• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
About Shulk, note his Japanese name: シュルク shuruku

It could be translated as Shulk, Shurk, Shuruku, Shuluku, Shulku, Shruku, etc... To avoid spelling all possible transliterations, note that each 'u' can be mute or as a 'u' and the 'r' could be either 'r' or 'l'. Anyway, the Japanese don't care, because it's シュルク for them.

This is, of course, to further highlight the sheer stupidity of that GameFAQs thread and the idea of sending Sakurai a petition to change the name of the character. Of course, I'm not expecting everyone to know Japanese, but I feel like rubbing salt in the wound. :evil:
So I could call Shulk, Shuruku, and it would be proper? I am probably going to start doing that.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So I could call Shulk, Shuruku, and it would be proper?
Yes and no.

Shuruku is one possible transliteration, but the official name is Shulk nonetheless.

Seriously, if you start referring to Shulk as Shuruku, everyone would be confused or perhaps label you as a weeaboo. :p

...So basically, the internet as a whole? ¦D

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Huh, didn't know exactly what the Back Room was, actually. I feel silly for not realizing that it was an actual place on the forum. lol

Guess I'll have some fun lurking through it since that's possible at the moment. ¦3

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Huh, didn't know exactly what the Back Room was, actually. I feel silly for not realizing that it was an actual place on the forum. lol

Guess I'll have some fun lurking through it since that's possible at the moment. ¦3
It used to be hidden to normal members, but the admins changed that.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I swear I'll ban kill you if you leak anything.

Nah, I'm okay, but there may be some who aren't.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Eww...

I just learned the way the service in hotels clean your glasses is by wearing the same gloves they clean the toilet, putting them in your bathroom sink, and just spraying them with a (Toxic) cleaner, rinsing them out and putting them into the cupboard

That kills almost no bacteria and only makes the cup LOOK like it's clean

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Eww...

I just learned the way the service in hotels clean your glasses is by wearing the same gloves they clean the toilet, putting them in your bathroom sink, and just spraying them with a (Toxic) cleaner, rinsing them out and putting them into the cupboard

That kills almost no bacteria and only makes the cup LOOK like it's clean
Well, I'd say that depends on the hotel.

A good hotel with good management would avoid such a grave mistake.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, I'd say that depends on the hotel.

A good hotel with good management would avoid such a grave mistake.
You'd think that, but some of the hotels were pretty big hotels

captured on hidden camera

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

What kind of a devil do you think I am? Even I have my limits, even if they aren't very clear and obvious to anyone but myself.

Though, I will say...This place is a lot different than what I expected. You guys sure do get kind of personal and emotional here. It almost makes me think some of you are actually human.

Almost.

Still, it's nowhere near as bad as IsmaR made me think it was, that's for sure. *shrugs* I actually think I feel a little bad over losing the chance to be invited. Especially over something that was mainly a misunderstanding by majority of the lurkers.

Oh well, such is life. Nice to see so many people I recognize are in there, though.

Ah, but seriously, you guys should make it invisible to the public again in all honesty. It just doesn't seem right for it to be visible like this. I'm sure most of the members will feel uncomfortable about it, too. Then again, I guess that's why there's a poll for it right now.

Edit: Oh sweet! I can vote too! =D *votes for it to be invisible to the public*

Morbi

Scavenger
What kind of a devil do you think I am? Even I have my limits, even if they aren't very clear and obvious to anyone but myself.

Though, I will say...This place is a lot different than what I expected. You guys sure do get kind of personal and emotional here. It almost makes me think some of you are actually human.

Almost.

Still, it's nowhere near as bad as IsmaR made me think it was, that's for sure. *shrugs* I actually think I feel a little bad over losing the chance to be invited. Especially over something that was mainly a misunderstanding by majority of the lurkers.

Oh well, such is life. Nice to see so many people I recognize are in there, though.

Ah, but seriously, you guys should make it invisible to the public again in all honesty. It just doesn't seem right for it to be visible like this. I'm sure most of the members will feel uncomfortable about it, too. Then again, I guess that's why there's a poll for it right now.

Edit: Oh sweet! I can vote too! =D *votes for it to be invisible to the public*
That was inspiring. Not really though. :ohwell:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Yes. Pretty much. It is okay though. :rotfl:
No it isn't. It really isn't. XD;

But I'll deal with it. Better shut up and leave now before I get stoned and lynched for not trying to throw this thread into chaos like normal.

My "fun, silly and troll" modes just aren't activating today. Feeling too serious.

Morbi

Scavenger
No it isn't. It really isn't. XD;

But I'll deal with it. Better shut up and leave now before I get stoned and lynched for not trying to throw this thread into chaos like normal.

My "fun, silly and troll" modes just aren't activating today. Feeling too serious.
I prefer the "fun, silly and troll" Wave. I mean really, we have enough serious people here already.
*insert "why so serious" image*

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

We'll probably request for the default options to be changed so it can be changed at will to private but for now it's okay, we'll just have to deal with it.

I'll probably change the options so that non-members can request to join at their leisure rather than having a large member discussion over who to invite every month or so.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I prefer the "fun, silly and troll" Wave. I mean really, we have enough serious people here already.
*insert "why so serious" image*
Eh, most of my friends do, but that's because they've seen what I've done to people when I'm more serious.

That and I'm a terribly dry and boring when I talk seriously all of the time. Like there's no life or anything there. *shrugs* I've lost more friends and girlfriends by trying to be serious and gained more of them by being overly carefree. It gets tiring after awhile, though. Feels like nobody really knows what they want out of me.

That's why half the time, I just don't care and act however I feel like being in whatever area at the time. I might be carefree in one spot and serious in a different spot, both at the same time. I try to make it obvious as to which I'm being at the time, too. Hence why sometimes I use faces a lot, sometimes I only use them a little and other times I don't use them at all. It's all about context and reading between the lines, too.

But yeah, meh. Starting to forget the point I was trying to make, if there was one.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
We'll probably request for the default options to be changed so it can be changed at will to private but for now it's okay, we'll just have to deal with it.

I'll probably change the options so that non-members can request to join at their leisure rather than having a large member discussion over who to invite every month or so.
But then I can't request mega bidoof and DivineDiety anymore, among others that might actually see this

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Do you really want a ton of random people constantly sending in requests on a daily basis when they probably don't actually have any idea of what the group entitles and just want to join it cause it's a "cool kids club"?

Sounds like you're about to make more work for yourself than you need to. You should probably keep it as is.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Do you really want a ton of random people constantly sending in requests on a daily basis when they probably don't actually have any idea of what the group entitles and just want to join it cause it's a "cool kids club"?

Sounds like you're about to make more work for yourself than you need to. You should probably keep it as is.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
If it proves to be a problem then I will. But for now with the group not having any privacy, for the sake of keeping peace on the regular forums, it would be best to have it by request rather than invited members discussing who they get along with/don't.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
If it proves to be a problem then I will. But for now with the group not having any privacy, for the sake of keeping peace on the regular forums, it would be best to have it by request rather than invited members discussing who they get along with/don't.
But even if it is by request, exactly how will the decision itself be made? Won't it still need to be discussed among the most prominent of members? Or will it simply be according to their performance on the forums? And in that case, what of those fairly new to the forums? Should there possibly be a certain post count you need to have before you can request it? Or is that a little too much restriction?

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
But even if it is by request, exactly how will the decision itself be made? Won't it still need to be discussed among the most prominent of members? Or will it simply be according to their performance on the forums? And in that case, what of those fairly new to the forums? Should there possibly be a certain post count you need to have before you can request it? Or is that a little too much restriction?
There'll probably be a PM between myself, the mods, and possibly some other users for such discussion. That said it is a little early to start inviting new members when we're trying to get the group back together and figure out all the new options and restrictions. So while requests are now active, I probably won't get to them for a little while.

I can guarantee that I won't be making the final decision who is/isn't invited. The past few rounds of invites have been for people who I barely know and have been going off the opinions/suggestions of other members.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
There'll probably be a PM between myself, the mods, and possibly some other users for such discussion. That said it is a little early to start inviting new members when we're trying to get the group back together and figure out all the new options and restrictions. So while requests are now active, I probably won't get to them for a little while.

I can guarantee that I won't be making the final decision who is/isn't invited. The past few rounds of invites have been for people who I barely know and have been going off the opinions/suggestions of other members.
Doesn't sound too different from how it is now, but I guess it is a tad more organized. Well, as long as you've got a basic game plan for it, then things should probably turn out alright. You clearly do, so things should hopefully start off okay once you start at it. Hopefully, people won't get too impatient and start constantly PMing you about it.

Sorry for all the questions and pestering. Didn't mean to be a bother. I was just curious about how you planned to organize that and how it would be any different from how it currently is. I tend to inquiry about structure, plans and organization a lot due to past positions I've held in life in different places in the past and due to what I do when I'm not messing around on forums like a useless looney for break time.

With that said, good luck to you guys. Hope you manage to get everything stable and back to how it was before.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Tried referring this site to a friend today who said she wanted to go to a place to have a logical discussion of SSB. She said she thought it was a joke of a site and went back to having "logical" discussions on Facebook, because they're better there.

Who knew?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Tried referring this site to a friend today who said she wanted to go to a place to have a logical discussion of SSB. She said she thought it was a joke of a site and went back to having "logical" discussions on Facebook, because they're better there.

Who knew?
They have discussions on Facebook? Well, better there than Gamefaqs...
But what do they talk about?

Niko Mar

Smash Lord

Who knew?
That's pretty sad, people can be really logical here.

Maybe it's all the troll threads we make :troll:. You have to pass the time somehow, there's only so much you can talk about.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Maybe it's all the troll threads we make :troll:. You have to pass the time somehow, there's only so much you can talk about.
To be fair, we have our moments.
There's a reason why the joke "No Fox, no items, Final Destination" is very popular.

James92

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jgrim92

Who knew?
Logical discussions on Facebook? I didn't know those existed.:laugh:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
They have discussions on Facebook? Well, better there than Gamefaqs...
But what do they talk about?
Goku is guaranteed for SSB4, Lucario is a clone of Mewtwo, & ROB is trash. You know, those kind of things. It's far worse from gamefaqs because it's Facebook. Yes I'm being biased, BUT it's true. :troll:
It's been better.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Who knew?
Well, that was unfortunate. Still, at least it's not gamefaqs.

EDIT: From the posts around, it seems it's just as bad. :laugh:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Goku is guaranteed for SSB4, Lucario is a clone of Mewtwo, & ROB is trash. You know, those kind of things. It's far worse from gamefaqs because it's Facebook. Yes I'm being biased, BUT it's true. :troll:

It's been better.
I don't even... Where do I even begin! Why the... Who in... Why?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom