• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don't even know how to respond to this thread, honestly.

Your reasoning reeks of sheer bias and the lack of coherent logic is just astounding.

I'm not even bothering arguing.

I already said I was biased, so that's already covered.

Impa might be low in requests now, but where do you think the Villager ranked earlier? Besides, Ghirahim is a one-off, and Tingle is pretty much hated. Skyward Sword is also hated without a good reason other than it being the latest Zelda (Why you no rike Skywardu Sword?) - and people having a *****- attitude towards SS and motion controlls in general (which SS did pretty well in fact, the swordplay is very well done). As far as a new character for Zelda goes, Impa is easily the best choice.

It had to be said.

I forget our past troubles. I love you now. <3

I gots myself some reason to bump a specific thread :bluejump:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Villager was wanted quite a lot more than Impa as is.

And Tingle isn't hated worldwide and at least has his own games. Also, Ghirahim is far more liked than Impa of Skyward Sword anyway.

I wouldn't call Impa the best choice anyway. Not before Tingle.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Oh, oh! Can I bring the torches and pitch forks too?
We'll create a sacrificial altar in front of Nintendo's Headquarters and spill the blood of one cat every hour in the name of the Smash Gods until Sakurai presents an apology letter and removes Pokemon Trainer. And we trip him on his way out.

(But nah, I wouldn't mind if PT comes back. The old problems that PT brought into the game would return though.)

woodsta

Smash Apprentice
Do we have specs on 3DS's RAM? Also, as a game design, what solution would you propose or expect Sakurai to take.

Less detailed models/textures?
I have no idea about the specs of the 3ds, but I imagine it can't be thaaaaat hard to fit 5 chars instead of 4 at once in ram. Yes, less detailed model/texture would do it (they could even lower the ram usage in other areas to make room for the extra character). If it's a problem with physics on 5 chars instead of 4 at once, that's probably quite a bit harder to get around and might mean ICs types can't be in ds version, or play differently...

EDIT: A possible solution is simply to have the 3ds physics operate on slightly lower framerate, but that would mean the 3ds version wouldn't play as snappy/accurate. I don't know if it's a priority for them to have both versions 'feel' identical, if it isn't the 3ds version might actually be less snappy/responsive.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I already said I was biased, so that's already covered.

Impa might be low in requests now, but where do you think the Villager ranked earlier? Besides, Ghirahim is a one-off, and Tingle is pretty much hated. Skyward Sword is also hated without a good reason other than it being the latest Zelda (Why you no rike Skywardu Sword?) - and people having a *****- attitude towards SS and motion controlls in general (which SS did pretty well in fact, the swordplay is very well done). As far as a new character for Zelda goes, Impa is easily the best choice.
There has been more than proof that stuff in Smash doesn't necessarily have to stick to recent games, though.

Tingle is hated, but he also has a large fanbase. The haters happen to be the loudest people, but I assure he has his fans.

Ah, and if anything, Link returning in his TP look (albeit with a SS-esque color palette), makes it likely that Zelda, Sheik and Ganondorf will return with the same looks. Only time will tell, though, and not that it stops Impa from getting in either.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Why do people want Impa in Smash Bros? Is it because of Skyward Sword?

Yes. Despite the fact she doesn't do much more than what she normally does in some other games. Ocarina of Time she's just as important. Same in the Oracle games.

Diddy's stuff is another factor, of course.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
People here hate me talking about Impa. And that's the reason I talk about Impa. If you want more specific answers, ask GoldenY. ;):laugh:
To be fair, you aren't helping much either.

We only hate you for talking about Impa, because you don't shut the **** up about her. If you hadn't been so loud about her, we wouldn't be hating on you.

You have managed to make people hate Impa by yourself, due to your incessant propaganda. You, and you alone, are responsible for nearly everyone hate Impa.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Why do people want Impa in Smash Bros? Is it because of Skyward Sword?

Yes. Her role in there was a very strong one, and deeper than most other Zelda characters. Quite on par with Midna's even. She's also a character that has been there since the beginning of the series. And her name, amongst the names of Link and Zelda have an actual meaning to it. Whereas Zelda is named after someone named Zelda, Link is called Link cause of him being the 'link' between the character and the player. Impa however means 'to impart'. Hyrule Historica was quite specific in this.

There's also the fact she can actually fight. And has that barrier which'd make for an awesome special attack.

She could also be a separate Sheik, and thus separate Zelda and Sheik forever. Hopefully making Zelda herself better balanced by this (this is no given however, then again, it wouldn't hurt). Plus, Zelda / Sheik is becoming as outdated as mouldy bread by now. Sheik is also still a one-off, and was very lucky to get in Brawl I felt. As she was actually planned for Twilight Princess, but got scrapped in the process.

So yeah, these often overlooked facts make me PERSONALLY feel Impa should be the new Zelda character in Smash.

@ Frost & Fal:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
To be fair, you aren't helping much either.

We only hate you for talking about Impa, because you don't shut the **** up about her. If you hadn't been so loud about her, we wouldn't be hating on you.

You have managed to make people hate Impa by yourself, due to your incessant propaganda. You, and you alone, are responsible for nearly everyone hate Impa.

To be fair, I don't hate Impa because Impa. I hate Impa because it's always "Cut Sheik" with Diddy. Impa as a stand-alone with Shelda would be fine in my books.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
To be fair, I don't hate Impa because Impa. I hate Impa because it's always "Cut Sheik" with Diddy. Impa as a stand-alone with Shelda would be fine in my books.
That was exactly what I was saying.

Impa is an interesting character by herself. Make no doubt of that. However, the logic that Impa should be a Sheik replacement is deeply flawed.

@Diddy: I'm not being serious, I'm being rational. You know, I'm using my brain to think rationally and use logic to back my points.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
That was exactly what I was saying.

Impa is an interesting character by herself. Make no doubt of that. However, the logic that Impa should be a Sheik replacement is deeply flawed.

@Diddy: I'm not being serious, I'm being rational. You know, I'm using my brain to think rationally and use logic to back my points.

Worrying makes you go old before you actually age.

Impa is a cool character yeah, and I'd wish it would be possible to have both Impa and Sheik. I'd like it to happen to, but I just don't see it as likely both will be in. And if they're going to cuts anyway, I'd rather sacrifice Sheik than say, Ike or Lucario. Sorry bout that.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I have no idea about the specs of the 3ds, but I imagine it can't be thaaaaat hard to fit 5 chars instead of 4 at once in ram. Yes, less detailed model/texture would do it (they could even lower the ram usage in other areas to make room for the extra character). If it's a problem with physics on 5 chars instead of 4 at once, that's probably quite a bit harder to get around and might mean ICs types can't be in ds version, or play differently...

EDIT: A possible solution is simply to have the 3ds physics operate on slightly lower framerate, but that would mean the 3ds version wouldn't play as snappy/accurate. I don't know if it's a priority for them to have both versions 'feel' identical, if it isn't the 3ds version might actually be less snappy/responsive.
You say 5 characters instead of 4, but I assume you mean like if somebody uses IC's along with three different characters, but it could also be 4 IC's, making it 8 characters at once. I think 4 Pokemon Trainers would be even worse...? Not only would you have the 4 playable Pokemon on screen at once, but also 8 more waiting to be... loaded?, along with the 4 trainers themselves running around in the background. 16 guys at a time, geez.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'd rather sacrifice Ike or Lucario way before Sheik.

Anyone who's been in 2 or more games is honestly a "cannot cut" in my book.

Any one-off, eh sure. Except those who introduce a series.(like Olimar or R.O.B.)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
4 Pokémon Trainers would be awesome if one had Blastoise you FOOL :denzel:

@ Hyper: But don't you see? Ike HAS been in 2 games. Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. ;) It's Sheik who was only in Ocarina of Time.

woodsta

Smash Apprentice
You say 5 characters instead of 4, but I assume you mean like if somebody uses IC's along with three different characters, but it could also be 4 IC's, making it 8 characters at once. I think 4 Pokemon Trainers would be even worse...? Not only would you have the 4 playable Pokemon on screen at once, but also 8 more waiting to be... loaded?, along with the 4 trainers themselves running around in the background. 16 guys at a time, geez.
They'd be loaded pre-match, that's the thing. Can't load them during gameplay or it would lag.

In terms of 4 ICs at once, they would share the meshes in ram so it'd be just the one mesh (storing each IC or each pkmn trainer would be redundant). Texture wise, if they store the textures seperately that would be a a lot of ram, but if they're smart they'd do some kind of recolor post processing on the one texture, meaning 4 ics would be 2 meshes and 2 textures (if popo and nana use different meshes, i'm not sure).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
For no reason at all, here's a pic of Blastoise. And a reminder of how awesome he'd be in he was in Smash.

Don't deny it. The 10 year old inside of you would scream like a little ***** if Blastoise got confrimed.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
A new Star Fox is coming soon. The fact that the E3 Miiverse was flooded with Star Fox requests the entire week of E3 shows that Nintendo should at least be aware of how many people want it. The same goes for Metroid. Most people haven't awakened to the fact that Miiverse is a direct pipeline to Nintendo and Nintendo hasn't realized that it's one of the best innovations the WiiU has to offer. I honestly think it's going to be a game changer when Nintendo realizes what a powerful tool they have on their hands.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Ah, I see everyone's worried about the Ice Climbers issue. I'd highly doubt they would get around such a problem.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
@Diddy Kong: 2 Smash Bros. games. You know what I meant. -_-
I did. :awesome:

Then again. I find characters as Diddy, Wario, MetaKnight, King Dedede, Zero Suit Samus, Pokémon Trainer and Olimar way bigger priorities than characters as Sheik and Ice Climbers. Despite the first mentoined being newcomers in Brawl, they are way more important characters than Sheik and Ice Climbers.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Worrying makes you go old before you actually age.

Impa is a cool character yeah, and I'd wish it would be possible to have both Impa and Sheik. I'd like it to happen to, but I just don't see it as likely both will be in. And if they're going to cuts anyway, I'd rather sacrifice Sheik than say, Ike or Lucario. Sorry bout that.
I hold in high regard logical thinking and rational thought, which explains some of my reactions to certain posts and why I tend to avoid any bias in my reasoning. Thinking coldly without having emotions and personal tastes getting in your way. This is mainly the reason you don't see me talking about the characters I want. I'm putting my expectations as low as possible, pondering all possibilities that can happen. Doesn't mean I'm not hyped, though.

Anyway, Sakurai has stated he's trying to put as many characters as possible and I'm sure he wants most (if not all) veterans to return, if the unused characters in Brawl are anything to go by. He said his team is focusing on the characters and stages and those are very good news since they are the most important parts of the gameplay, alongside items.

bobadz

Smash Ace
A new Star Fox is coming soon. The fact that the E3 Miiverse was flooded with Star Fox requests the entire week of E3 shows that Nintendo should at least be aware of how many people want it. The same goes for Metroid. Most people haven't awakened to the fact that Miiverse is a direct pipeline to Nintendo and Nintendo hasn't realized that it's one of the best innovations the WiiU has to offer. I honestly think it's going to be a game changer when Nintendo realizes what a powerful tool they have on their hands.
I hope your right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom