• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsta

Smash Apprentice
Ah, I see everyone's worried about the Ice Climbers issue. I'd highly doubt they would get around such a problem.
Yeah, honestly, it's Nintendo... look at Galaxy, that game looks way too good for that hardware. They are masters of efficiency most of the time (although I just read that brawl was inefficiently packed...)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
They'd be loaded pre-match, that's the thing. Can't load them during gameplay or it would lag.

In terms of 4 ICs at once, they would share the meshes in ram so it'd be just the one mesh (storing each IC or each pkmn trainer would be redundant). Texture wise, if they store the textures seperately that would be a a lot of ram, but if they're smart they'd do some kind of recolor post processing on the one texture, meaning 4 ics would be 2 meshes and 2 textures (if popo and nana use different meshes, i'm not sure).
I bet they could make Popo and Nana share the same model. The only difference between them is their hair, and I think you could easily model both styles onto the same model, but which one was visible would depend on the texture.

woodsta

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone seen a fastfall in any of the footage? Imo that's one of the most important things regarding the pace of the game

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
So like, I'm on the hype train for a melee-esque engine in the upcoming Smash Bros. title and I was wondering if we (the community) have started a trend to get Sakurai's attention about the popularity of Melee. Perhaps massive amounts of tweets to his Twitter account regarding the fact that Melee is the only Smash Bros. game to make it to Evo 2013 since 2008 I believe?

Using this fact we can let him know that we still love (and overall prefer, let's face it lol) Melee to this day 12 years after it's release.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
So like, I'm on the hype train for a melee-esque engine in the upcoming Smash Bros. title and I was wondering if we (the community) have started a trend to get Sakurai's attention about the popularity of Melee. Perhaps massive amounts of tweets to his Twitter account regarding the fact that Melee is the only Smash Bros. game to make it to Evo 2013 since 2008 I believe?

Using this fact we can let him know that we still love (and overall prefer, let's face it lol) Melee to this day 12 years after it's release.

It's already shown to be a midway between Melee and Brawl, meaning it's faster and probably less floaty.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Don't deny it. The 10 year old inside of you would scream like a little ***** if Blastoise got confrimed.
My inner child went ballistic when I saw Charizard as a playable character. Then lament struck when I saw he was part of the lamest, least practical Smash character ever.

Blastoise would be a nice consolation for Charizard so I'd be hype for that.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Hanako reminds me of bacon. Bacon is delicious, but not healthy. Unless it's turkey bacon, but that's not as delicious. Sausage is good though, especially with a omelette.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Hanako reminds me of bacon. Bacon is delicious, but not healthy. Unless it's turkey bacon, but that's not as delicious. Sausage is good though, especially with a omelette.

...Did you just compare Hanako to Asage?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Are we really back on Impa people? Really? Okay, how about we get off of this subject and try discussing something else.

I've been thinking a little bit more about what WiFi features should be implemented into the next game, and I think these are the most reasonable:

- Create a streamlined process for adding NNID users. Friend codes are gone for the most part anyways.
- Allow for users to restrict match searches by region. This will go a long way in managing online lag.
- Offer ranked and unranked battles. Players can use their tags to evaluate online match performance compared to their offline statistics.
- Offer 1v1, free for all and team battle modes.
- Allow for two local players to engage in online team battles. That way if little Johnny and his sister want to team up online to battle other players they can.
- Allow for 3-4 stock matches with a five minute time limit (maybe shorter).

Anything else missing?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Taken from that article:
"Whether it's a minor character or a character that is one of the most highly skilled and most played," Sakurai said, "if that character is removed from the game, the people who live for that character in Smash Bros. are going to have their feelings hurt.

"I think we have to really consider that, so I take a very serious, hard look at that and have empathy for the players who look for these type of characters when we're making these decisions."

That decision-making process starts with Sakurai forming his own thoughts, but also factors in various surveys, he said. From there, a list of candidates is refined by evaluating their contribution to the game's roster: "What is the uniqueness of this character? What does this character bring into the Smash Bros. universe? What do they have that other characters don't? How do they complement or contrast other characters?"
It's a must read, guys.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Although there wasn't really much anything new regards to Smash 4 in that article, I really enjoy reading about what goes through his mind.

Hanako makes me think of bacon and chocolate. The Katawa Shoujo community has absolutely ruined that character for me. :laugh:

Also for the record, Rin is best girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom