• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Please make it happen Nintendo! They're the two games I want to see come back the most.

Y'know, now that I think about it, aren't they the only two globally-recognized Nintendo franchises that need reviving at this point? DKC got a fantastic revival in 2010 (Although it's only almost near perfect. Needs some scaly Kremling love, but still it's got a fantastic revival.) Metroid is still going strong sort of, and KI is doing fine now.) I think those are the only ones left! Aside from like MMC and Starfy etc.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
As for any concerns about Bowser's dropkick, yeah, it's probably his new fsmash. But the funny thing is you can see him charging it in the developer vid and it looks like he's starting up a dsmash.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Kiddy honestly wouldn't offer a new playstyle with Donkey Kong present. Kiddy was essentially the Donkey Kong of DKC3, heavy and slow.
Kiddy could throw Dixie in DKC3. Donkey didn't do it to Diddy in DKC1 and DKCR. Kiddy could also skip across water by rolling. He was a lot different from Donkey. Also, if the fourth character was K. Rool, he wouldn't offer a new playstyle either since he is heavy and slow.

What if it is Donkey Kong Jr.? :awesome: If Cranky Kong is the original Donkey Kong... and if the new Donkey Kong is the original Donkey Kong Jr.... then there could be a new character who is the new Donkey Kong Jr. I liked him in Super Mario Kart and Mario Tennis 64...

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
For Tropical Freeze, I think the 4th character would have to be one with a new ability that lends itself well to a platformer. Not sure if K. Rool fits that. I guess Lanky could go all Ristar. Could be a new character too?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Imagine if the fourth player character was Mario?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Kiddy could throw Dixie in DKC3. Donkey didn't do it to Diddy in DKC1 and DKCR. Kiddy could also skip across water by rolling. He was a lot different from Donkey. Also, if the fourth character was K. Rool, he wouldn't offer a new playstyle either since he is heavy and slow.

What if it is Donkey Kong Jr.? :awesome: If Cranky Kong is the original Donkey Kong... and if the new Donkey Kong is the original Donkey Kong Jr.... then there could be a new character who is the new Donkey Kong Jr. I liked him in Super Mario Kart and Mario Tennis 64...

If they put in DK Jr. instead of K. Rool or even Funky, I think I'd just lose all hope in them as a company, despite every already-positive thing about Tropical Freeze.

D

Deleted member

Y'know, now that I think about it, aren't they the only two globally-recognized Nintendo franchises that need reviving at this point? DKC got a fantastic revival in 2010 (Although it's only almost near perfect. Needs some scaly Kremling love, but still it's got a fantastic revival.) Metroid is still going strong sort of, and KI is doing fine now.) I think those are the only ones left! Aside from like MMC and Starfy etc.
They're overdue for a new installment, that's for sure. So much could be done with them.

If a new Star Fox/F-zero game got announced at E3 2014, not only would I be incredibly happy but if the latter got announced, I may just stick around to support Samurai Goroh's inclusion.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm not sure why everyone is so worried about King K. Rool when we can clearly see Retro addressing a lot of the different things fans were complaining about in the last game. David Wise soundtrack, underwater levels, Dixie Kong, no blowing, no Tikis; they have literally taken Donkey Kong Country Returns and improved upon it with everything people -- myself included -- wanted to see. The only thing they haven't addressed yet is K. Rool, and I don't expect them to do that unless he truly is the fourth playable character (which I doubt since I think it will be Funky Kong or Cranky Kong). Otherwise don't be surprised if Retro hides him as a secret boss like we expected them to do the first time.
Found exactly what I was looking for in here.

Weird how Brawl had so little compression done it's depressing.
It really is incredible how much space was wasted on Subspace Emissary. However, it should be encouraging news to all of those afraid the next game is going to have less content than Brawl. This is still pretty telling:

The cutscenes are still what took up most of the space.

Without them, you can easily fix Brawl onto a single layer disc - it's been done where we modded all the cutscenes all down to be a small 5 second video instead of what you see in the SSE and it all fits neatly onto a single layer without any troubles.

Although, Toomai is correct and the majority of what makes up the SSE is just a ton of copy and pasted data, those files even when copied over and over and over so many hundred times still are still not as significant in size as those SSE Cutscenes were in terms of bytes used.

But yeah. Brawl should have all been on one disc.

AvengerX94

Smash Cadet
Random thought... Can you imagine SSB4's soundtrack featuring Imagine Dragons. Highly doubtful but still, I'd get a kick out if it.

Daydreamer

Smash Rookie
As for any concerns about Bowser's dropkick, yeah, it's probably his new fsmash. But the funny thing is you can see him charging it in the developer vid and it looks like he's starting up a dsmash.
To me it looks like his dash attack look at the trailer, he is never shown to charge it up so my guess is that it is a front punch or his dash attack. Or is there maybe a pic of him charging it up?

MatthewSwain9

Smash Cadet
They're overdue for a new installment, that's for sure. So much could be done with them.

If a new Star Fox/F-zero game got announced at E3 2014, not only would I be incredibly happy but if the latter got announced, I may just stick around to support Samurai Goroh's inclusion.
A new StarFox with good graphics would be nice but maybe instead of Wolf, Krystal whos a big person in their series would be different than Wolf Just saying guys

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It's probably Funky.

DK and co. are in a plane crash.

I also imagined that if Funky isn't the playable character, they could reinstate his role as helping the Kongs get from island to island. But I still think playable is either him or K. Rool, no one else.

D

Deleted member

I also imagined that if Funky isn't the playable character, they could reinstate his role as helping the Kongs get from island to island. But I still think playable is either him or K. Rool, no one else.
Both make sense, yet both don't make sense at the same time, it's weird.
I mean, Funky hates adventuring and K. Rool hates the Kongs with a passion.
With Funky, it could just be he doesn't have a choice. He can hate adventuring all he wants, and hate having to do it here, but it's necessary to get back home.
With K. Rool, it could be an Enemy Mine situation.

MatthewSwain9

Smash Cadet
Aww would have been I guess a neat addition a dog character. But honestly a Dog as a special just seems wierd but Well have to wait and see. It would be neat though for Sakurai to change up Fox's specials though maybe the Down-B or some others because for the last three games many characters have had the exact same moveset Just a thought

bobadz

Smash Ace
As for Nintendo IP's

Nintendo needs to do the following...
Bring back:
- Star Fox (Treasure)
- F-Zero (Sega)

Make a new:
- Metroid. Straight forward, no gimmicks or attempts at gameplay innovation.
- Kid Icarus on Wii U

Revive:
- Mystery of Murasame Castle. Preferably made by Kamiya and Platinum.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Both make sense, yet both don't make sense at the same time, it's weird.
I mean, Funky hates adventuring and K. Rool hates the Kongs with a passion.
With Funky, it could just be he doesn't have a choice. He can hate adventuring all he wants, and hate having to do it here, but it's necessary to get back home.
With K. Rool, it could be an Enemy Mine situation.

So true. I'm honestly expecting K. Rool to be a secret boss. (PLEASE) or a secondary boss, once the Kongs deal with the Vikings. However, a playable role would be even better. I miss Funky too, but not as much.

I still maintain that adding K. Rool as playable would prevent them from having to introduce Kremling enemies...unless of course he double crosses DK before the final secret world. Genius.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Does K. Rool really make any sense as a playable character in DKTC? People kept mentioning him, but I just don't see how it would be three kongs and then K. Rool. Has he been playable before?
I think he was playable in King of Swing and Mario Super Sluggers, but I'm not sure.

That's an issue with alpha sorting, some hardware has trouble doing a texture with alpha channel in front of another texture with alpha channel, in this case fox's texture over the little dust effect.
Interesting first post.

MatthewSwain9

Smash Cadet
Does K. Rool really make any sense as a playable character in DKTC? People kept mentioning him, but I just don't see how it would be three kongs and then K. Rool. Has he been playable before?
I think that there will be 2 DK playable players in the game. DK and one of these: Diddy,DK jr., Dixie Kong, King K. Rool, or Funky.

D

Deleted member

Not in any main DK game, though there was a playable Krusha in DK64's multiplayer mode as an unlockable character.

As for how to make it make sense, that's simple.
The Kongs are against the Vikings, K. Rool is against the Vikings.
K. Rool wants to be the one that takes over DK Isle.
So he helps the Kongs reclaim their land so he may have a chance to take it over himself.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

Technically he was playable in Super Sluggers. Really it's more of an expected "Enemy of my enemy" situation. Maybe he could double cross for a secret world and Funky could take over. The only other playable character in the DKC franchise is Kiddy, and that just doesn't seem like a great idea. Either way, I expect K. Rool to be in there somewhere.

That said, as a playable character he could offer alot of ingenious benefits. He does have alot of tools at his disposal...

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Not in any main DK game, though there was a playable Krusha in DK64's multiplayer mode as an unlockable character.

So he helps the Kongs reclaim their land so he may have a chance to take it over himself.

I personally see it like Bowser's situation in Bowser's Inside Story. When he says "Nobody is allowed to kidnap Peach on my watch except me!" Hope I got that quote right.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

It sounds too much like Super Mario RPG's plot. :p

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It sounds too much like Super Mario RPG's plot. :p

But this is a platformer! Besides, how many times has every plot been done before anyway? That means it's already more like Super Paper Mairo.

"Vikings stole DK land. DK smash them! Grrrr!" :shades:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
As for Nintendo IP's

Nintendo needs to do the following...
Bring back:
- Star Fox (Treasure)
- F-Zero (Sega)

Make a new:
- Metroid. Straight forward, no gimmicks or attempts at gameplay innovation.
- Kid Icarus on Wii U

Revive:
- Mystery of Murasame Castle. Preferably made by Kamiya and Platinum.
Murasame Castle would work nicely as a hack 'n slash game, like Samurai Warriors. Kamiya has also demonstrated interest in this franchise.

Sega doing another F-Zero wouldn't be a bad idea. I've seen videos of F-Zero GX and it looks like a very good game. Shame I never bought it when I had the chance, but if GCN VC gets announced, that would be one more reason to buy a Wii U. :p

On Star Fox, I think Kamiya of Platinum Games is also interested on doing something with this IP. Considering that Platinum is currently developing two games, they could be working on both Murasame Castle and Star Fox at the same time too.
Treasure would do well with this franchise too, considering they make the Sin and Punishment series that share the same genre (rail shooter).

Retro Studios has proven they can handle the Metroid series just fine, as the critically acclaimed Metroid Prime trilogy showed. But, I would also like to see Retro working on something else other than Metroid and Donkey Kong.

I have no idea on who would make a new Kid Icarus game, but I would like to see that universe be expanded, since there's so much potential that the series has.

If the rumors about Murasame Castle being released on the VC internationally are true, I see myself downloading it. It seems to be an interesting game and, like the Kid Icarus series, there's potential in developing this franchise's universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom