• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
My final bet is two new characters, and they are K. Rool and Shulk (and Mewtwo), and if I had to pick a 3rd newcomer, I'd pick a lesser known franchise character like a Paper Mario, Isaac, Takamaru, etc.

I also expect at least 6 characters who were playable in Brawl (mostly characters who had been in all 3 games; it'd be nice if we got the original 8 at least), and no Brawl newcomers, sans maybe the likes of Pit, Diddy Kong, Snake, and of course Sonic.
A playable dragon in a fighting game just has so many things going for it, that even people who have no idea who Ridley is will want to play has him. Ridley just makes sense.
Nothing more needs to be said. A dragon/pterodactyl (which btw is a genius and a mass murderer) in a fighting game = win.
Can you not talk about Viewtiful Joe please, I'm still salty with the lack of a 3rd game. :glare:
I brought it up because I AM SALTY TOO!!!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I find it strange that people are guessing that they'll only reveal 2-3 new characters when in the previous two reveal trailers they revealed no less than 4 (Melee: Bowser, Sheik, Peach, and Ice Climbers, Brawl: Metaknight, Pit, ZSS, Wario and Snake).

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I want to see Jigglypuff in the reveal trailer so people will stop speculating that it was probably cut. That bugged the crap out of me before Brawl's release.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Fatman
It's because we're getting less newcomers than Melee and Brawl in all likelihood. We got a bit under 30% of the newcomers revealed in the Brawl debut trailer (5/17; 18 if you count Toon Link as a newcomer) and the Melee reveal trailer (4/14).
I'm less concerned about Marth as he isn't going anywhere. I'm worried about Ike. :ohwell::nervous:
If Ike is cut, then something is seriously wrong with the universe. Still, Ike should get his new Radiant Dawn look as his new default look, while his previous appearance (based on Path of Radiance) should be his alternate look (much like Wario's classic Wario outfit is to his Wario Ware outfit).
Anyway, the original twelve are due for becoming starters. There really isn't any reason for them to go at this point so why not just say they're back? More unlockable newcomers would be preferable anyway.
I think at least Jigglypuff and Luigi should remain unlockable characters, since it is something of a (fun) tradition. Still, I wouldn't mind seeing them being revealed early, especially Jigglypuff. I don't want the stupid Jigglypuff doubters/haters to pop up again, even though she's one of the funnest characters to play as and against in Smash 64 and Melee, and definitely a fan favorite (and if you disagree, go crap your pants to death on a Xbox One somewhere).

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Man, I seriously can't believe E3 is already here.

Wish I didn't have an exam in class tomorrow though.... :glare:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Maan, I just really wish I'd get to see one of my newcomers I've been waiting so badly for unveiled (ASIDE FROM Palutena). (-´~`-)

Also wishing for these stages to be shown:

- Good Egg Galaxy/Sky Station Galaxy
- Skyloft
- Cookie Country
- Sunset Shores
- Rainbow Road

So uh, anyone coming to Skype tomorrow? I might drop in about half hour before the start of the directs.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Maybe but if Melee was able to reveal 4 new characters with only 26 characters altogether right off the bat, I don't see why SSB4 can't do it when it'll probably hit at least 50 especially when it's likely that several characters are probably going to be cut/replaced anyways.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
I think at least Jigglypuff and Luigi should remain unlockable characters, since it is something of a (fun) tradition. Still, I wouldn't mind seeing them being revealed early, especially Jigglypuff. I don't want the stupid Jigglypuff doubters/haters to pop up again, even though she's one of the funnest characters to play as and against in Smash 64 and Melee, and definitely a fan favorite (and if you disagree, go crap your pants to death on a Xbox One somewhere).

I want jiggly to be one of the first unlockable characters

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I want to see Jigglypuff in the reveal trailer so people will stop speculating that it was probably cut. That bugged the crap out of me before Brawl's release.
And for the people who were here pre-Melee, it bugged them, too, until at least Miyamoto let it slip Jigglypuff was playable.

Also, David Hayter totally let the Jigglypuff confirmation slip in Brawl when he was talking about his Brawl voice work. So did that silly Nintendo stickers video that (on the bottom right of the screen) confirmed Jigglypuff, Lucario, and Ness (the latter of whom everyone and their mother, and MOTHER thought was cut from smash bros forever).

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Already added you Young Horsetail. :bee:
NOW GROW UP AND BE OLD HORSETAIL!!! :joyful:
Maybe but if Melee was able to reveal 4 new characters with only 26 characters altogether right off the bat, I don't see why SSB4 can't do it when it'll probably hit at least 50 especially when it's likely that several characters are probably going to be cut/replaced anyways.
I don't think we're gonna get more than 1 cut, if even that. Sakurai stated that he felt this Brawl roster was nearly perfect.

And if we got 50 characters with no cuts plus Mewtwo returning, that mean's we'd 10 new characters, which means we would get 2 or 3 new characters if that around (usually less than) 30% number stays true.

Which, again, is still a pretty good number, especially if the quality characters are there. We've just been spoiled by the previous two game reveals, that's all.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
For what it's worth, if we see any new third party characters tomorrow I'm betting they will be Megaman or Professor Layton.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
For what it's worth, if we see any new third party characters tomorrow I'm betting they will be Megaman or Professor Layton.

I really hope you're right. Layton would be THE main thing that would hype me up the most! But I can't help but feel that he's very very unlikely of getting in. Hopefully tomorrow would bring my mind at ease but it likely wouldn't. Megaman would also be cool though.

"Cross your fingers..."

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The good news is that my work schedule is going to be pushed back two hours from normal, meaning I'll be able to get about 15 minutes worth of information from the Nintendo Direct. It still feels disappointing that I'll miss the front row seats for the ****storm.

Still hoping that varies questions will be answered, and for the confirmation of Takamaru or Shulk.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
The good news is that my work schedule is going to be pushed back two hours from normal, meaning I'll be able to get about 15 minutes worth of information from the Nintendo Direct. It still feels disappointing that I'll miss the front row seats for the ****storm.
Lucky b*stard....:mad:

I have an exam tomorrow, so skipping class isn't even an option for me. Barring something unforseen, like snow(in the middle of summer in Central Texas) sadly I'm still stuck not seeing it live.

D

Deleted member

I really hope this is the case should we get new third-parties. Preferably, we'd get both but even just one of these characters would be good to see. I've actually become sort of a Layton supporter again because I'm keen to the idea of having a "fighting without fighting" character and I think Layton would fit that bill really well. And of course you already know how much I want to see Mega Man in...

I'm really lucky that my class starts at 10:10 CST so I can see the conference along with the trailer.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
I swear, EA does not know what we mean by in game footage... (we want to see gameplay... like legit gameplay. the UI, the top down like all the Madden games are, not this slow motion capture with a different camera that plays when youre not actually actively controlling the players. smh... can we have an EA conference without EA Sports?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I really hope this is the case should we get new third-parties. Preferably, we'd get both but even just one of these characters would be good to see. I've actually become sort of a Layton supporter again because I'm keen to the idea of having a "fighting without fighting" character and I think Layton would fit that bill really well. And of course you already know how much I want to see Mega Man in...
I've never had any real attachment to Layton, but I do feel this picture says a lot about the series relation to Nintendo though.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I really hope you're right. Layton would be THE main thing that would hype me up the most! But I can't help but feel that he's very very unlikely of getting in. Hopefully tomorrow would bring my mind at ease but it likely wouldn't. Megaman would also be cool though.

"Cross your fingers..."
Our chances aren't stellar, but I wouldn't give up hope just yet. Layton is one of the few remaining characters they can add that will be recognizable to an audience broader than this board.

D

Deleted member

I've never had any real attachment to Layton, but I do feel this picture says a lot about the series relation to Nintendo though.
To be fair, I don't think having a large history with Nintendo means much since after all.. Snake, but having characters known for the Nintendo releases does appeal to me. Layton having a "fighting without fighting" play style along with him being practically synonymous with Nintendo is what makes me interested in his inclusion.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I'm not even familiar with the Professor Layton games, so there isn't much of an attachment. Ironically, I'm more familiar with the lesser known Level-5 franchise Inazuma Eleven then Professor Layton.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I think Megaman, Ryu, Pacman, and (Insert Tekken Character) are the most probable. But Sakurai doesn't always like to be so predictable.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Our chances aren't stellar, but I wouldn't give up hope just yet. Layton is one of the few remaining characters they can add that will be recognizable to an audience broader than this board.
Yeah I know, Hino has expressed interest. Now hopefully he actually went ahead and requested Sakurai to put Layton in smash. I also can't really help but feel as there is any better time to reveal Layton, it would be tomorrow. Honestly having both Layton and Megaman show up would bring a ton of hype I could imagine. Many Layton fans have said that they would definitely buy smash if Layton was in it. He can certainly bring in hype and a new fanbase to the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom