• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I remember Wizzrobe from the pre-Brawl days too, lol.

I wonder which one of you guys will be good at the next smash bros games, lol.
It's not gonna be Kuma though. :p
You'll eat those words, just you wait.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I remember Wizzrobe from the pre-Brawl days too, lol.

I wonder which one of you guys will be good at the next smash bros games, lol.
It's not gonna be Kuma though. :p
I used to direct online tournaments here back in 2008/2009 and it weirds me out how a number of the regulars in my tournaments have gone on to become some of the best Smash players in the US.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I used to direct online tournaments here back in 2008/2009 and it weirds me out how a number of the regulars in my tournaments have gone on to become some of the best Smash players in the US.
I used to play online every week with like a dozen people who became (at some point) one of the top ten highest ranked Falco and especially Wario players at the world. I swear to God I was like a top ten Wario player breeding machine. At one point 6 of the SWF top ten Wario players were guys I used to spar with online, and one of them was a tournament regular I used to practice with at live tournaments here in NorCal, who in one tournament actually beat Tyrant! :eek: I literally faced 7 of the top 10 Wario's at one point on a regular basis! :laugh:

BTW, I still gotta hate my bro EternalPhoenixFire from elminating me from the SmashBoards Brawl tourney in 2008. Freaking I beat one of the Smash twins (either t1mmy or t0mmy), my friend who lived a few streets down from my house (in an online, North American tournament with over 1,000 entrants no less!), and then I get beat by one of the my best friends on SmashBoards in the round of 32 (or was it 64). :laugh: Ah well, at least he lost to that campy R.O.B. who won the things, so I lost to the guy who lost to the guy who won the tournament! :chuckle:
gooby, pls.

I'll be a late bloomer and beat all of you in Smash 4.

Smooth Criminal
I'll be the late bloomer. My knowledge of smash will give my foes a rash, whenever we may clash, and if they dare dash, while I'll throw them in THE TRASH!!!
You'll eat those words, just you wait.
Make me. No, I mean it. ;)

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Oh wow, that MGSV trailer. I didn't think there would be an obvious graphic discrepancy between the Wii U and XboxOne but Microsoft just killed that assumption.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Random thought: you know something I've always wondered about? Why has Nintendo never released licensed Smash Bros plushies? I don't think they realize how much of a killing they'd make if they released the whole cast in stuffed form or how many more people would join Club Nintendo if they offered them as rewards.
You don't understand the incredibly high amount of things they could put on there that would sell ridiculously well. It is clearly something they don't intend to put much into at all.

Yes, lock me up and put me in jail for no crime. That sounds like a great justice move, while Mary Sue gets off scotch free for jaywalking.
Those who participate in conquest are not participating in a legal action. It is called conquest because you are conquering something that is there. In addition you will need to destroy the dreams of others to make your own come true. It is to see yourself as just when you have painted yourself as an ideal allowed to destroy what is in place to settle in its ashes as your nest.

First off, Team Plasma sucked, and everyone knows it.
Hence the analogy. :awesome:

Third off, you're like the Happy Blue Blue Cult... worshiping the color blue heels and willing to cut off people's heads and suck their blood until they die if they dislike heels.
Ah an Earthbound reference I can now understand! :laugh: I'm three melodies into the game thus far, its taking a bit more time than anticipated because I actually have to level up quite a bit, if I don't, I will die a LOT.

You want the power to destroy us... because you are jealous of us! Not because we're criminals (we're not). I get that. But why destroy us in the first place=???
There's another thing that needs to be said: WE ALL CAN'T BE MOONKNIGHTS! Why? Because the conflict between us would be nonexistent, there'd be nothing of interest to discuss.

And at this point what we're talking about probably won't even come into play with the story. :laugh:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, maybe they wanted to compete against nintendo's Tanks! Tanks! Tanks! game

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I didn't know Saving private Ryan was about the romans

Edit: I also didn't know Romans could pull infinite spears from their asses

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Ryhmes I think it's called looks like your standard "Press A to win" game... just like Assassin's Creed has become! :awesome:
Oh wow, that MGSV trailer. I didn't think there would be an obvious graphic discrepancy between the Wii U and XboxOne but Microsoft just killed that assumption.
I think the Xbox One is gonna cost like $600 at least, if not $700. Plus I think the Xbox One will be more expensive than the PS4.

Also, that looked like cinematics mostly.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm just going to say this: I cannot stand games that try to be movies. There is nothing wrong with trying to convey a story, but this QTE/scenario driven gameplay really gets under my skin.
I think the Xbox One is gonna cost like $600 at least, if not $700. Plus I think the Xbox One will be more expensive than the PS4.

Also, that looked like cinematics mostly.
It's not going to cost nearly that much. And the first half of the Phantom Pain trailer was in engine. Yeah.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'm just going to say this: I cannot stand games that try to be movies. There is nothing wrong with trying to convey a story, but this QTE/scenario driven gameplay really gets under my skin.
I don't mind that, but the "Press A to win" mechanic is freaking stupid. Doing epic stuff in battle is supposed to be hard as hell, not as easy as one mere button input. They should have looked at the Batman: Arkham series for inspiration, not try to be some terrible wanna-be Assassin's Creed game.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That's all we get to see of it?

Yet their little QTE game got like 10 minutes

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I haven't seen it, but I get the feeling KI won't be up to par with the big leagues.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Only thing interesting so far is Killer Instinct 3.

Which was only shown for a couple seconds

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Forza looks good, per usual.

Also, lol at Phil Harris saying how pro-independent developers Microsoft is after shutting them out of publishing games! :laugh:

Minecraft is not made by a mere "independent studio" anymore; they are a major studio now. Showing it does nothing! :facepalm:
with a squeeze of mirror's edge
And some generic graphics copied from it, too.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Look at those XBOX one graphics. I can see the pixels!!!

(Minecraft joke)

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
You know, I just noticed. Diddy Kong Racing DS didn't have Banjo or Conker, obviously. But then... What about Tiptup? Why didn't Microsoft take him out? He was in both of the N64 Banjo-Kazooie games. :/

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You know, I just noticed. Diddy Kong Racing DS didn't have Banjo or Conker, obviously. But then... What about Tiptup? Why didn't Microsoft take him out? He was in both of the N64 Banjo-Kazooie games. :/
Because they knew Tiptup was my character

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Killer Instinct did not actually look all that impressive. Sorry guys. I know the nostalgia is there but that does not excuse how rough that gameplay looked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom