• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
maybe you should join my and Disfunk's joint mafia... well, when the social group comes back around.

there will be *`~aaaarrrrttttt~`*

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Also, does anyone know anything about Sakurai's alleged keynote speech at the 2012 CEDEC?

It's the one where he allegedly said that there would be "many new characters." I can't find any real source on that. Does anyone have anything beyond this link?

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/...os-4-regarding-new-characters-and-techniques/
All I've got is the Japanese article.

thanks, we won't make you mafia now
He wouldn't know what to do anyway. :smirk:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You know what I don't like about the 11th doctor?

To me, he sounds condescending. He's all smiles and laughs, but it's more like he views himself like a father and everyone else are nothing but children to him.

He even has this "baby speak" he says to people.

Edit: Maybe the reason there has been no Hedorah figure in the SH Monsterarts line is because he's from the Showa era, as opposed to the Heisei series. AND they haven't made a figure of a Heisei monster until just recently with 1964 Godzilla

For some bizarre reason I always thought Hedorah was from the Heisei series

The Showa era had most of the well known Godzilla monsters such as Anguiras, Megalon, introducing Mothra and King Ghidorah,

Last edited:

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207

I don't know if this has been discussed already, but THAT SPEAR IS BUGGING ME TO NO END!
^^^
I really hope I'm not forgetting something here, but NO character so far has a spear, so...
And it's clearly a spear, you can see the tip and the wrapping around it. Because of the height it's at, I'd usually say it's Bandana Dee, but I think it looks too 'realistic'.. like Brawl, if you will, for someone like Waddle Dee who would be chilling with the cartoony, somewhat simple Kirby and Dedede.
I hope this isn't another Ganondorf Energy Ball fiasco for the 2 of you who remember.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
And we don't need MORE crap about possible character/AT reveals in screenshots.

I swear, Zelda's holding the Triforce of Discord.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yeah if you're talking about the thing behind Zelda on the left that's her hair.
This! When you look closely, you can see the hair leading down past her arms to where the "spear" is at... so, yeah, I can see why some people could mistake that for a spear.

By the way, Waddle Dee's spear has a red bandanna tied to it... I don't see a red bandanna anywhere on the picture, do you?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
It's definitely Zelda's hear. Besides, Zelda never used a spear in any game, iirc.

The only Zelda character that should be wielding a polearm is Ganondorf.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I personally don't see the hair connection (It looks too long compared to the other braids and the wrapping is different) but meh. Sorry for the unnecessary excitement.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I personally don't see the hair connection (It looks too long compared to the other braids and the wrapping is different) but meh. Sorry for the unnecessary excitement.
Well it is different in length and wrapping than the side braids, but it's her hair, the wrapping on her ponytail braid is the same.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Well it is different in length and wrapping than the side braids, but it's her hair, the wrapping on her ponytail braid is the same.

That comparison to the Official Art just cleared everything up.
Thanks! I feel stupid now. :psycho:

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
FUN FACT:
all the charcter updates have been ordered so that when placed below the daily picture, they're asthetically pleasing with new character updates. IE returning characters come in multiples of 3 before they'll announce a new character who's banner takes the place of 3 returning characters.*

===== HENCE, either the next character update is a new character, or it will be after 3 more returning characters, or very unlikely, after 6 more from now =====

also. here's the gap of days in between character updates if anyone wants to know

peach -sep 12
-13 days
TLink -sep 26
-5 days
sonic- oct 1
-37 days
marth -nov 7
-41 days
NEW rosalina -dec 18
-8 days
zelda -dec 26
-14 days
dedede -jan 9

with the exception of marth, returning characters have had much less time in between their updates (< 15 days) than a new character (only rosalina atm) has had after a returning character announcement.

it should be noted that sakurai both prepared a video to show off rosalina before she was introduced (requiring some work for sure) and that he timed the announcement with the prominent december nintendo direct presentation. Both of these were likely influences on the time to announce a new character

*(the bottom of the page has 2 returning characters, simply because there wasnt a multiple of 3 returning characters announced along with the initial new 3)

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Technically, the Character Discussion Thread is to discuss soley characters, the MiiVerse thread is to discuss aspects of the Pic of the Day, and this thread is to discuss aspects of the Wii U version such as stages and items as well as characters.

But naturally **** happens and the threads spill into each other. It's not surprising that what you find in one thread is most likely happening in the other. Combining them together would just spell disaster for mankind.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm gonna repost my Phantom Knight theory over here for you guys to see. This is under the assumption that it's her new Down B.

Using Down B, Zelda summons a Phantom Knight to her side. Doing Down B again and holding B will allow the Phantom Knight to move. Like possibly Luma with Rosalina, you may be able to keep Zelda stationary by using the down-forward and down-back inputs so the Phantom Knight can move on its own. By releasing B, we have Smash's first ever instance of Negative Edge. Zelda will order the Phantom Knight to strike.

The above theory would explain why Zelda does that same pose in one screenshot with it and without it in another - the Phantom Knight is simply off screen. Meanwhile, the AT summoning pose and this one are very different in body position. While it is possible that the pose may have been redone. Nothing necessarily suggests one way or the other.

As for an additional theory, Din's Fire has been revamped to where the fireball (or possibly more) do not explode automatically. Rather, you set it/them and trigger their explosion using her side taunt which just so happens to feature a fireball in her hands.

These two theories would allow Zelda to have that much needed zoning capability she has been so desperately needs with some influences from Carl Clover and Mu-12 of BlazBlue fame - because Rosalina is totally a Smash version of Guilty Gear's Eddie.

Holy Shinto! What if Zelda's Jojo pose is her controlling the Phantom Knight?! Look at the pose and then then the pose with the PN striking:

Judging by the pictures, it would be easy for Zelda to transition from those two poses seamlessly.

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna repost my Phantom Knight theory over here for you guys to see. This is under the assumption that it's her new Down B.

Using Down B, Zelda summons a Phantom Knight to her side. Doing Down B again and holding B will allow the Phantom Knight to move. Like possibly Luma with Rosalina, you may be able to keep Zelda stationary by using the down-forward and down-back inputs so the Phantom Knight can move on its own. By releasing B, we have Smash's first ever instance of Negative Edge. Zelda will order the Phantom Knight to strike.

The above theory would explain why Zelda does that same pose in one screenshot with it and without it in another - the Phantom Knight is simply off screen. Meanwhile, the AT summoning pose and this one are very different in body position. While it is possible that the pose may have been redone. Nothing necessarily suggests one way or the other.

As for an additional theory, Din's Fire has been revamped to where the fireball (or possibly more) do not explode automatically. Rather, you set it/them and trigger their explosion using her side taunt which just so happens to feature a fireball in her hands.

These two theories would allow Zelda to have that much needed zoning capability she has been so desperately needs with some influences from Carl Clover and Mu-12 of BlazBlue fame - because Rosalina is totally a Smash version of Guilty Gear's Eddie.

Holy Shinto! What if Zelda's Jojo pose is her controlling the Phantom Knight?! Look at the pose and then then the pose with the PN striking:

Judging by the pictures, it would be easy for Zelda to transition from those two poses seamlessly.

I really like this theory. Zelda has always been overshadowed by the superior Shiek and making her more of her own character with some unique new tools and zoning capabilities could be just what Zelda needs to really be a threat. If they do go this route, hopefully Shiek either becomes her own character as well or is replaced by a similar type of character (Impa or what have you), to keep people that like her playstyle happy too.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I'm going to stop visiting the Roster Prediction Thread from now on, it's getting too chaotic even for my tastes. Not to mention there isn't anything to discuss.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm certain he's an AT
Like I said, it's only a theory under the assumption it's a new move. Instead of trying to debate it's an AT or not, I'm trying to look for what would make the PN a possible move. We've seen several comparisons to support the AT theory and those are very iffy. There aren't many that are trying to support the new move theory.

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman
I in general have questioned the assist trophy theory for a couple of reasons. First off, the way it was presented feels off to me. The point of each character page is to really highlight the character shown and give them the center stage. This pic is odd simply because, as many have stated, she is in the exact same pose as another picture (Link and Peach on galaxy stage.) Kind of a waste to have two pics of her doing the same exact pose imo. Not only this, but if that really is an assist trophy it takes the spotlight away from Zelda in her own picture and gives it to the phantom. On the other hand, every other assist trophy (starfy, skull kid, and nintendog) have had their own pics of the day and Sakurai, to avoid confusion or false hope, has made it very clear that they are assist trophies. We got nothing on this picture other than our own speculation. I can see why Sakurai would want to seperate the two characters anyway. The transformation gimmick feels more or less pointless for the most part. Nine times out of ten you will have a Zelda main or a Shiek main period. There are a few exceptions of course, but generally speaking people stick with one or the other. I feel like Pokemon Trainer's gimmicks (fatigue, forced switching upon KO, etc.) may be simply to avoid pure Squirtle, Ivysaur, or Charizard mains which would have inevitably happened just like with Zelda/Shiek. Not saying it isn't an assist trophy, but I really feel like we shouldn't count our chickens before they hatch.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
It would both awesome yet trollish that if Sakurai had Ridley in every screenshot that didn't showcase four visible characters.

Just taking delight in knowing something we don't know. It would be like spitting in someones sandwich and watching them eat in...less disgusting though.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
We can like posts in PMs now.

Neat!

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
It would both awesome yet trollish that if Sakurai had Ridley in every screenshot that didn't showcase four visible characters.

Just taking delight in knowing something we don't know. It would be like spitting in someones sandwich and watching them eat in...less disgusting though.
Only if after Ridley is revealed he releases zoomed out versions of all the pictures that show Ridley doing random wacky antics in the background, all with a caption that just says *laughs*.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom