• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So Call F won? Looked a little too much like Roll to me. Not that I hate the design though. But at least it feels like Beck can stand on his own from Mega Man's design. What with the mostly gray color scheme and the goggles. He feels more like his own creation, which I like.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Call's design has a fair amount of moxie to it. She doesn't look like a robot that just cooks and cleans like Roll did.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah I suppose that Call looks more heroic than Roll does. A little more in your face.

Anyway, do you guys think Beck will change his colors when using the weapons of the other Mighty Numbers? It seems like he'd still change his blue for red when Beck uses Number 1's weapon. Or change to yellow when Beck uses Number 3's weapon.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I think it would be cool if Beck gets hats like Kirby so the appearance change isn't so similar to Mega Man's changes. But seeing how this is the spiritual successor to Mega Man colors will probably be used to note skill/weapon changes.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I think it would be cool if Beck gets hats like Kirby so the appearance change isn't so similar to Mega Man's changes. But seeing how this is the spiritual successor to Mega Man colors will probably be used to note skill/weapon changes.
Changing Beck's armor a little bit would be cool to see actually. Not sure it would happen for boss powers though. Beck is also supposed to use powers from certain enemies too.

Can I just say I didn't like the new layout change?
I usually like layout changes that everyone hate [Except for YouTube. Google ruined YouTube], but this one is really just ugly.
I don't mind it too much. The only issue I have is that the pages move slower.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So yeah.....Anyone heard of El Lobodestroyo? It's a 3-D platformer that's coming out soon. It was fully funded on kickstarter. Inspired by Metroid, Mega Man, Mario and Banjo Kazooie. I thought it looked cool.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
After playing through A Link Between Worlds, I've felt inspired to do another stage concept In the past, I created a stage concept for Hyrule Castle's interior, but having played ALBW, I have a different idea for the castle than before.

The stage is based upon the bridge area atop the castle of Hyrule (there is a picture of the Lorule version in the spoiler tags). The stage is mini-Bridge of Eldin, except without the exploding bridge gimmick and few wrinkles. Underneath both sides of the stage are the top of different parts of the building -- think Peach's Castle in Melee -- which allow a small island of salvation for players that get knocked off the bridge, as the bridge has no ledges. Occasionally crows will fly into the field of battle and try harassing players, but they aren't that strong and can be knocked away after an attack or two. Their presence serves more of a distraction than a threat.

The background offers a special, top-down view of the land of Hyrule in keeping with the spirit of the game. Quite a breath taking sight. Directly behind the stage are a couple of rooms that branch off from the bridge, rooms I cannot talk about in too much detail due to spoilers for those who may not be that far yet.

However, that is not all that there is to this stage...

Throughout the course of the match, the stage will transform from Hyrule Castle into Lorule Castle! The power of the Triforce will cause the skies to darken and the land to change to the inhabitants of the Lorule kingdom (previously known as the Dark World). The castle is blanketed in darkness and lit only by the flashes of lightning and blazing torches lining the bridge.

Oh, and this is a 3DS stage, rounding out the handheld Zelda titles. Liked the idea of the stage alternating back and forth between the Light and Dark World, which is something I know Shorts came up with a long time ago.

Stage Name: Hyrule Castle
Stage Icon: Triforce

Stage Example:
....._____________.....
XX.........................XX

-Tracks-
Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Hyrule Field ~ Alternate
Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Hyrule Castle
Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Lorule Field ~ Alternate
Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Lorule Castle
Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Death Mountain
Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Dark Link Battle
Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - Tal Tal Heights
Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Seasons - Tarm Ruins/Lost Woods ~ Nayru's Song ~ Din's Dance
Legend of Zelda: Four Sword Adventures - Village of the Blue Maiden (Brawl)
For the Frog the Bell Tolls - Overworld

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Ok. What was the worst TV show of the year? Or maybe the worst movie? I just like to see what people think about this kind of stuff since it's almost New Years.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
Nice idea Starphoenix, I have yet to play the game but that sounds great and I actually want to see that happening.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Ok. What was the worst TV show of the year? Or maybe the worst movie? I just like to see what people think about this kind of stuff since it's almost New Years.
Worst movie of the year? Might have to get back to ya on that one, though worst game of the year would have to go to Alien Colonial MarinesRide to Hell Retribution.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Aliens: Colonial Marines is the most disappointing game of 2013, when you expect it to be good after seeing the initial trailer, it crashes based on prior expectations.

Did anyone even know about Ride to Hell: Retribution before all the laughing at it's expense? First time I heard about it... or rather, first time i even noticed it's existence was after Angry Joe made his video. On that note, my worst game of 2013 goes to Ashes Cricket 2013 because AJ's video on Ride to Hell entertained me. The game did at least that.

D

Deleted member

@ Starphoenix Starphoenix - Glad to see another stage concept from you. Can't comment too much on the stage itself, although I will say I really like the music choice.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
By that logic, every character ever with those similar traits looks like Roll. (And there are LOTS of them. XD)

And clearly you haven't been following this long enough. Aile's original art style is the big one of her sitting down. All the other ones are her traced over Call's art style while showing the similarities in their designs with and without said style.

Whether she looks like Roll, Ciel or Aile, she's still very appealing, is the one who won and she actually looks like belongs somewhere in this game and on the battlefield, unlike Ms. Generic Tsundere Flight Attendant Pin-Up Girl who lost, albeit by only a small margin. ¦D
Talking about tons of characters with the same design as Roll/ Call F

Says the Call E is the generic one

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Hey everyone! (breaks through a wall allowing entrance to the thread) I'm back! Computer shorted out after a blackout on Friday, but since I got a new, much faster computer for Christmas that proved to be a very small issue. Also, Whitney from the Animal Crossing movie is my avatar again. (for the second time)

Did I miss anything significant since Friday?

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Hey everyone! (breaks through a wall allowing entrance to the thread) I'm back! Computer shorted out after a blackout on Friday, but since I got a new, much faster computer for Christmas that proved to be a very small issue. Also, Whitney from the Animal Crossing movie is my avatar again. (for the second time)

Well, do you know that Sakurai won't be updating miiverse pics 'til jan. 6? Because other then that I got nothing.

Smashboards changed but I think you noticed that.

Also saw that movie before. Personally prefer Rosie. :3

mimgrim

Smash Hero

^Basically this. (minus the avatar thing xD.)

Cept instead of a computer crash I went to visit my sister and her husband and their kids and my other brother, for basically a second Christmas. Was loud as f*ck. To loud for my tastes. But I did get a 25$ Amazon gift card from my brother so it was worth it xD. Other gifts I got from the second Christmas were books 2 and 3 of the Brotherband chronicles and some Old Spice cologne, deodorant, and body wash.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Well, do you know that Sakurai won't be updating miiverse pics 'til jan. 6? Because other then that I got nothing.

Smashboards changed but I think you noticed that.

Also saw that movie before. Personally prefer Rosie. :3
Yeah, I've seen such suggested before, doesn't surprise me since there was also a lack of updates during New Year until the 6th during Brawl's development IIRC.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
And my computer is still broken. Oh well, I can use my WiiU. However, I did change my monthly Touhou avatar early because of my broken computer. I am now Chen; fear my kitten powers.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom

Sakurai won't be posting pictures until next week

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Masahiro Sakurai is back again at Famitsu, and he told them his New Year's Resolution: He resolves "to complete development on Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U and release it in 2014."

But... but... no one ever actually do their New Year's Resolutions :troll:

But seriously, I have faith in him to fulfill this.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Better balance is gonna bring massive hype. Am looking forward to what Sakurai will do with this.

Actually balancing 1 vs 1 fights is gonna be amazing if it's done right!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Mind the audience for the column. It's not super technical players, but a general audience. You go into things like frames and hit boxes and most will be confused or put off.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Sakurai does bring a valid point. You can't balance both 1 v 1 and 4 free-for-all.

Though, that brings the question, what does he feels needs to be balanced more?

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Sakurai does bring a valid point. You can't balance both 1 v 1 and 4 free-for-all.

Though, that brings the question, what does he feels needs to be balanced more?
1 v 1 probably.
If people are playing 4 free-for-all it is likely casual play, usually just hanging out with friends.
I feel that 1 v 1 is where balance really matters.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Was gonna wait until New Years to change avatar and sig but I got impatient.

Yay for prematurity!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If Bowser is "Too strong" now, he's probably going to be super weak when the game comes out.

Happened before

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I'm aware of the audience and simple explanations are always best, but that's not the point of my post. When I first played Melee and Brawl the characters felt somewhat even. After spending a bit more time with the games the superiority of characters over the rest of the cast was noticeable and when you factor in ATs some character gaps seem to have increased. Sakurai's balance standard is just a simple feeling of parity outside of a metagame discourse.

I trust Sakurai to put out a great product as always; I just don't expect him to make a game that's as well balanced for 1v1s as we expect it will be.

EDIT: This is @ Big-Cat Big-Cat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom