• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Oh look it's LBP: Voice edition...
thanks kinect..
It looks interesting though

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Project Spark looks interesting, but it's only showing off small stuff. It needs more things to do... like full on cities, and full on wars. Then, it would be beautiful! :shades:

But all this goblin war stuff is kinda embarrassing, as is this "Rock Mech."
You know, I just noticed. Diddy Kong Racing DS didn't have Banjo or Conker, obviously. But then... What about Tiptup? Why didn't Microsoft take him out? He was in both of the N64 Banjo-Kazooie games. :/
Because he wasn't a Rare IP character who wasn't related moreso to the Donkey Kong IP than a Rare-made IP.
Killer Instinct did not actually look all that impressive. Sorry guys. I know the nostalgia is there but that does not excuse how rough that gameplay looked.
I said it looked like a bad Mortal Kombat clone.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've got my volume off because I'm at school.

I agree it looks interesting at least (Project Spark)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently RARE isn't the one working on Killer Instinct 3. That is interesting

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
This is a really bad showing for Microsoft. Their exclusive games are not that impressive with what little news they've given, and the games that have amazed me are multiplatform titles that could just as easily been shown off by Sony and I'd have been equally impressed.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
That Killer Instinct gameplay was God awful. It made me hate life, and I never feel that way.

WHY GOD!?!? WHY!?!? WHY!?!? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!?!?!?!?
Apparently RARE isn't the one working on Killer Instinct 3. That is interesting
Rare is dead man... that or they're working on a game for that dog that wants to be a bear again...

Edit: Can we just stop with this awful showing. It's getting worse and worse. Who the hell cares about easy mode=??? The Twitch thing is nice, but c'mon... they'll limit that, and I'm sure Nintendo and Sony will have something like that very soon.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
That Killer Instinct gameplay was God awful. It made me hate life, and I never feel that way.

WHY GOD!?!? WHY!?!? WHY!?!? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!?!?!?!?

Rare is dead man... that or they're working on a game for that dog that wants to be a bear again...

Rare isn't dead, they all left. Christopher Seavor (who made Conker) has 3 WiiU dev kits. Everyone with half a brain left at Rare is gone.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Believe it or not, Microsoft's services for the XboxOne are the most impressive part of this presentation. Apparently no one told Microsoft Twitch is only useful if there are games worth playing and watching.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
100 friends=??? You mean 85 people I avoid=???
Fulgore doesn't deserve this......
Microsoft deserves that beating instead for destroying their console, and for keeping their stupid anti-gamer things.

"multiplayer with your console" is a gold benefit. Dude, IT'S FREE ON EVERY OTHER MOTHER F***ING CONSOLE!!!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Another dragon game by Capcom=??? UGH, SHOW MEGA MAN BEACHES!!!
Rare isn't dead, they all left. Christopher Seavor (who made Conker) has 3 WiiU dev kits. Everyone with half a brain left at Rare is gone.
Rare is dead because Microsoft went full on dictator and either kicked out all the good people or they all wisely left... and hopefully they return to Nintendo or go make some 3rd parties that make some epic stuff like the good ole' days!!!
They ruined my favorite KI character, Sabrewulf. He looks soooooo awful now.

Smooth Criminal
They ruined Killer Instincts, PERIOD!!!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Killer Instinct was the game that came bundled with my SNES

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
NO! NOW RESIDENT EVIL 7... or something that looks like it!!! GO AWAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want a survival horror or Resident Evil 4-esk Resident Evil again, not some awfully designed crap again...
That Project Spark guy kept saying Rock Man. Mocking us knowing Capcom won't deliver dat Mega Man.
LMAO!!! All Capcom is giving us is some bad Resident Evil/Dead Rising crossover.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well, that answers the question of what was Capcom's surprise game.

Youtroid

Smash Cadet
Hi, I introduced myself over in the introductions thread, but I figured I'd do a short one here too.
I was a member several years ago, lost my account, I've been lurking for about a year and a half now. I'm one of the many that is very excited for Sm4sh, and I figured I'd start posting before the influx of the trailer.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Another dragon game by Capcom=??? UGH, SHOW MEGA MAN BEACHES!!!

Rare is dead because Microsoft went full on dictator and either kicked out all the good people or they all wisely left... and hopefully they return to Nintendo or go make some 3rd parties that make some epic stuff like the good ole' days!!!

They ruined Killer Instincts, PERIOD!!!

Then keep an eye out for Christopher Seavor's endeavors.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
Dead Rising 3 in a nutshell -

- Not a mall

- "Oh crap"

- "Oh man"

- "Oh thank god"

- NOT DEAD RISING

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well, that answers the question of what was Capcom's surprise game.
Another zombie game
"Surprise... MORE ZOMBIES GAMES YOU'LL HATE!!!"
Seriously, this looks like the worst of Resident Evil 5 and 6 combined with the worst parts of Dead Rising 2, especially with that annoying main character with a (IMO) bad voice actor (say something other than stuff like "OH GOD!" "OH CRAP!" "OH MAN!").

The only way this could get worth is if the Xbox One got the Super Saiyan 5 Red Ring of Death.
Then keep an eye out for Christopher Seavor's endeavors.
I will, because I am the CHAMP!!!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
KI looks meh. I guess at least they aren't ruining Banjo again atm, so there's that.

I don't think it'll be bad... but it's hardly reason to buy something as flawed as the Xbone.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Those who participate in conquest are not participating in a legal action. It is called conquest because you are conquering something that is there. In addition you will need to destroy the dreams of others to make your own come true. It is to see yourself as just when you have painted yourself as an ideal allowed to destroy what is in place to settle in its ashes as your nest.
Our conquering is merely marketing, business, and of course the hearts, brains, and souls of the world (speaking figuratively of course). You seek to kill people, and to defy us just to defy us. Without us, you have no purpose.
Ah an Earthbound reference I can now understand! :laugh: I'm three melodies into the game thus far, its taking a bit more time than anticipated because I actually have to level up quite a bit, if I don't, I will die a LOT.
Yeah, was Threed great or what=??? I love that place. But yeah, you gotta level grind a lot.
There's another thing that needs to be said: WE ALL CAN'T BE MOONKNIGHTS! Why? Because the conflict between us would be nonexistent, there'd be nothing of interest to discuss.
No, it's because you seek power. We at THE MEN OF MOONKNIGHT SEEK JUSTICE!!!
And at this point what we're talking about probably won't even come into play with the story. :laugh:
I can make allies out of the worst enemies. Of course, who says you're the only enemy I could turn into an ally=???

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I thought the Dead Rising series was supposed to be a whimsical take on the survival zombie genre? I didn't see any whimsy. Equally sad when DR3 is more survival horror than Resident Evil. Impressive that it's an exclusive though.
Hi, I introduced myself over in the introductions thread, but I figured I'd do a short one here too.

I was a member several years ago, lost my account, I've been lurking for about a year and a half now. I'm one of the many that is very excited for Sm4sh, and I figured I'd start posting before the influx of the trailer.
Welcome. Don't be offended if I forget when the inevitable flood of new and dormant posters arrive.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I had my volume off, but that was Dead Rising 3?

It didn't look anything like the dead rising series. That's strange.

It's so much different they should have just called it something else

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
So many zombie games.

I liked The Walking Dead, but that's about it.
There's been some more good zombie games (not Resident Evil anymore), but yeah, The Walking Dead was an amazing experience. These zombie games IMO are too linear. They need to be like a giant sandbox with unlimited time, a "create-your-own-story" setting, more survival horror (like making the game first person or over the shoulder third-person where you have a limited perspective), and whatnot. It should also be way more creepy, and way more hard to survive, to where you have to sneak around most of the time.

I swear, if I was a game developer, I could make a zombie game to put nearly all of these zombie game to shame.

Also, welcome. Sorry about the cold entrance, but we're watching the E3 Xbox failure #1 console conference.
KI looks meh. I guess at least they aren't ruining Banjo again atm, so there's that.

I don't think it'll be bad... but it's hardly reason to buy something as flawed as the Xbone.
The new fake Rare will find a way to destroy Banjo... again...

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
Dead Rising - A game where you're stuck in a mall with no military support.

BETTER CALL FOR AN ARTILLERY STRIKE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE CITY.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Watching the Microsoft E3 presentation?

I'd rather play my Animal Crossing.

Status
Not open for further replies.