• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

MexM

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4468-1063-3341

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So, I have to admit, I'm happy Rosalina was confirmed, but on the other hand, it once again salts the wound. Poor Daisy. Can't get a break at all. I hope they consider her as an alternate costume for Peach.

EDIT: Speaking of characters, I have a renewed desire for Victini. Here's why-

I had a dream a few nights ago about a Trailer entrance for Victini. I know dreams shouldn't be taken seriously, but it was so realistic, I have a revision of how Victini could play. And it looks badass.

go ahead and laugh

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Well It's officially 2014 for me. Happy New Year!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Kinda would rather have the gamecube era all over again, if anything else. I don't want to press buttons, but Nintendo is not what it use to be, and by they way it looks, they never will be again. Sure, they've had some hot games- Super Mario 3d world for one- but one game isn't going to save the company. So far, I don't think SSB4 will either, considering it's outclassed by a mod.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Kinda would rather have the gamecube era all over again, if anything else. I don't want to press buttons, but Nintendo is not what it use to be, and by they way it looks, they never will be again. Sure, they've had some hot games- Super Mario 3d world for one- but one game isn't going to save the company. So far, I don't think SSB4 will either, considering it's outclassed by a mod.
Fire Emblem Awakening, DKCR, Link Between Worlds, and Pokenon X/Y. Heck, that last one could save any company.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
3ds, 3ds, 3ds.

One game may not, but an amazingly selling handheld will. Nintendo can afford the Wii U to have horrible sells. You're right, Mario kart 8 and SSB4 might not save the wii u, (though, saying it's because of a mod doesn't work considering there are loads of people who don't know about project m), but it doesn't matter, the 3ds is just that awesome that it can keep the wii u and nintendo afloat.

D

Deleted member

We're not getting Star Fox. Kamiya doesn't want to work on it anymore. Too bad as it means Star Fox is likely skipping out on the Wii U.

It's probably a new IP from him. Which if my brief play through with The Wonderful 101 is any indication, is something I'm excited for.
That's crazy talk. Nintendo is not going out of business anytime soon considering the truckload of money they made last generation. We will sooner see Sony or really, any Japanese video game company leave before Nintendo close their doors.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
We're not getting Star Fox. Kamiya doesn't want to work on it anymore. Too bad as it means Star Fox is likely skipping out on the Wii U.

It's probably a new IP from him. Which if my brief play through with The Wonderful 101 is any indication, is something I'm excited for.
It still could be Star Fox, I think the only reason he said he doesn't want to work on Star Fox anymore was to get the people pestering him on social media sites to lay off of him.
Kamiya is the type of dude that has very little patience for pestering as shown with the whole Bayonetta for Smash 4 debacle.

A new IP would be cool too. I just want to see a Ratchet & Clank styled Star Fox game.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I didn't mean to infer they're dying, my bad. No, definitely not. But in comparison of what they use to be, they've changed, and not for the best, imo

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
The Nintendo Network going down around Christmas was actually a good thing because it means the WiiU had a sudden surge of new consumers all trying to create accounts at the same time. Nintendo usually starts off slow, but picks up the pace after a while. I still remember when the 3DS was going through a dry streak, and everyone was saying "TEH 3DS WIL PHAIL!"

It's a common thing in the industry.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
That seems to go as far back as the DS for the industry. A slow start and then a game comes out and kicks it into gear.

D

Deleted member

It still could be Star Fox, I think the only reason he said he doesn't want to work on Star Fox anymore was to get the people pestering him on social media sites to lay off of him.
Kamiya is the type of dude that has very little patience for pestering as shown with the whole Bayonetta for Smash 4 debacle.

A new IP would be cool too. I just want to see a Ratchet & Clank styled Star Fox game.
I hope so, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Would definitely get it if he made one, though.
I didn't mean to infer they're dying, my bad. No, definitely not. But in comparison of what they use to be, they've changed, and not for the best, imo
I still think that they're among the best companies today. Nintendo still pumps out some of the greatest games in a generation and they haven't been sucked into shady tactics like most major video game companies today. I can still pick up Nintendo games knowing that I will get a complete and entertaining experience.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Off topic but I know some of you guys are huge Fire Emblem fans. After getting Fire Emblem Awakening 8 months ago, I FINALLY have made enough progress in my back catalog to get to it and I'm going through it. That being said, what characters do you guys recommend?

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
How so? I'd say Nintendo have barely changed at all throughout their history, hell that's like, the main complaint against them usually. The industry around them has changed, as has the consumer base, and that's affected them, but Nintendo themselves are basically the same.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I see a lot of people mention the Gamecube era as something incredible, but it makes me wonder since the Gamecube didn't exactly sweep anything away. The lack of a early Mario game and a "true" Zelda game (as it was so delicately put by the fanbase) really hurt the console's early years. In my opinion the only really great games throughout the Gamecube's whole lifespan was Melee and Metroid Prime, besides that I really don't think the console was all that special, and with the PS2 as its competition I see why it didn't do anything phenomenal. It had the right franchises on it (it still lacked Kirby though, which is a giant minus from me), but the games it had of those franchises didn't really stand out and weren't that great, Sunshine and the Star Fox games being prime examples.

I personally enjoyed the Wii much more, it might not have had Star Fox or F-Zero, but the games it presented from the big-time franchises blew me away, Galaxy and Return to Dreamland being prime examples.

Commander

Smash Ace
Off topic but I know some of you guys are huge Fire Emblem fans. After getting Fire Emblem Awakening 8 months ago, I FINALLY have made enough progress in my back catalog to get to it and I'm going through it. That being said, what characters do you guys recommend?
Just use whoever you think looks cool for your fist time through and then on the second play through you would have an idea who is useful and who isn't. Donnell is a great unit though.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Might be given how Nintendo's slowly returning to its practices of "renting out" it's IPs like it did in the Gamecube era. Platinum's probably all for it too given how the Wondeful 101 crashed and burned in spectacular fashion and they could use something that would easily break 100k.
Considering the basis of Platinum Games, it's not going to be something like Super Mario Bros. or The Legend of Zelda that's for sure.

Stuff more along the lines of Metroid or Star Fox would be more believable in context. Hell, again, The Mysterious Murasame Castle would probably be the best type of IP they could handle at the moment since the company has many of the developers behind Okami.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
It's a combo video for ZSS and Metaknight, quite intense.
Don't know if I'm late or not on this, but I think this would be a good fit.

It depends on how much you are willing to grind and what difficulty you are playing on. For example on Normal mode you can get away with anyone. On hard mode there are more general consensus on characters to stay away from due to certain growth rates, however keep in mind stat growths are completely random so say you want to use Ricken who generally has a bad Spd growth but for you his spd stat is going up amazingly so you could easily stick with him. You also have a character known as Donnel who starts out horribly but has a skill that makes his growth rates extraordinary, but requires a lot of babying to catch-up which make him a character to better used in a willing to grind playthrough, so to speak.

General not of advice, don't use Frederick to much early on as he will steal EXP from your other nits by doing do.

Last edited:

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Just avoid using Ricken and you'll be fine as long as you're not playing on Insane difficulty.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I just rolled with characters whose personality I liked. The game is a bit below a "just right" difficulty level in normal mode so your choice in units isn't as rigid as it would be in other Emblem games imo. The supports and ships are also a lot of fun so that also something that influenced my choice in characters.

I personally got a ton of use out of Vaike and Sumia (mai waifu) as well as my avatar. Donnell is the best character in the game since his stat growths are absurd. The units I used for my final chapter were: Chrom, Lucina, Avatar, Vaike, Lissa, Sumia, Donnell, Kellam, Kjelle, Sully, Noire, Tharja, Ricken Cynthia, Stahl and Say'ri.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
It's mostly based on preference. Every character has their good and bad points. The children can turn out amazing if you train the parents right.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
So guys, what are the plans for New Years?
Cooking fries, tater tots, friend chicken (some hot, some not), got some pizza, 4 2 liters of cranberry Canada Dry, 4 kinds of Pringles, some cookies and pound cake. Gonna chill with my family while we all either watch movies, anime, or all play our different games, which means me playing either P:M or a Sonic game of my choice, my niece playing Pokemon Y, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom or Sonic Colors, my old man probably playing either a dumb Madden game, Need for Speed: Most Wanted or Rivals, SSX, or Champions Online, and my Mom playing Monster Hunter 3 religiously since she just can't put it down. XD

A nice, relaxing New Years. ¦3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom