• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694

At the moment, Bowser is very strong. He’s really strong. Fans of Smash Bros. probably never saw him as too much of a strong character, but this time, his ability to knock others out is very strong!”

- Bowser’s Smash attacks, special attacks, and aerial attacks now have quite the ability to send opponents flying through the air
- The best part about this is that it feels great
- This great feeling is what Sakurai would like to focus on for the upcoming Smash Bros. games
- He’s putting more care into that part of the game than ever
- Sakurai says having strong attacks are also something that must be carefully balanced
- This is because it may feel unfair to opponents if they’re too overpowered
- In order to meet the right standards, Sakurai and the rest of the development team have been spending a lot of time adjusting stronger attacks to see what works best

Aww, it woulda been nice to see Bowser be powerful for once before the balance. After the last 2 games of being one of the worst characters, Bowser may actually be truly buffed. Anyways, so looking forward to the balance.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Bowsers really shaping up to be the Zangief of smash, He seems to have quite a bit of moves that seemed inspired by him too.

I would love to see the heavies become a threat in the competitive scene.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Bowsers really shaping up to be the Zangief of smash, He seems to have quite a bit of moves that seemed inspired by him too.

Well Dedede was pretty good, right?
But I agree, heavyweights becoming threats in competitions would be great. And since quite a few possible newcomers are heavyweights, it's a possibility.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Well Dedede was pretty good, right?
But I agree, heavyweights becoming threats in competitions would be great. And since quite a few possible newcomers are heavyweights, it's a possibility.
I believe so, Dedede was pretty decent

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

Don't forget that Rosalina's FSmash looks an awful lot like Chun-Li's HP Kikouken.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Don't forget that Rosalina's FSmash looks an awful lot like Chun-Li's HP Kikouken.
Lol, it really does!
I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai goes with a Vega approach with Metaknight, making his mask and sword being able to come off in battle. :laugh:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Lol, it really does!
I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai goes with a Vega approach with Metaknight, making his mask and sword being able to come off in battle. :laugh:
Not the sword, but definitely the mask.

Meanwhile, we get Zero Suit Cammy.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Not the sword, but definitely the mask.

Meanwhile, we get Zero Suit Cammy.
For sure!

Fox - Fei Long
DK- Balrog
Ganondorf - Akuma (He ain't that good :laugh:) maybe Oni

The connections are definitely there.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Fox reminds me of Hwoarang. Marth is more Fei Long with a sword.

Ganondorf is definitely Oni.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, I guess that's why they have miss fit

She can balance on a board

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Smash 4 better be the most Hype thing about 2014

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Snake and Wario were top 5 on Brawl's tier list for a while iIrc.
I believe they still are, well Snake at least. I'm not all too sure about Wario.

While both of those characters were both technically heavies, they were pretty nimble on the field. I meant sluggish tank-sized heavy characters like Bowser, Charizard, DDD and Donkey Kong.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Even with all that heavy gear Snake carries I still wonder why he was made heavier than Dedede and Charizard of all characters. I suppose Dedede might have the excuse of being able to puff up and float, but it still doesn't make much sense.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Speaking of Snake, why on earth was he heavier than Dedede and Charizard?
Probably because he carried around so many heavy weapons. I mean really, a bazooka, missile launcher, mines, grenades, and other heavy machinery that I don't know the name of. It's totally plausible for him to be heavier then them.

UNKN{OWN}iXi

Smash Journeyman
Even with all that heavy gear Snake carries I still wonder why he was made heavier than Dedede and Charizard of all characters. I suppose Dedede might have the excuse of being able to puff up and float, but it still doesn't make much sense.
Charizard can fly.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
AFAIK Dedede is supposed to be Pikachu-sized/is made of blubber while Charizard's canon weight is less than 200 lbs. Perfectly plausible for a man of Snake's stature to be heavier than that, with or without heavy gear weighing him down.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
It's fine that Snake weights more than Charizard, but how does he weight more than Samus? Thin as she may be, that power suit's got to weight a lot. Heck, he also weights more than R.O.B, who's a giant piece of steel. Wouldn't Ike, Marth or Link technically weight as much as Snake too? At least they have armor and swords.

But eh, it's a video game, and for some reason they probably felt it was necessary in order to balance him, even if he'd be plenty good being a bit below Samus in weight.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
It's fine that Snake weights more than Charizard, but how does he weight more than Samus? Thin as she may be, that power suit's got to weight a lot. Heck, he also weights more than R.O.B, who's a giant piece of steel. Wouldn't Ike, Marth or Link technically weight as much as Snake too? At least they have armor and swords.

But eh, it's a video game, and for some reason they probably felt it was necessary in order to balance him, even if he'd be plenty good being a bit below Samus in weight.
Samus and ROB, I dunno on them.

Marth and Ike and Link though? Nah. Their armor is relatively light so it doesn't bog them down as much. Then Marth's Falchion is more akin to a rapier which is again a rather light sword meant for more fluid combat then a regular sword. Now Ike's Ragnell? yea that's a pretty heavy and big weapon, and it can weigh him down a bit. But a single Bazooka is at least the same weight as Ragnell if not heavier ontop of the other weapons Snake carries. Link does carry a lot of item and a shield, but the items are pretty light compared to Snake's machinery and the shield is basically in the same situation as Ragnell.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Samus and ROB, I dunno on them.

Marth and Ike and Link though? Nah. Their armor is relatively light so it doesn't bog them down as much. Then Marth's Falchion is more akin to a rapier which is again a rather light sword meant for more fluid combat then a regular sword. Now Ike's Ragnell? yea that's a pretty heavy and big weapon, and it can weigh him down a bit. But a single Bazooka is at least the same weight as Ragnell if not heavier ontop of the other weapons Snake carries. Link does carry a lot of item and a shield, but the items are pretty light compared to Snake's machinery and the shield is basically in the same situation as Ragnell.
The fact that Snake's weaponry isn't visible at all times kind of gives the illusion that he should be much lighter though. It's not as much bringing the others up to his level as it is bringing Snake down to their levels. I mean, if items that we can't currently see are counted, then Villager is going to be kind of heavy with all of his fireworks and what not. I think weight should be measured in terms of what's visible in the character's standard pose, otherwise it feels deceiving.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
The fact that Snake's weaponry isn't visible at all times kind of gives the illusion that he should be much lighter though. It's not as much bringing the others up to his level as it is bringing Snake down to their levels. I mean, if items that we can't currently see are counted, then Villager is going to be kind of heavy with all of his fireworks and what not. I think weight should be measured in terms of what's visible in the character's standard pose, otherwise it feels deceiving.
I actually think Villager will end up being more of a heavier character then a lighter character in all honesty. I think it would fit Villager better.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Charizard weighs 199 pounds. Taking a normal weight adult like Snake and adding tons of gear on him would make him heavier than Charizard, most likely.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Villager would be midweight, Miss Fit would be lightweight, and Mega Man would obviously be midheavy.

On a side note, Sega should take my ****ing money for having Ryo Hazuki back in action after checking their Facebook page.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Charizard weighs 199 pounds. Taking a normal weight adult like Snake and adding tons of gear on him would make him heavier than Charizard, most likely.
He's got a rocket launcher on him. I'm sure his gear weighs him a lot more than Charizard

Blaziken

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4038-6625-0560
Mewtwo is one of the lightest characters in Melee, despite being 269 pounds. He weighs as much as Roy and Young Link, who probably don't weigh that much.

Smashiny

Smash Journeyman
Well weight of the real characters doesn't really matter at all, as Sakurai puts it, the characters are just toys in the smash universe :p

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Weight is more treated as a form of balance, with weight commonly used to counter balance strengths and weaknesses. Though, in the end, falling speed is actually more important then weight, because knowing the falling speed of characters allows you to determine which actions will work. For example, Marth's and Roy's up throw can be used for chain grabbing characters with high falling speed like Fox and Captain Falcon, while for those with poor falling speed like Jigglypuff it can used as an option for KOing.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Why is Yoshi heavier than Mario and Luigi? This is what I fail to understand
He needs to be strong enough to carry Mario or Luigi doesn't he? Maybe Yoshi has a lot of muscle. He does carry fat plumbers around the Mushroom Kingdom a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom