• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
I watch Pewdiepie because I've had one of the worst luck these past 6 months,my live has been depressing and he is one of the few factors that keep me from hurting myself or people around me.
btw happy new year,wish me one

D

Deleted member

@ManlySpirit - Not much, just playing my games.
I see a lot of people mention the Gamecube era as something incredible, but it makes me wonder since the Gamecube didn't exactly sweep anything away. The lack of a early Mario game and a "true" Zelda game (as it was so delicately put by the fanbase) really hurt the console's early years. In my opinion the only really great games throughout the Gamecube's whole lifespan was Melee and Metroid Prime, besides that I really don't think the console was all that special, and with the PS2 as its competition I see why it didn't do anything phenomenal. It had the right franchises on it (it still lacked Kirby though, which is a giant minus from me), but the games it had of those franchises didn't really stand out and weren't that great, Sunshine and the Star Fox games being prime examples.

I personally enjoyed the Wii much more, it might not have had Star Fox or F-Zero, but the games it presented from the big-time franchises blew me away, Galaxy and Return to Dreamland being prime examples.
Same here. I actually did get a Gamecube as a replaced for my broken PS2 (which broke for the second time) in Christmas, 2005. I think I got six games for it (and I did rent some games as well on a monthly basis), but outside of Melee, I didn't have any attachment for the games I did play. I did really like SSX3 (only third-party game I bought), but I had already played it on the PS2 and Xbox, so it wasn't like this was the first time I touched it. I gave my Gamecube away on May, 2007 to my cousin and only really missed Melee (although I wish I had complete Sunshine). Looking back, I wish I had begged for a slim PS2 instead, would still have my PS2 game if that was the case (absolutely phenomenal, one of the best systems of all-time). Although if that had been the case, I probably would have gone PS3-only last gen and wouldn't even bother with Nintendo after the N64. I do plan on giving the Gamecube another chance, but from my first try, can't say I was impressed.

It's why I'm glad that the Wii had such an effective advertisement campaign. The Wii reminded me of the Nintendo I loved during the N64 day and the motion control was an instant sell for me. I had never been so hyped to get a console and the story for me to get a Wii was kind of crazy as well. When I figured out how to make the Wii work a few days in, it was from there that I had a blast with it. I then became super obsessed with Nintendo and admittedly got out of control with my fanboyism when I first stepped into a forum (thankfully, you won't see that on Smashboards). Super Mario Galaxy ended up being one of the best games I've ever played and I spent hundreds of hours on Mario Kart Wii and Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I also got plenty of other Wii games and was into WiiWare for awhile. I'd definitely say the Wii was Nintendo's best home console since the SNES (at least 2006-2010).

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
Yeah because all his videos are about ****** jokes or screams, that's like saying that America is a country full of obesity because most of the people are fat.
Nonsense.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah because all his videos are about ****** jokes or screams, that's like saying that America is a country full of obesity because most of the people are fat.
Nonsense.
Why would he have ANY videos about that?

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
Why would he have ANY videos about that?
That's just random words he says, obviously he doesn't mean those words and shouldn't be taken seriously, that's like if you fail to complete the same level of any platformer and throw a "**** this game". Does that mean someone instantly dislikes it?
I'm not saying he's the best doing playthroughs, I only watch him because I like his random commentaries which make him different from the others, If I want something more serious I'll obviously look for another youtuber.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm just going to put it off as some kind of weird newer generation thing. Like rock music, moving pictures, and twerking. Devil's work

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
@ManlySpirit - Not much, just playing my games.Same here. I actually did get a Gamecube as a replaced for my broken PS2 (which broke for the second time) in Christmas, 2005. I think I got six games for it (and I did rent some games as well on a monthly basis), but outside of Melee, I didn't have any attachment for the games I did play. I did really like SSX3 (only third-party game I bought), but I had already played it on the PS2 and Xbox, so it wasn't like this was the first time I touched it. I gave my Gamecube away on May, 2007 to my cousin and only really missed Melee (although I wish I had complete Sunshine). Looking back, I wish I had begged for a slim PS2 instead, would still have my PS2 game if that was the case (absolutely phenomenal, one of the best systems of all-time). Although if that had been the case, I probably would have gone PS3-only last gen and wouldn't even bother with Nintendo after the N64. I do plan on giving the Gamecube another chance, but from my first try, can't say I was impressed.

It's why I'm glad that the Wii had such an effective advertisement campaign. The Wii reminded me of the Nintendo I loved during the N64 day and the motion control was an instant sell for me. I had never been so hyped to get a console and the story for me to get a Wii was kind of crazy as well. When I figured out how to make the Wii work a few days in, it was from there that I had a blast with it. I then became super obsessed with Nintendo and admittedly got out of control with my fanboyism when I first stepped into a forum (thankfully, you won't see that on Smashboards). Super Mario Galaxy ended up being one of the best games I've ever played and I spent hundreds of hours on Mario Kart Wii and Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I also got plenty of other Wii games and was into WiiWare for awhile. I'd definitely say the Wii was Nintendo's best home console since the SNES (at least 2006-2010).
Yeah I agree, people bashed the Wii because it was the weakest of the generation and because it was "casualised" besides having returning games like Donkey Kong Country (which jesus christ it was so fun and challenging that it was addictive) and few things that were cool like Wii Sports resort and masterpieces like Mario Galaxy, Prime 3 or Xenoblade Chronicles which I haven't played but heard really good things about it.

Ayway, Happy new Year guys.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
oh, here's this parody vid about pewds... and don't take it seriously...

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Okay, I now understand why everyone said Fire Emblem: Awakening was this amazing game when it first came out. 3DS is 2/2 on amazing games so far. Best Fire Emblem game bar none.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I don't really subscribe to Let's Plays, but WiiRikeToPray can be really amusing. In fact, I wish I had a group of friends I could play games like that with. They never say anything interesting about the games they play though, they're just fun to listen to every once and a while.

D

Deleted member

I don't really subscribe to Let's Plays, but WiiRikeToPray can be really amusing. In fact, I wish I had a group of friends I could play games like that with. They never say anything interesting about the games they play though, they're just fun to listen to every once and a while.
OH MY GOD!!

Look who FINALLY left his cave!

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990

I was just checking to see how everything was going for you ladies. Making sure everything is okay.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Edit: totally going to use this GIF for my reaction for everything today.

Last edited:

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
much like my distaste for the rise of N3ON, I don't want to have to experience another round of my brethren keeling over. Yes they are women and i really didn't want them to come out, lest my brethren lose some IQ points.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
much like my distaste for the rise of N3ON, I don't want to have to experience another round of my brethren keeling over. Yes they are women and i really didn't want them to come out, lest my brethren lose some IQ points.
Also manly is HOT

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Okay, I now understand why everyone said Fire Emblem: Awakening was this amazing game when it first came out. 3DS is 2/2 on amazing games so far. Best Fire Emblem game bar none.
I find it rather funny, with the FE fanatic I am, that my opinion of FEA keeps going down the longer it has been since released. Don't get me wrong I still love the game as I love every FE game, but I no longer consider it the best in the series like I did when I first played it and beat. There are so many tiny flaws, and a few big ones, that just keep adding up on top of each other making them glaring. The hype the game has ended and my mind ain't clouded by the hype anymore. I still find PoR and RD to be the best FE games again, I'm sure my opinion will change if I ever get the chance to play FE6 or FE12 but one costs over like 40 bucks now to buy online (otherwise I would have used my 25$ Amazon gift card to buy it, but that ain't 40 bucks lol).

But yea I wouldn't call "FEA the best FE game bar none". Mostly at the "bar none part" as I can understand why people may find it the best, but it can easily be argued to not be the best as well.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I find it rather funny, with the FE fanatic I am, that my opinion of FEA keeps going down the longer it has been since released. Don't get me wrong I still love the game as I love every FE game, but I no longer consider it the best in the series like I did when I first played it and beat. There are so many tiny flaws, and a few big ones, that just keep adding up on top of each other making them glaring. The hype the game has ended and my mind ain't clouded by the hype anymore. I still find PoR and RD to be the best FE games again, I'm sure my opinion will change if I ever get the chance to play FE6 or FE12 but one costs over like 40 bucks now to buy online (otherwise I would have used my 25$ Amazon gift card to buy it, but that ain't 40 bucks lol).

But yea I wouldn't call "FEA the best FE game bar none". Mostly at the "bar none part" as I can understand why people may find it the best, but it can easily be argued to not be the best as well.
I like the artwork

But most of the hype came from the fact that it wasn't available ANYWHERE!!!

It took me like 2 weeks to find a copy

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
What on Bionis are you talking about? Her unveiling had a very positive effect on all of us. I remember we were all quite happy that day! :awesome:

But, there isn't a more beautiful person in the world than Manly... Embarrass N3ON is so 8 months ago.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What on Bionis are you talking about? Her unveiling had a very positive effect on all of us. I remember we were all quite happy that day! :awesome:

But, there isn't a more beautiful person in the world than Manly... Embarrass N3ON is so 8 months ago.
I dunno

Maybe Manly is more my type, IFKWIM

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
On the topic of Let's Plays, I like Game Grumps and Speed Demo Archive. Game Grumps is something me and my girlfriend watch together (despite the fact that she has a lady boner for Ross so long she could use it as a scarf) and I like what they do. I've been a fan of Egoraptor for years and I like the connections that he has with nearly every major animator and video game commentator on Youtube. Speed Demo Archive just amazes me because a lot of them are "professional" speed runners and dedicate years of their lives to individual games with the best usually running only a handful and continuously trying to beat their old records.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Super Gaming Bros
WiiRikeToPray
RunawayGuys
BrainScratchComms (Commentary, I know. They do group LPs together sometimes, though)
Versus with AttackingTucans and JoshJepson
The Great Clement himself
Occasionally, HellFireComms and FindTheComputerRoom

That is all.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Speed Demo Archive just amazes me because a lot of them are "professional" speed runners and dedicate years of their lives to individual games with the best usually running only a handful and continuously trying to beat their old records.
Oh! Isn't that the one where there's a bunch of videos where they are doing it for charity donations, and they're speed running it in front of some people watching while some guy every so often reads donation comments? I've watched way too many of those to be honest...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I saw a pokemon speed run on that or something.

I like pokemon Let's Plays for some reason

D

Deleted member

Oh, I used to like watching Two Friends Lets Play for a while. But then I kinda grew tired of them. I wish the Game Grumps were as good as them though, cause, boy... Arin is TERRIBLE at vidya. I'd love to beat him at Smash just for the self-satisfaction of it, but then again... it wouldn't be much of an accomplishment.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I used to watch Minecraft LP's

That as the way to make it big a couple years ago

D

Deleted member

I never got into minecraft tbh, my brother loves it though.

I need a bit more action in my vidya, most RPGs are generally too boring for me, thus, I don't play them often, but there are a ew I like.

Skyrim was fun too, despite being quite dull, but only cause the mods made it so much fun.

I guess Monster Hunter is the only 'boring game' I'm obsessive about. I really wanna get a WiiU, JUST so I can play 3 Ultimate online. I love Freedom Unite on the PSP, even if it is a dreadful grindfest.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Off topic but I know some of you guys are huge Fire Emblem fans. After getting Fire Emblem Awakening 8 months ago, I FINALLY have made enough progress in my back catalog to get to it and I'm going through it. That being said, what characters do you guys recommend?
What other people have said, just use whoever you like.
General not of advice, don't use Frederick to much early on as he will steal EXP from your other nits by doing do.
Uhh no

Earlygame is exactly when you want to be using Freddy the most so he can soften up baddies for your weaker units.
Make sure you get Donnel to join and level him up like nobody's business. His growth stats are godly. Also, Lon'qu was really useful playing through.
Donnel's okay if you don't plan on grinding every character to their max level or plan on playing the postgame. His growths are amazing(especially thanks to his aptitude skill), but in the long run his caps are slightly lower than everybody else's. He makes a killer parent though(especially for Nah/Kjelle/Noire, since he can pass on the Pegasus class tree to girls who don't inherit it from their mothers).

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Just watched the last Christmas show with my family that we'll be watching this year (if you don't count Rudolph's Shiny New Year) the Year Without a Santa Claus. (I wanted to watch it before today, but didn't get a good chance) Such specials were a part of my childhood, and no matter how old I grow, I'll never get tired of watching them.

Back on the topic of Let's Plays, I'm surprised I forgot about Yoshiller2 and his friends. Their NSMBW playthrough was always one of my favorite LPs. I also watched their Kirby's Return to Dreamland playthrough.

I've seen a few LPs by WiiRikeToPray, but I don't watch that channel very often.

And I've found myself to enjoy nearly any video where someone is playing Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Not a fan of LPs tbh.
Why watch a game be played when you can play it yourself?
(Unless of course you don't have it, but let's say you do)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom