• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Remember the days when we used to troll the Ashley thread

We didn't even get to do that then rub AT in their face this time

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
So depressing. Would have been nice if she was playable. Least she is represented in some way.

Kat and Ana playable pls

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Whelp, there's the sting.

While I'm a little bit over it now, I think the only really big disappointing part for me is that that was my most likely character.

Though this is a nice thing I guess.

The next characters on my list won't sting as much, and if one of the characters on my list is confirmed then it will be an even better experience.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Has anyone ever watched a movie and it says a year but you don't know the context of when the movie was made so you don't know if the year is the past, present or future?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Why does Rosalina look pregnant in Smash? Her dress looks like it is from the maternity department.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yeah, I know she is the mother of the cosmos... but come on, it isn't like she gave birth to the whole universe... or did she? :troll:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
To be honest, I find it a bit strange that I'm actually less disappointed about Ashley's disconfirmation than some of the other users posting in that thread, despite being the thread owner.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
To be honest, I find it a bit strange that I'm actually less disappointed about Ashley's disconfirmation than some of the other users posting in that thread, despite being the thread owner.
I guess it shows that you're mature.

You can accept loss with grace.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Godzilla movies made after 2000 kind of look like American movies made in the 80's

I guess it's because the lack of CGI anywhere, or the way they do camera movements

Edit: Although ironically Godzilla 2000 is an exception since it DOES have CGI

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Has anyone ever watched a movie and it says a year but you don't know the context of when the movie was made so you don't know if the year is the past, present or future?
Yeah, I've gotten that feeling quite a bit when watching something.

As for what you said on the Godzilla movies after 2000, I noticed that too. It's part of what I like about 'em, though anything without CGI feels pretty damn fresh in this day and age.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Also a strange thing is the fact people imagine Godzilla as green, when in fact he's "Charcoal" colored.

Although it doesn't help that Little and Jr Godzilla ARE green. Not to mention Godzilla 2000 is green

I imagine Godzilla is just a REALLY dark shade of green. Though the costume is painted "Charcoal" and not dark green.

I know he isn't green, and he isn't painted green, but I still SEE green when looking at Godzilla.

It's like some kind of optical illusion

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Shame that Ashley is an Assist Trophy but I'll live. But her model is... *SQUEE!* SO ADORABLE that I want to go and give her a BIG hug!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Oh and J-Stars got villains confirmed today.

Now if only Smash had more villains than heroes added as is. :urg:

Wolf barely counts(not even evil), Wario definitely does not(if he was based upon his original Wario Land version where he was first a villain, maybe). Only Bowser, Ganondorf, and the bosses come close to counting at best(at least Crazy Hand and Tabuu. Master Hand's is very questionable now thanks to the SSE. The other ones in the SSE are obviously evil). Giant DK is more or less a callback to the first game Donkey Kong itself, who is a villain straight out. Metal Mario at least now seems to have no alignment among his appearances in Mario games where he isn't a power-up. No personality to speak of, unlike say, Waluigi who has something. Giga Bowser is indeed a bad guy. Helps he comes from another bad guy, Bowser, either in the story or gameplay, depending which version. I don't expect any third party villains to be playable unless they're technically the protagonist as well, but eh.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Maybe Kat and Ana might be playable. But that's another great Magician choice not playable. :/
I doubt Kat and Ana being playable, at least before Mona.

We have Zelda, Rosalina, and possibly Palutena, Isaac, and technically Shulk. We should be fine.

@ IsmaR IsmaR , I'm loving your Ibuki-Mawlie avatar.

O'kaz A1

Smash Journeyman
At least K. Rool and Ridley are still on the table. In the grand scheme of Nintendo, there aren't a lot of noteworthy villains to begin with or, at least, those that would make sense in Smash.
I doubt a bit K. Rool will join the battle, because it's Rare property...and Ridley, well, we can hope...

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
K. Rool is owned by Nintendo bro. Mario Sluggers ring a bell?
Ninja'd by Popeye.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I doubt Kat and Ana being playable, at least before Mona.

We have Zelda, Rosalina, and possibly Palutena, Isaac, and technically Shulk. We should be fine.

@ IsmaR IsmaR , I'm loving your Ibuki-Mawlie avatar.
To clarify, since Ashley is an AT, it's possible Kat and Ana could be bumped to playable. Not saying it's going to happen. And that's now what I mean by a Magician. As in a user that's pure magic and uses a Staff/Wand. Isaac does not fit. Shulk I know little about so I won't say that. Zelda plays too much like a Monk with a tiny slew of real spells. But that's how I'm using "Magician" in this case. Maybe Mona or Syrup might appear. I like them too as choices. I prefer Syrup, though. Good pirate choice.

At least K. Rool and Ridley are still on the table. In the grand scheme of Nintendo, there aren't a lot of noteworthy villains to begin with or, at least, those that would make sense in Smash.
They would be great. Ridley I hope for, and K. Rool has a fair chance. Most other Villains don't have this kind of "why not?" for that.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Hmm... notice that the new Assist Trophies are usually minor characters with huge following... Skull Kid and Ashley... who else are crazy popular but not THAT important in their respective franchises?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Hmm... notice that the new Assist Trophies are usually minor characters with huge following... Skull Kid and Ashley... who else are crazy popular but not THAT important in their respective franchises?
Waluigi, Bowser Jr, Daisy, the list can go on...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
To clarify, since Ashley is an AT, it's possible Kat and Ana could be bumped to playable. Not saying it's going to happen. And that's now what I mean by a Magician. As in a user that's pure magic and uses a Staff/Wand. Isaac does not fit. Shulk I know little about so I won't say that. Zelda plays too much like a Monk with a tiny slew of real spells. But that's how I'm using "Magician" in this case. Maybe Mona or Syrup might appear. I like them too as choices. I prefer Syrup, though. Good pirate choice.
In that case, then Palutena is our closest candidate for a mage.

I'd prefer Syrup over Mona, but I'd be okay with either. We could use a pirate character to complement Impa. :troll:

DIHSO

I found footage of Tekken X Street Fighter.

Oh, I see, haven't thought about that...sorry.:facepalm:
Ehh... People make mistakes.

I want Syrup over Kat & Ana. The whole concept of pirates kinda grew on me after playing as a smuggler (Or as some sort of space pirate) in SWTOR. Wtf berserker, that game sucks--- Shut up. Not saying that she'll be like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom