• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
man, if nintendo does a price cut on the wii-u they're in business (about $250 for a deluxe would be awesome)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Oh darn, we're not gonna get another Megaman where the exact same thing happens, just different themed bosses?

D

Deleted member

A win is a win. Hollow or not.
That may be true, but at the same time, it feels bad that Nintendo's big guns are going off on weak competition.
It's as if those big guns would have had bigger impact against other big guns.

Like a cannon vs. a cannon.
Right now it's a cannon vs. a bb gun.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Kind of a hollow victory when it's because the opponent failed miserably.
It's sad when the best game was MGSV: Phantom Pain, which is coming to the Xbox 360 as and looks better than all the other games.

Also, how does Peter still have a job=??? He messed up Fable hardcore.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just finished watching. Definitely didn't impress me, though I will admit I was happy to see there wasn't any Kinect or TV/Sports stuff, just hardcore games.

Most of the games don't impress me. Only exclusive that caught my eye was Dead Rising 3, though the main protagonist doesn't look as cool as Frank or Chuck just yet. Metal Gear Solid 5 is multi-platform so meh. The Twitch stuff was cool to hear about.

Definitely more hyped than I've ever been for a Sony press conference. This is by far from being the worst the Microsoft conference IMO, but they haven't shown that the games outweigh the controversies. Pretty sure everything they gained during the conference was squashed by that $499 price tag.

Was it just me or were some issues with the conference? I didn't get any sound except for the audience during Crimson Dragon, and Battlefield 4 had some issues as well.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Oh darn, we're not gonna get another Megaman where the exact same thing happens, just different themed bosses?
You mean awesome gameplay, awesome levels, and lots of fun that actually challenges you=???

Mega Man's mechanics are so perfect, that people who love action-based platformers don't care if we get the same game over.

Also, Mario is the same thing over and over, especially NEW SMB.

Maybe if you played good games, unlike Star Fox Adventures, Assault, and Command you'd know that... :troll:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
That may be true, but at the same time, it feels bad that Nintendo's big guns are going off on weak competition.

Sony is still around you know. M$ will just be in the cross fire.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide

And the person with the bb gun had the potential to use a cannon, but they failed to repair it, and used the first thing they could find on the weapon rack.

...If that makes any sense.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Our conquering is merely marketing, business, and of course the hearts, brains, and souls of the world (speaking figuratively of course). You seek to kill people, and to defy us just to defy us. Without us, you have no purpose.
Again with the killing. >->

Yeah, was Threed great or what=??? I love that place. But yeah, you gotta level grind a lot.
The entire game has been great thus far. The music from the start screen and onward had me listening contently (I think Nobuo did this? If so, that makes sense). And the moment I talked to the policemen blocking off the road at the very start and laughed I had a feeling this would be a funny game with a lot of personality.

And yeah, Threed was pretty great. Creepy music, creepy enemies, bringing Jeff all the way there, fighting the tent, then ending up in Saturn Valley (where there is a part where you have to walk away from the game for three minutes :laugh: ), etc. And people generally say Mother 3 is even more awesome, so that's exciting.

No, it's because you seek power. We at THE MEN OF MOONKNIGHT SEEK JUSTICE!!!
Gettin' real tired of your propaganda Moonknights!!! There'd be no point in getting power. I'd be like a dog chasing a car, I don't know what I'd do with it if I caught it.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well, that was underwhelming.
Yep. Too many generic shooters and/or shooters that are multi-console. Whatever happened to RPG's, Westerners, open world games, action games, MMO's, platformers, puzzle games, fighting games (no, Killer Instinct is an abomination), etc=???
Sunset On Rails Shooter looked kinda cool though.
No it doesn't. It looks like a bad mix of TF2, L4D2, Mirror's Edge, etc.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
So... if the X1 didn't have any of it's controversial features would this presentation have appealed to you more? Do you think your impression of the games might have been a bit more favorable?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So... if the X1 didn't have any of it's controversial features would this presentation have appealed to you more? Do you think your impression of the games might have been a bit more favorable?
Games that interested me:
Killer Instinct, Spark (Though probably wouldn't get), the witcher 3 (Though I've never played the series before), Halo (Though I didn't get the last Halo)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It still would've underwhelmed me, but I would've considered getting an X1 down the line when there were more games that interested me and the price dropped. Now... not so much. :ohwell:
Not all the X1 exclusive games they showed look bad... just fairly typical an unexciting. For the most part, and imo. Mostly watched for Rare tbh.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Man, Insomniac Games went from making incredible Spryro games to revolutionary Ratchet & Clank games to mediocre Ratchet & Clank games to this. That's sad. They might be the next Rare in terms of going from great to awful.
Didn't see that one coming
What, making fun of a bad game because you like bad games=??? :troll:

But truth be told, video games are generally just the same thing done in different ways, so Mega Man is no different from Mario, Donkey Kong, Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, Star Fox, Pokémon (it's been absolutely the same for over like 20 titles), racing games, Halo, Assassin's Creed, Prince of Persia, Call of Same old game repackaged, etc.

Once you play games for long enough, you realize that.
Well... At least we didn't see Banjo & Kazooie.
SELL IT!!! SELL IT!!! SELL IT!!!!!!

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Microsoft's technical issues demonstrate why Nintendo having an E3 Direct was never a big deal.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Project Spark looks like a lot of fun to me. The other games were just really pretty to me and that is it. Creating worlds and things >>>>>> shooting everything

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
No, you getting mad because I point out the truth and go for a "Well you like Krystal so THERE".

But it is true, the original Megaman series shows little to no innovation, and while it's a good series, it's stale as all hell.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

No. Most of the exciting titles are multi-platform and what exclusives they did show were not impressive, controversy or not. If the Sony manages to deliver a console that offers roughly the same experience for a cheaper price, why on earth would I go with Microsoft?

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
Matt Fraction = amazing writer, as is Michael Bendis. Will read this.

It's already out bro.

Avengers Vs. X-Men

But it is true, the original Megaman series shows little to no innovation, and while it's a good series, it's stale as all hell.
Somebody hasn't played battle network, or ZX, or legends

that's like saying super mario world is the same game as super mario galaxy is the same game as super paper mario

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Project Spark looks like a lot of fun to me. The other games were just really pretty to me and that is it. Creating worlds and things >>>>>> shooting everything
Well, the witcher trailer had a topless chick, even if it was probably a mermaid.

Got to be somewhere high on the list

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
No, you getting mad because I point out the truth and go for a "Well you like Krystal so THERE".

No, I used it to grab your attention. You make it sound like Mega Man is the only series that doesn't do that, so I went straight for the hear to make a statement.

Mega Man has shown innovation, from Mega Man 2 and 3's evolution gameplay, to Mega Man X 1-3's high action, high spaced paced, Zero's incredible challenge, Battle Network's unique take on RPG's, Legends helping push the third person targeting system and 3D games, etc. While there is tons of rehashing, and often times it is dreadful, the quality of the games have been great, which is ultimately what we play games for. I mean, it's not like platformers can do tons of things that have never been done before.

Basically, Mega Man has shown greater innovation than Nintendo franchises like Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Kirby, Star Fox, Pokémon, F-Zero, Fire Emblem, etc.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Still would have been underwhelming for me for the most part. None of games were really must buy or system sellers. Most were just generic shooters that Microsoft consoles are already full of, and the rest of the games don't impress at all/need to hear more info or see more gameplay about.

Without the features I probably would have treated this as another regular Microsoft console which have never really interested me. May one day pick up a used system (if that's even allowed) for cheap, but probably not.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Megaman's problem is it had too much innovation where it was not needed, and too little in the areas it did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom