty certain that we'll see at least one or two cuts. Most likely the expected ones like Lucario, but I doubt that he'd be going on about how stressful cuts are and how carefully they are made if we weren't losing at least one fighter.

That said, I sincerely doubt that we will see the kind of mass cuts that are being hysterically predicted so frequently around here.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Honestly, I think the new Forme is all Mewtwo needed. Do you know how HARD it is to think of a good Final Smash for him? Either Psystrike or Awakened Forme.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Honestly, I think the new Forme is all Mewtwo needed. Do you know how HARD it is to think of a good Final Smash for him? Either Psystrike or Awakened Forme.
Could be a mixture of both. Transforming into his Awakened Form and unleashing Psystrike, before returning to the usual self.

This assuming that the Awakened Form is a stronger form than his usual form.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
NowGamer seems iffy to me, anyone wanna confirm their legitimacy as personally I've never heard of the site.

If those articles are legitimate though, pretty much confirms Mewtwo and helps out Lucario's case for staying in. Tough to say what the other article says as it goes by bringing every Smash character back (not just those in Brawl), it definitely supports the idea of time constraints not "replacement" effect the roster more than anything. Also more evidence that the roster is not yet finalized.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Only thing I'm sad about is that Mewtwo is a good guy in the new Pokemon movie ):
I wish he was a villain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom