• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Ideally, Bomberman, Black Mage, Sonic, and Mega Man would be in Smash4. Heck, throw in Layton, and you have Nintendo's golden boys of third party characters. They all fit extremely well in Smash, and completely deserve to be in it.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
For a dead franchise that's smaller than Mega Man, it's actually pretty good for what he can do.
Yeah, they were consistently putting out 3-5 games each year up until 2011 when they suddenly stopped. Still might see a revival though but it's not looking good with the 3DS game being cancelled.

Still playing Bomberman Hero though.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Ideally, Bomberman, Black Mage, Sonic, and Mega Man would be in Smash4. Heck, throw in Layton, and you have Nintendo's golden boys of third party characters. They all fit extremely well in Smash, and completely deserve to be in it.

Yeah, they do all fit well.
Though that may be Smash Flash 2 talking. XD

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Yeah, they were consistently putting out 3-5 games each year up until 2011 when they suddenly stopped. Still might see a revival though but it's not looking good with the 3DS game being cancelled.
You can blame Konami for burying all of Hudson's IPs alive. Them cancelling that Bomberman game that was pretty far in development was just disgusting.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Lyn is rising. :awesome:
Pretty much there is just going to be some significant jumps from a few popular characters.

Palutena, Junoir and Krystal will be moving to Top Tier

Shulk and Dixie will follow Chrom and Waluigi into Mid Tier

6th Gen placeholder will follow Lyn into Low Tier,

Wolf Link, Tales, Chrono, Layton, Shy Guy, and Dillon will move into the already bloated Bottom Tier

But eventually (Maybe a far ways from now) the number of votes will be so high, that the bottom tier will slim down considerably because another tier will break into two.(Due to popular characters being voted on so much that they start to differentiate their class of popularity even more) I don't know if this makes sense to anyone but me, but, I thought I'd throw it out there.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Apparently, the update of today is a picture of Battlefield in the 3DS version. :glare:

EDIT: I don't even care that I got ninja'd. I'm a little annoyed that I stayed up til 4 AM for a picture of Battlefield.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
It really looks like a painting. Maybe that's the idea. Like a little framed stage on your screen. I wonder if the camera would still move or if it will be locked in place.

MatthewSwain9

Smash Cadet
honesty i just dont see Sakurai including many 3rd party people i mean hes said that Mega Man was a "very special situation" so really only one of these might be on if one

D

Deleted member

Still playing Bomberman Hero though.
It's sad to see Bomberman die so painfully and quick. Heck, I'm not even aware of any re-releases on consoles/handhelds. It's like they want people to forget about Bomberman and that is a shame; especially when Bomberman Blast! was such a great game.

D

Deleted member

Looks like our picture update is a shot of the 3DS Battlefield

Anybody else likes the morning feeling this stage gives out?
It really looks like a painting. Maybe that's the idea. Like a little framed stage on your screen. I wonder if the camera would still move or if it will be locked in place.
Well it does move in other 3DS stages so I would imagine that the camera would move for this stage as well, even if not to the same extent.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Looks like our picture update is a shot of the 3DS Battlefield

Looks like it was taken directly from the press release pics unfortunately. At least we now know the time when the Dojo updates.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
There's either a bunch of people or one person with a bajillion accounts trolling around and saying Pac-Man was confirmed. :chuckle:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Back in the old days it updated more around 2 AM (central) ...didn't it?

IT WAS MUCH EASIER TO STAY UP THAT LATE BACK THEN...

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
Hejibits is the good ****. E3 summary comic since PA didn't make a proper one this year.

Um, can I spoiler this image? I think it is rule-breakingly ridley, no?

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I feel really bad for Sakurai. On every Miiverse update now, for every good comment there's like a hundred people asking Sakurai for really dumb characters or just complaining in general.

Anyway, last night's update was...meh. I guess now I know what it's like to be "Knuckle Joe'd."

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I definitely wish we were getting at least captions with the pictures... loading up the page each morning and being greeted with a picture of someone taunting or an empty stage isn't really that satisfying.

@Zinfandel
I never realized until now how much "Zinfandel" sounds less like a type of wine and more like a fantasy villain.

All hail Zinfandel, Lord of the Crimson Grape.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The way the rocks/mountains are shaped in the background reminds me of the Pride Rock in Lion King.
Simba confirmed.

Hey ashenhole, do you realize I had to search through this thread to find this song again.

Why is it always YOUR links I come back to.
Because I have good tastes. Now shut up and enjoy this:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
The only thing I could take from these pics is that the 3DS and WiiU versions are different.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The only thing I could take from these pics is that the 3DS and WiiU versions are different.
Well, that isn't news. Battlefield will have two versions depending on the system.

It is the same stage, but with different aesthetics. Wii U version has a ruins theme, while 3DS version seems more natural.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
It was news to me I didn't really catch on to that until I looked at both of them just now.
*braces for possible slowpoke reply*

On a side note: I'm a getting he feeling that it's going to be a while before we get something interesting from this Daily Pictures.

EDIT: Wow Microsoft... So many things wrong with this picture...

A) What an odd redesign of the Xbox One...
B) Windows 8 so bad not even Microsoft uses it?
C) I'm pretty sure the graphic card in the Xbox One is from AMD...I love how this PC is using Nvidia to play the games.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
It baffles me that people think Sakurai is going to cut Ike, a character that has a unique move set/play style, is the mascot of the Wii FE games, and is very popular in Brawl. It makes no sense. I personally don't want ANY cuts, and if there are cuts, only Toon Link.
I don't think that it's unreasonable to expect that Ike could be cut for the latest FE Lord. I think it's more likely for the series to bump to 3 slots than for Ike to go, but Ike is definitely at risk.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
On the topic of Microsoft's downward spiral, apparently there's a rumor going around that if you get banned on Xbox Live on the XBox One, it completely bricks your console and Microsoft will refuse to fix it.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
It was news to me I didn't really catch on to that until I looked at both of them just now.
*braces for possible slowpoke reply*

On a side note: I'm a getting he feeling that it's going to be a while before we get something interesting from this Daily Pictures.

EDIT: Wow Microsoft... So many things wrong with this picture...

A) What an odd redesign of the Xbox One...
B) Windows 8 so bad not even Microsoft uses it?
C) I'm pretty sure the graphic card in the Xbox One is from AMD...I love how this PC is using Nvidia to play the games.
I saw the video BlackBusterCritc talking about this, then I checked the Dead Rising 3 footage and heard the windows error sound. I can't believe it. Microsoft lies to gamers yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom