• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Found exactly what I was looking for in here.

Weird how Brawl had so little compression done it's depressing.

For online, Nintendo moving away from friend codes is a step in the right direction that they are letting down restriction. Now here's to hoping that voice chat is added along with many more modes online and not so many insane restrictions outside of playing with friends. Oh and the terrible lag that plague Brawl absolutely must go.
Thanks for posting that link. Good link to pull out when anyone mentions that "3DS is holding back the Wii U" crap.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I know, but that's the only one among them that I have played, so...

Pretty much any RPG where Bowser is playable has this plot device (minus TTYD's Bowser sections). Dedede did it in Kirby 64 as well.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

bobadz

Smash Ace
Murasame Castle would work nicely as a hack 'n slash game, like Samurai Warriors. Kamiya has also demonstrated interest in this franchise.

Sega doing another F-Zero wouldn't be a bad idea. I've seen videos of F-Zero GX and it looks like a very good game. Shame I never bought it when I had the chance, but if GCN VC gets announced, that would be one more reason to buy a Wii U. :p

On Star Fox, I think Kamiya of Platinum Games is also interested on doing something with this IP. Considering that Platinum is currently developing two games, they could be working on both Murasame Castle and Star Fox at the same time too.
Treasure would do well with this franchise too, considering they make the Sin and Punishment series that share the same genre (rail shooter).

Retro Studios has proven they can handle the Metroid series just fine, as the critically acclaimed Metroid Prime trilogy showed. But, I would also like to see Retro working on something else other than Metroid and Donkey Kong.

I have no idea on who would make a new Kid Icarus game, but I would like to see that universe be expanded, since there's so much potential that the series has.

If the rumors about Murasame Castle being released on the VC internationally are true, I see myself downloading it. It seems to be an interesting game and, like the Kid Icarus series, there's potential in developing this franchise's universe.
Funny you mention Metroid.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/13/e3-2013-nintendo-retro-discuss-future-of-metroid
Well, we love Metroid. We love Metroid Prime and we always will. It was a big part of our studio, the culture of the studio. The majority of that team is still at Retro," Kelbaugh said. "When we finished with DK, we still had a lot of really cool ideas. That, in combination with what the Wii U could do, we really wanted to continue with that. Again, Retro Studios loves Metroid. We might do another one someday. But we really enjoyed working with DK as well.
He later went on to say:

Basically I'm thinking of, not just Samus, but how we can expand the whole Samus universe," Tanabe said. "You remember Metroid Prime Hunters. I'm thinking about things like how we could make that go out further, with all these different bounty hunters as well.[\QUOTE]

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Found exactly what I was looking for in here.

Weird how Brawl had so little compression done it's depressing.
Well if there's one thing I'm going to blame Sakurai for now it's destroying my first Wii's disc reader.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Does K. Rool really make any sense as a playable character in DKTC? People kept mentioning him, but I just don't see how it would be three kongs and then K. Rool. Has he been playable before?

Yes. Twice. He was playable in the Multiplayer Mode of DK: King of Swing for the GBA, and a racer in DK: Barrel Blast for Wii.

K.Rool being playable in Tropical Freeze is more of a joke thing though. The name Kong K.Rool has been named, meaning K.Rool would dress up in an ape-suit.

Also, this is definitely the best one so far:

All you had to do, was follow the damn train CJ.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yes. Twice. He was playable in the Multiplayer Mode of DK: King of Swing for the GBA, and a racer in DK: Barrel Blast for Wii.

K.Rool being playable in Tropical Freeze is more of a joke thing though. The name Kong K.Rool has been named, meaning K.Rool would dress up in an ape-suit.

See, while I think a villain role or secret-villain role is much more likely for King K, I wasn't joking about the playable role. I see it as a pretty good possibility, and a key reason why they couldn't just reveal it in the same way Toad/Peach/Weegee were revealed as playable immediately in SM3DW.

They know what they did to the fans there. I'm absolutely sure it's something great. (PLEASE don't be a playable OC Walrus now that I've said all that. Please Retro, you've done everything right with TF so far!)

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Absoultly EPIC just had to share this Brock' Soul Silver Run to be a real Poke Champ! Brock hits Saffron City Karate Gym to find all the Gym Leaders there! I see that fake douche imposter Brock decided to show his face too...(-_-)
Im there chilling with my Golem behind me! I be holding hands with Misty..hehehe

Just Speechless how Epic this is RealTalk.

20130617_224331.jpg

woodsta

Smash Apprentice
A couple pages ago people were talking about the 3ds limitations vs the wii u regarding "ice climbers" type characters, and zelda/shiek type transformation. The reason they're both similar is that it might come down to ram usage not ability to handle two characters at once. What I mean is the limitation could be the same for both ICs types and transformation types, since the bottleneck could be ram not processor (processor issue being physics for two characters at once, ram being texture/mesh size in ram)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Impa is way better than Sheik as a standalone character anyway.
Ice Climbers will probably wobble forever.
Charizard was the main reason I ever played as Pokémon Trainer anyway.

I see no big losses there.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Impa is way better than Sheik as a standalone character anyway.
Ice Climbers will probably wobble forever.
Charizard was the main reason I ever played as Pokémon Trainer anyway.

I see no big losses there.
To be fair, in a game celebrating Nintendo's history, I think all characters are important. Yes, that includes the Ice Climbers and Sheik.

Removing the Pokémon Trainer would be like removing Mario among the Mario characters. He's the main character of the Pokémon series, after all!

woodsta

Smash Apprentice
To be fair, in a game celebrating Nintendo's history, I think all characters are important. Yes, that includes the Ice Climbers and Sheik.

Removing the Pokémon Trainer would be like removing Mario among the Mario characters. He's the main character of the Pokémon series, after all!
I'd argue pikachu is more iconic than the trainer

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'd argue pikachu is more iconic than the trainer
Yes, I'm well aware of that, but I think the Trainer is also important due to being the main character.

Speaking of Pokémon, with Jigglypuff being Fairy-type, I could see Sakurai adding some new moves for her based on the new type.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
If any body wants this signature they can have it. Trying to make some signatures for the newcomers.

A couple pages ago people were talking about the 3ds limitations vs the wii u regarding "ice climbers" type characters, and zelda/shiek type transformation. The reason they're both similar is that it might come down to ram usage not ability to handle two characters at once. What I mean is the limitation could be the same for both ICs types and transformation types, since the bottleneck could be ram not processor (processor issue being physics for two characters at once, ram being texture/mesh size in ram)
Could be. Could also be an issue of the screen size not being large enough for all of the extra characters. We really don't know at this point/

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

If that was indeed true, Pikachu wouldn't be chosen as the series' mascot. Pikachu is the face of Pokémon as a whole. The Trainer is just, well, extremely important. I can give you that one yeah. Though, why can't we have a Trainer with just Charizard? I'd like that. Charizard baby! :charizard: (My favorite Pokémon are Pikachu, Mewtwo and Charizard btw)

Ice Climbers are from a rather forgotten NES game, and their inclusion was always a horribly inbalanced one. Wobbling is probably the second most homosexual thing on this planet.

And Impa is pretty much more important to Zelda than Sheik ever was. So she's still a good inclusion.

I wouldn't be troubled at all if Sakurai went this route.

Then again, I'm a Diddy main in Brawl, and have a strong bias towards Charizard (and Blastoise) and Impa.

So take my opinion how you'd like.

Yes, I'm well aware of that, but I think the Trainer is also important due to being the main character.

Speaking of Pokémon, with Jigglypuff being Fairy-type, I could see Sakurai adding some new moves for her based on the new type.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I want to do it so badly. ;_;

But Diddy, I main you! You can't stab me. I love you.
Aww you really know how to sweettalk a bro don't you?

TOO BAD KITTY MURDERER, I'LL FIND YOU, AND PEEL YOU LIKE A BANANA! :evil:

Please don't hurt your cat. I love cats. :sadeyes:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
If that was indeed true, Pikachu wouldn't be chosen as the series' mascot. Pikachu is the face of Pokémon as a whole. The Trainer is just, well, extremely important. I can give you that one yeah. Though, why can't we have a Trainer with just Charizard? I'd like that. Charizard baby! :charizard: (My favorite Pokémon are Pikachu, Mewtwo and Charizard btw)

Ice Climbers are from a rather forgotten NES game, and their inclusion was always a horribly inbalanced one. Wobbling is probably the second most homosexual thing on this planet.

And Impa is pretty much more important to Zelda than Sheik ever was. So she's still a good inclusion.

I wouldn't be troubled at all if Sakurai went this route.

Then again, I'm a Diddy main in Brawl, and have a strong bias towards Charizard (and Blastoise) and Impa.

So take my opinion how you'd like.
I don't even know how to respond to this thread, honestly.

Your reasoning reeks of sheer bias and the lack of coherent logic is just astounding.

I'm not even bothering arguing.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Oh, Diddy is spewing his Impa crap again? Impa is probably the least requested Zelda character at this point. :rolleyes:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Do we have specs on 3DS's RAM? Also, as a game designer, what solution would you propose or expect Sakurai to take.

Less detailed models/textures?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom