• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
I like how comments have these symbols posted all around the EA conference

卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
To be fair, I don't think having a large history with Nintendo means much since after all.. Snake, but having characters known for the Nintendo releases does appeal to me. Layton having a "fighting without fighting" play style along with him being practically synonymous with Nintendo is what makes me interested in his inclusion.
That picture was taken during a very important event for Nintendo. That's all I'm pointing out.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I just turned on EA's E3 Presentation, and all the people in the computers and smoke scared the hell out of me. It looked like a freaking cult meeting, which I imagine what working at E3 is really like.
Yeah... Mr. YOLO
You Only Get Shot And Killed Once (YOG-SAKO).

Or, for Krillin in the many Dragon Ball franchises, You Only Live Five Times (YO-LFT)

D

Deleted member

That picture was taken during a very important event for Nintendo. That's all I'm pointing out.
Oh okay. Either way, Layton would fit in really well with the rest of the cast and it'd be hilarious to see a gentlemen kicking Ridley's tail.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
If Sakurai didn't think Animal Crossing characters would fit in a fighting game, do you think he would be compelled to put in Layton? Although opinions do change.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Battlefield 4 looks impressive, although I shouldn't be surprised, since Battlefield 3 is impressive.

Also, about time EA announce Mirror's Edge 2. We knew it was coming sooner or later.

And at least they're making Star Wars Battlefront III, but it better not be sucked to death.

D

Deleted member

If Sakurai didn't think Animal Crossing characters would fit in a fighting game, do you think he would be compelled to put in Layton? Although opinions do change.
Well Layton has been more involved in combat in his recent games, so that should hopefully make it less of an issue.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

Well I think the thing with Animal crossing was that Sakurai thought the character as well as the series as a whole was too peaceful so it may misrepresent the series... or something along those lines, I forgot the quote.

Layton although is quite the classy gentleman. He does fight when he needs to and the games can get quite violent when they need to as well where in a number of occasions sword fights happen, robots/giant machines attack or even gun's getting shot. Nothing too graphically violent though.

So long as Layton has shown to be able to hold his own in terms of combat, that should be more than fine for Sakurai. I still wouldn't mind seeing an animal crossing character making it playable though.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Microsoft: D
Halo 5 was literally nothing, most of the solid games weren't exclusives, and only 2 exclusives had me interested, one of which didn't have functioning audio.

EA: B (Without Drake this would be an A-)
At least they finally confirmed Star Wars Battlefront III, Battlefield 4 looks amazing, Mirrors' Edge 2 looked good, and overall it was a nice presentation.
This made me laugh so hard

Needs some fireworks/explosions all around him in order to be completely epic.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Whatever the other 3rd parties, I still hope to see Lloyd Irving or Cless Alvein in Smash (as unprobable they seem)... But Megaman and Layton all the way.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
For 3rd parties I'd say the likely possibilities are

Snake
Sonic
Mega Man
Pac-Man
Tales Character
Tekken Character
Bayo
Prof. Layton

I'd also say an Atlus character, but that's just me

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Feeling hyped? Try listening to this:

Maybe I'll be posting fast-paced, hype-tastic music as the moment of truth draws near.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I say Kyrie Irving brings back up to a B
I would say it falls in the B to B- range:
+ Mirror's Edge Sequel/Prequel
+ Starwars Battlefront
+ Battlefield 4 looks impressive. (Eat your heart out CoD)
+ Messi/Irving
- Where the hell is the new Mass Effect game they were hyping up?
- Drake
Yeah i'm even swaying towards B+ to B range for EA.

Next up Ubisoft! (Things should start getting progressively better from here on out)

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I told you lot this thread would have 415+ pages before June 11th....

Atleast you lot are not chatting complete crap... :)

Cant wait to see Ridley tomorrow.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Phew, just spent a long time making a flag for my town Onett that says lightly up top "WE ARE" and then below shows this.

Also got a yellow Pikmin hat from my fortune cookie today. :laugh: Oh my god I love this game haha.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
Phew, just spent a long time making a flag for my town Onett that says lightly up top "WE ARE" and then below shows this.

Also got a yellow Pikmin hat from my fortune cookie today. :laugh: Oh my god I love this game haha.

The city of Onett, home of the fighting Earthbounds

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It's 11th June already here. :p

Having the trailer at 7:30 pm gives me a lot of free time to watch.

Volodya

Smash Apprentice
MAN Y'ALL HATING ON MY BOY DRAKE

Okay, he's not really my boy, but he really didn't do anything besides promote FIFA. Y'all got some prejudice.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
It's 11th June already here. :p

Having the trailer at 7:30 pm gives me a lot of free time to watch.

It's about 22:20 PM here. Maybe I should go to bed now, then a huge chunk of time would be gone. Then all I have left is College until 2:15 PM and then rush home for Nintendo Direct. :bee:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
It's about 22:20 PM here. Maybe I should go to bed now, then a huge chunk of time would be gone. Then all I have left is College until 2:15 PM and rush home for Nintendo Direct. :bee:
UK and Portugal share the same timezone, so it's the same time here. :p

I won't be able to watch the Direct until after 4:30 PM, though. :c

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
UK and Portugal share the same timezone, so it's the same time here. :p

I won't be able to watch the Direct until after 4:30 PM, though. :c
Oh, I see.

Nintendo Direct starts at 3 PM here so I've only got 45 minutes to get home. Please buses don't fail me tomorrow. :c

Yeah I guess I'd better go to bed then, Good night guys. See you tomorrow on the Hype Train. :colorful:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I would say it falls in the B to B- range:
+ Mirror's Edge Sequel/Prequel
+ Starwars Battlefront
+ Battlefield 4 looks impressive. (Eat your heart out CoD)
+ Messi/Irving
- Where the hell is the new Mass Effect game they were hyping up?
- Drake
Yeah i'm even swaying towards B+ to B range for EA.

Next up Ubisoft! (Things should start getting progressively better from here on out)
-Mirror's Edge look good.
-Battlefront III was literally just 13 seconds worth of CGI.
-Battlefront 4 is the definitive FPS franchise, because it's PC-based. That's right, to heck with most console shooters! :grrr:
-Messi/Irving.... I didn't catch that part. Was Messi there=??? I only saw the UFC part, and as a MMA fan, that was embarrassing, especially with the Bellator ads in the background (Bellator is the #2 MMA promotion while the UFC is the #1, and they are something of rivals, lol!).

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
-Mirror's Edge look good.
-Battlefront III was literally just 13 seconds worth of CGI.
-Battlefront 4 is the definitive FPS franchise, because it's PC-based. That's right, to heck with most console shooters! :grrr:
-Messi/Irving.... I didn't catch that part. Was Messi there=??? I only saw the UFC part, and as a MMA fan, that was embarrassing, especially with the Bellator ads in the background (Bellator is the #2 MMA promotion while the UFC is the #1, and they are something of rivals, lol!).
Battlefront really was like 10 secs :laugh: Glad they are making it though.
Messi wasn't there but they should a couple dudes from Barcelona via video.

Can't wait to see Beyond Good & Evil in 30min!
Smash your coming up soon!

D

Deleted member

It's currently 4:30 PM CST in here, which makes the wait suck even more knowing that the Direct is TOMORROW.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Hoooo man that Battlefield 4 screw job was painful!!!! RealTalk though N-Direct = no mess up's
Yo everyone thumbs up errrr like this if you think Nintendo are gonna put everyone in there place this E3

Pikmin 3
MARIO KART U
WIND WAKER HD
SMASH BROWSSSSSSS 44444444
METROID U (please retro..pleaseeee)
3D MARIO
Pokemon X & Y
Monster Hunter 4 maybe?
Fire emblem X shinami yo fluu fluu
Wonderful 101

And boyyyy im sure im still missing some!!!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Battlefront really was like 10 secs :laugh: Glad they are making it though.
Messi wasn't there but they should a couple dudes from Barcelona via video.

Can't wait to see Beyond Good & Evil in 30min!
Smash your coming up soon!
Battlefront III was short, but at least we got a confirmation, even if the video is worthless. Hopefully we get some Episode VII stuff in it! :awesome:

And thanks for that clearing it up!!!

And yeah, Ubisoft is usually great at E3 and they've been on the rise the last 5 years (sans the ACIII letdown), so they'll probably knock it out of the park!!!

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Ima finish the last peice of chicken in the microwave drink 2 full glasses of coke watch EA's confrence (who cares if its a joke i still wanna watch it)
Smoke 5 cigerrets and wake up 2:30pm tomorrow.

Thr confrence is at 3:00pm London time tommorrow RealTalk :)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
YEAH, just finally ordered the External Hard Drive I wanted forever (2 TB for like $85).

Now I need to hack my Wii so I can have Project M on my other External Hard Drive, and hack the heck out of that game, put on a ton of stages via Stage Builder, and just wreck crap with that game!!! :shades:

I'll have so many songs, textures, and mods, on top of a possibility for endless stages... if I ever figure out how to do it! :teeth:

Volodya

Smash Apprentice
Ima finish the last peice of chicken in the microwave drink 2 full glasses of coke watch EA's confrence (who cares if its a joke i still wanna watch it)
Smoke 5 cigerrets and wake up 2:30pm tomorrow.

Thr confrence is at 3:00pm London time tommorrow RealTalk :)
I have a feeling you're going to get turnt up after all this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom