• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
There is going to be at least three happy character fanbases in less than 20 hours. I feel pretty confident that Takamaru's will be among them.

This week is going to be crazy.

Keep in mind also that when Brawl was unveiled, a new teaser site for Brawl was unveiled. It had official art and screenshots of each of the newcomers in the trailer. I bet a new teaser site is being made as we speak.
I'd argue at least 8 simply because some people breath a massive sigh of relief when it's confirmed that one of their favorite veteran characters wasn't cut. This is how I was with Ness.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I'd argue at least 8 simply because some people breath a massive sigh of relief when it's confirmed that one of their favorite veteran characters wasn't cut. This is how I was with Ness.
Most people realize though that Mario, Kirby, Pikachu, and Link are not going anywhere though.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Can you not talk about Viewtiful Joe please, I'm still salty with the lack of a 3rd game. :glare:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
One takeaway I'm sure we'll have right away is whether or not guest characters will have a place in the new game.

volbound1700

Smash Master
My list of characters revealed:

Ridley
Takamaru
Bowser Jr. or Toad
Pac-Man
Little Mac

Vets:

Mario, Pikachu, Link, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Samus, Sonic, Marth, Olimar, Fox, Peach, Pit (I think we will get several Vets in this one... I could be wrong).

D

Deleted member

I think at the very least we will see ten characters; veterans and newcomers. Aside from the obvious four, I am also expecting Samus and Pit to show up and I think there's a good chance Donkey Kong will be in the trailer as well.

Still sticking with my Ridley, Palutena, Little Mac and Takamaru as well along with Mega Man if there's a third-party (or Mewtwo if there's no new third-parties at E3 and we get a fifth addition).

@ChronoBound: I'd throw Little Mac up there in regards to characters to be confident in seeing. Unlike Ridley or Palutena, he's not dependent on another character showing up and he's the biggest misc. franchise left with a realistic shot of getting in. Plus with being very heavily requested, his inclusion would bring hype to the game.

metaknave

Smash Apprentice
Geez, you miss a lot when you don't post in three years. Banning Metaknight and a new Smash?

So yeah, I revived my old account just before the Sm4sh reveal. So hype!

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I think they're going to show more than that though. With SSB4 being almost a year and half in development, I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up seeing at least half of the starting roster.
We will probably get other "obvious" veterans like Donkey Kong, Samus, Fox, Yoshi, and Pit.

I doubt we will be seeing some of the "iffy" Brawl veterans.

volbound1700

Smash Master
We will probably get other "obvious" veterans like Donkey Kong, Samus, Fox, Yoshi, and Pit.

I doubt we will be seeing some of the "iffy" Brawl veterans.

Yes, only iffy one I have showing up is Sonic because he is big-name and to push hype for Lost World.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I think they're going to show more than that though. With SSB4 being almost a year and half in development, I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up seeing at least half of the starting roster.
We might, but it's hard to draw any precedent since Melee's reveal came at the end of its development cycle and Brawl's little into its beginning. If I had to guess which veterans we might see I'd probably say Pit, Marth, Donkey Kong, Samus, Yoshi, Olimar and Fox. Oh, and Sonic if he's there.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
I hope we can upload music to the game, the only minor feature I want

how many stages do you think we'll see (if I remember we got battlefield and the halberd)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Although, come to think of it, most of Brawl's newcomers were in the starting roster which I remember was one of my biggest complaints about the game. It's not really that big of a deal but I like unlocking new people.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Would definitely like to see Marth be in the unveil trailer. He really should be a starter, and I am curious what design they use for him.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Changing topic a little bit but who here has played "The Last Story" and what were your impressions? I have played through quite a bit of it so far and I am at (SPOILERS ALERT)

* the part where the island is moving and just completed the tower trials (where you fight General Ashgard) and Kraken levels (Sea Cave)*

People missed this post :(

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I bought Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D and preordered Pokemon X today. Looks like I'll be playing Pokemon again after skipping 4th and 5th gen games.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Takamaru being revealed in the trailer never made much sense to me. Are you banking on him getting a reboot soon, or what? Expecting him to be the equivalent of Pit?

D

Deleted member

Would definitely like to see Marth be in the unveil trailer. He really should be a started, and I am curious what design they use for him.
It'll most likely be the FE13 design.

Anyway, the original twelve are due for becoming starters. There really isn't any reason for them to go at this point so why not just say they're back? More unlockable newcomers would be preferable anyway.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Takamaru being revealed in the trailer never made much sense to me. Are you banking on him getting a reboot soon, or what? Expecting him to be the equivalent of Pit?
He's a character that has been requested for awhile now and one thing Super Smash Bros doesn't have is a samurai. People like samurais.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Tomorrow can't come any faster. And Nintendo has SO much promised for 1st and 2nd party games alone:

Wii U
Bayonetta 2
Game & Wario
Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Games
Mario Kart
The Legend of Zelda XVIII
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
New Super Luigi U
Pikmin 3
Retro Studio's Project
Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem
Third Sonic game
Sonic Lost World
Super Mario 3D
Super Smash Bros.
Wii Fit U
Wii U Party
The Wonderful 101
X
Yarn Yoshi

Nintendo 3DS
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past 2
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Mario Golf: World Tour
Mario Party
Pokémon X & Y
Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies
Sonic Lost World
Super Smash Bros.
Yoshi's Island 3DS

Did I miss any? But yeah, Nintendo is gonna drop the bomb. BIG TIME!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
He's basically this generations' Pit, yes. He's had a lot of cameos in recent years especially with him getting his own game in Nintendo Land and being an unlockable character in Samurai Warriors 3. I think he's very plausible.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I think a majority do expect a re-imagined Takamaru. Metroid and Kid Icaurus were designed with a similar style; as was Link and Takamaru's game. Takamaru would complete the collection.

D

Deleted member

He's a character that has been requested for awhile now and one thing Super Smash Bros doesn't have is a samurai. People like samurais.
I wouldn't say popularity is what helps Takamaru. In Japan where his game is from, he's barely requested and even in the West he's not too commonly wanted. While to most of us on this board he's expected but not wanted, most people have no clue who he is, so I think he'll be a surprise character reveal.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Nah, still don't see it. But who cares.

I mean, I know trailer reveals are all about big names and sort of face-value appeal, which I kind of doubt Takamaru has. In such a small amount of time, could you really convey how Japaneezy he is and why his swordy things are so cool. He's not really your typical samurai OR ninja.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I wouldn't say popularity is what helps Takamaru. In Japan where his game is from, he's barely requested and even in the West he's not too commonly wanted. While to most of us on this board he's expected but not wanted, most people have no clue who he is, so I think he'll be a surprise character reveal.
There is a difference between consistency and popularity.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
You know, I'm not saying I want it in the trailer, but at some point, I wanna see the WTF character on the level of G&W and ROB.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I used to bring this up when I argued for him for Brawl but the Mystery of Murasame Castle is also one of Sakurai's favorite games. I remember him saying that Punch Out was also really high on his list too. Other people have said it but I do think it would be cool for all the original NES heroes (Mario, Link, Samus, Takamaru, Pit, and Little Mac) to finally be together in a Smash game.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Wouldn't be surprised if they announced that Mystery of Murasame Castle is coming to the Virtual Console shortly after he's revealed given the hint the Australia Ratings gave us the other week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom