• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
On the upside, Nintendo has gotten a lot better a reviving old franchises in just the last generation alone. Keep in mind that Donkey Kong Country, Punch Out, Kid Icarus, Sin and Punishment, Golden Sun, Luigi's Mansion, Pilotwings, and Wario Land were all successfully revived in the past couple of years, Pikmin's about to get its first new game in 9 years, and Yoshi's Island is getting a new installment for the first time in 7 years later this year.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
On the upside, Nintendo has gotten a lot better a reviving old franchises in just the last generation alone. Keep in mind that Donkey Kong Country, Punch Out, Kid Icarus, Luigi's Mansion, Pilotwings, and Wario Land were all successfully revived in the past couple of years and Yoshi's Island is getting a new installment for the first time in 7 years later this year.
Here's hoping F Zero makes a comeback on the WiiU!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Has Retro explicitly noted that K. Rool won't be in Tropical Freeze? Not to get anyone's hopes up but I could easily see him being the main villain at the end of the game in a Viking motif. Either way, I think there's going to be one more game after Tropical Freeze to make a triology and he'll either appear in this game or the next just because so many people have been asking where he's been.
K. Rool as a Viking would make sense if there were Kremling enemies in the game...

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I dunno what's with TOSE, but indeed, I'm also bit sad we haven't seen any new Starfy since 2008. (-´^`-);;;

Star: Maan, I wish we could just get more info on other aspects of the game already. Things look to be so young though and I don't know when we'll get any big news concerning anything.

Also WHY DOES NONE APPRECIATE RUSH

LOOK AT HIM

HE'S SO WELL DONE LIKE LOOK ALL THE SHINE AND THE DETAIL ON HIS LITTLE ROBOTIC PAWS

WHO'S A GOODLOOKING DOGGIE

YOU ARE RUSH

YOU ARE

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Lol, oh goodness, I just had a dream that the Kraft cheese dinosaur was revealed as a newcomer. The trailer was a brief history of the company.

I think Horsetail killed himself.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Cheesasaurus Rex

Joins the Food Fight.

MatthewSwain9

Smash Cadet
That was a good one.
Yeah I honestly can imagine her as pretty powerful and flexible as a sort of non projectile zero suit samus. I mean look at Game and Watch. When he was revealed people probably glanced at him but now people dont care. I just dont see why people say shes a waste of a slot

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
usually every character receives at least some appreciation

especially when every player wants to be different

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
WFT's moveset looks nothing like ZSS. I don't know why people keep comparing them. Might as well expect Ike and Link to play the same because they're well-built male swordsmen.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I find the all "Miss Fit is a motherly figure to Villager"-pics very heartwarming tho. Especially those which don't portray Villager as a psycho.

It's like those two are now paired together sorta for almost walking along the same wavelength.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
WFT's moveset looks nothing like ZSS. I don't know why people keep comparing them. Might as well expect Ike and Link to play the same because they're well-built male swordsmen.
Back in the pre-Brawl days, people used to believe that Zero Suit Samus was replacing Sheik.

LoveandBacon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lithiums
As for online gameplay, I'm hoping for some sort of tournament mode. Maybe include both tournaments that anybody can join as well as private ones for competitive/friend play?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
K. Rool as a Viking would make sense if there were Kremling enemies in the game...
It's a stretch but he was in control of other animals aside from Kremlings in the previous games. DKC had beavers, vultures, apes, bees, sharks, jellyfish, octopi, and armadillos, DKC2 had porcupines, stingrays, and cats, and DKC3 had rats, fish, hedgehogs, owls, and woodpeckers. Again, I have to emphasize that I'm really stretching things but I still don't think it's completely impossible.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
It's a stretch but he was in control of other animals aside from Kremlings in the previous games. DKC had beavers, vultures, apes, bees, sharks, jellyfish, octopi, and armadillos, DKC2 had porcupines, stingrays, and cats, and DKC3 had rats, fish, hedgehogs, owls, and woodpeckers. Again, I have to emphasize that I'm really stretching things but I still don't think it's completely impossible.

WAIT A MINUTE. Didn't DKC3 have penguins in the snow levels? :surprised:

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace

True, and "Viking K Rool" is such a perfect name. Either that or he would hopefully be the 4th playable character. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It's weird that because of all the talk about him in this thread that I'm beginning to legitimately miss K. Rool. I can't blame his fans for being so vocal though because it's not too often when you have a long standing character outright cut from a franchise.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
King K. Rool has so much potential with his theme changing. Had he appeared in Donkey Kong Country Returns, he probably could have been Witch Doctor K. Rool as to go with the evil tiki theme, and he could have fought using voodoo magic. Nintendo's been missing so many opportunities by ignoring him. :(

Daydreamer

Smash Rookie
I think two Donkey kong characters are enough. It is not that big of a seller to Nintendo, same could sadly be said about F-Zero. :ohwell:
But I would like another bad guy though. Maybe Mewtwo could return or Bass from Megaman :)

Hoots

Can Be Combative
It's weird that because of all the talk about him in this thread that I'm beginning to legitimately miss K. Rool. I can't blame his fans for being so vocal though because it's not too often when you have a long standing character outright cut from a franchise.
Kremling fans have been absolutely abused for about a decade. I honestly think Nintendo, especially Miyamoto, enjoys it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom