• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I still support Chrom silently here. I won't deny Avatar though being somewhat likely too (though wondering what'll be like), I just wish to see Chrom, all creatively done. And watch people here break down on having three blue-haired lords in the same game. :troll:

To be honest, couldn't care less how he'd be there with Marth and Ike. I'd be all for Roy being all de-cloned, but I'd be disappointed if Roy's inclusion means Awakening has to be character-less. Not that I'm saying Chrom should be in, I'd be just bit disappointed. Maybe it'll mean that I.S has to step up their game, but I liked Awakening and I'd like to let it's (controversialish) Lord get it's share of saving FE-series with it's fanservice allstar buster.

I have some hope with Arena Ferox being a stage though, but who knows. I want to see Chrom though, he's no way undeserving when you look at his strengths rather than weaknesses.

D

Deleted member

I find it funny that the criteria for Pokémon leaves Jigglypuff in the dust other than uniqueness and how it fits, and yet it will likely to be included again solely because "it had been in all three previous games".

ForsakenProto

Smash Cadet
They could just name the avatar Robin, its a neutral gender name, and if memory serves, the name that was assigned to the avatar in the beginning of the character creation. Though personally im more of a fan one of the Lords appearing.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Yeah, it would strike me quite odd if Awakening didn't get a rep seeing as how popular a game it is. It's definitely more deserving than just an assist trophy imo.

I find it funny that the criteria for Pokémon leaves Jigglypuff in the dust other than uniqueness and how it fits, and yet it will likely to be included again solely because "it had been in all three previous games".
I agree, but evidently Jiggs is popular in Japan.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Gamfaqs REALLY think they are more mature and sane then here?

They are deluded.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Yuui: Maybe she'll be the only exception.

But really, I can't ever see original 12 going anywhere, despite it meaning we'll get Jiggs. Besides, her becoming Fairy-type now means they could teach the old puff new tricks.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
TBH I didn't like Gen 5 a whole lot.

I liked some of the pokemon, but I didn't like much else

Maybe we should just go onto rivals from Gen 6

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Chrom is controversial because he could drive Ike and/or Roy fans to the brink of death. Sakurai would be committing murder. :troll:

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I have some hope with Arena Ferox being a stage though, but who knows. I want to see Chrom though, he's no way undeserving when you look at his strengths rather than weaknesses.
I agree. I understand why people want Roy back, but it kind of irks me when people dismiss Chrom as "uninteresting" or "not unique" and then immediately turn around and push for Roy's return. The only thing Roy has that Chrom doesn't is slightly more visual uniqueness, and if we want to select a new FE rep based on visual uniqueness, it should probably be Lyn.

Bottom line is that it's silly to think that any new FE rep couldn't be implemented in a fun and unique fashion. If Sakurai wouldn't be able to give an Awakening rep a unique moveset than there isn't much hope for Roy getting one.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There was a rumor that the new form of Mewtwo was going to be a fairy type.

It would be funny if Mewtwo returned as the new form and was fairy, then we'd have 2 fairy pokemon in smash

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
If the entire Brawl roster plus Mewtwo return, I'd be happy already with this game. Roy would be a neat bonus too, if he has a revamped moveset.

Toon Link, Young Link, Dr. Mario and Pichu should be the lowest priority characters. (I ordered the characters from the biggest priority to the lowest, with Toon Link and Young Link having equal priority, since they're mutually exclusive, in Sakurai's viewpoint.)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

It would be funny if Mewtwo returned as the new form and was fairy, then we'd have 2 fairy pokemon in smash
Tingle should be in Smash! He WANTS to be a fairy. :laugh:

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332

That'd actually be pretty legit. Psychic-Fairy type Mewtwo with a brand new look and set of moves? I'd main.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
FP: Good point.

I mean yeah, Roy's more pushed here, but then it'd mean I.S needs to make more redheads or rather, lords who get promoted by big things like SSB in order to gain any new FE-reps, unless Sakurai just is out of ideas for FE-rep and decides to go at I.S for one, basically how Ike got in.
Lyn I guess was dismissed as she was made into an Assist instead. Maybe because Ike on I.S's minds during Brawl. And partially because Roy? Who knows.

Maan, just step your damn game I.S because if this is what you'll get for making a mix-up character of your most popular lords, then there's a problem with your creativity. We hadn't had technically a new world since Brawl being made which didn't have something to do with last ones (Mostly Archanea)

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
If the entire Brawl roster plus Mewtwo return, I'd be happy already with this game. Roy would be a neat bonus too, if he has a revamped moveset.
I think they can redo Roy using distinct attack animations from the GBA games and working in multihit properties on some of his moves as a way of using flames. This would be like the way they did Marth's moves which are just animations from the early FE games and not exactly animations Marth actually had.

N is a great pick for a Pokemon rep, he's different in personality and the fact he owns a legendary Pokemon is pure unique from other trainers.
I'd still rather have the standalone Zekrom or Zoroark instead of another trainer with heavily limiting mechanics such as switching and stamina.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
TBH I didn't like Gen 5 a whole lot.

I liked some of the pokemon, but I didn't like much else

Maybe we should just go onto rivals from Gen 6
I'm trying to force my way through Black and White before X and Y come out but I'm struggling with it. The game's aren't hard but they require a lot of unnecessary grinding that slow the game down to a crawl in order to progress.

volbound1700

Smash Master
We're not journalists. If you must know what the article is about, then read it.
Not everyone wants to click on any link because that is how you get a virus and fry your computer lol. Especially if I am at work. Also firewalls sometimes block the links.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I think they can redo Roy using distinct attack animations from the GBA games and working in multihit properties on some of his moves as a way of using flames. This would be like the way they did Marth's moves which are just animations from the early FE games and not exactly actions Marth used.
Good point. The flame sword is what can give Roy a distinct moveset. I'd actually like him, but like I said, Brawl roster + Mewtwo + newcomers would satisfy me already.

Marth could be agile and more combo happy, while Ike would be slow and hit like a truck. Roy could be something inbetween in terms of speed and power, having flame moves for multihit attacks and adding a distinct flavor to his gameplay style.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm trying to force my way through Black and White before X and Y come out but I'm struggling with it. The game's aren't hard but they require a lot of unnecessary grinding that slow the game down to a crawl in order to progress.
I grind by default tbh.

In every RPG I play I impose level limits on myself I must get to before advancing to the next area. Even if I could beat the next area at an earlier level.

However, EV grinding annoys me. I used to like it better in gen IV because I could count them by using the notepad app. Without it, I have to write everything down with pencil and paper

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
While magic is fine and all, I honestly think with the possibility of Mii being playable, we have enough nameless avatars. I draw the line when the character is actually called just "Avatar."
The Avatar does actually have a "canon" name(or at least a default one): Robin.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Someone brought up how he fails to meet most of Sakurai's criteria.
I argued the same things against Wolf and then I was forced to eat my words when Brawl came out. I think people are taking Sakurai's words too literally and I honestly think he is referring more to the character's personality than their moveset potential.

Dr.Smex

Smash Cadet
Just find a pokemon breeder and abuse the fook out of her/his pokemons, thats how I did it.

D

Deleted member

[collapse=Courtesy of Wegenbarth]:troll:[/collapse]
While this image is a troll, it actually helps more than anything else.
-Shows that Ridley isn't "too scary" whatsoever.
-Shows a size that isn't "too big" but is large enough to make a difference between him and Samus.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Wait, people have been saying Ridley is "too scary"?

I'd use Habanero's old sig, but I think the message is already implied. :rolleyes:

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I think people are taking Sakurai's words too literally
Wouldn't be the first time or the twentieth, in the past week that happened.

I honestly think he is referring more to the character's personality than their moveset potential.
I would agree. Sakurai has shown himself fully able to come up with a great and unique moveset for any character so I cannot imagine that moveset potential would be his primary concern.

bobadz

Smash Ace
Wow, people on GAF are stupider then gamefaqs members. They think Sylveon and genesect will get in over Newtwo .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom