• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not saying that Rosalina will replace the Ice Climbers or anything but at this point, I really don't care if the Ice Climber are removed. I'm not saying that I want them out. I'm just indifferent now like with how I feel towards Sheik.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Not saying that Rosalina will replace the Ice Climbers or anything but at this point, I really don't care if the Ice Climber are removed. I'm not saying that I want them out. I'm just indifferent now like with how I feel towards Sheik.
I don't understand this reasoning. Rosalina & Ice Climbers work NOTHING alike...

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Am I the only one who finds it ironic that the person with a Frozen avatar and sig is indifferent to the ice climbers? :p

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Like I said, I'm not saying that she'll replace them. I'm saying that if the Ice Climber's are removed flat out not because of Rosalina.
Unless this is Sakurai's official reason.

But to be honest, I'm pretty sure they're coming back now more than ever. If it's so easy to program Rosalina and Luma, who probably require a lot more, well... maybe they're going to announce them to show off NES Remix, since Ice Climber is a game in it?

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Look up Eddie from Guilty Gear. I think she will play very similar to him.
I play Guilty Gear and I'm not seeing the similarity between Rosalina/Luma and Zato-1/Eddy. Rosalina and Luma are two separate characters that can be positioned separately but attack simultaneously. Zato-1 and Eddie essential function as a single character with bat**** crazy hitboxes. Some of his attacks make them look like they're separate but the position of Eddies attacks is dependent on Zato-1's position, he can't truly be set up separately. I guess you could kind of make a case for Summon Eddie but he's still more of an attack instead of a separate character because of how briefly he lasts and how limited his movements are, it's more like a really weird living projectile. He's more akin to say Jojo or Dio's stand from Jojo's bizarre Adventure whereas Luma's more like Devo's stand. I mean I guess I get what you're getting at but it seems pretty fundamentally different to me from a playstyle perspective.

Or maybe I'm just misunderstanding the fundamentals of Eddie's character. I very rarely play Eddie and neither do any of my friends. Though I have gotten my *** handed to me by Eddie players at arcades though. :p

Anything ice related has to be lead back to me, doesn't it?

Ah well
I just though it was funny. I have no idea if your apparent like of Frozen has anything to do with the fact that it has lots of ice.

Last edited:
I just though it was funny. I have no idea if you're apparent like of Frozen has anything to do with the fact that it has lots of ice.
Other than it being awesome and all, it definitely has nothing to do with the girl in my avatar and signature.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
It's like you we're expecting something intelligent from that site.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Yea...that's Fanman's post.

That's sad, mate. (If you are claiming that to be your post.)
Fanman? Never heard of him. (I'm assuming an older member, as I've never really went on Smashboards till Summer-Fall-ish)
Time to look around again... I'll find something! ...Someday!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
About Shulk, note his Japanese name: シュルク shuruku

It could be translated as Shulk, Shurk, Shuruku, Shuluku, Shulku, Shruku, etc... To avoid spelling all possible transliterations, note that each 'u' can be mute or as a 'u' and the 'r' could be either 'r' or 'l'. Anyway, the Japanese don't care, because it's シュルク for them.

This is, of course, to further highlight the sheer stupidity of that GameFAQs thread and the idea of sending Sakurai a petition to change the name of the character. Of course, I'm not expecting everyone to know Japanese, but I feel like rubbing salt in the wound. :evil:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
What the actual hell is going on in here right now? XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom