• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Interesting how everything has changed, once again. Hopefully everything is more stable now. I see more doohickeys on the top of the text box now, so that will give me some things to play around with. Also plan on doing something I haven't quite done in awhile.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
Do you think Sakurai will add another retro character?
I'm using the games released on the NES Remix Wii U download as a hint to who he might choose.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
As we all know, mii's are a hated character on these boards, and with villager in, not many people want an item character in, but if mii's were to make it in, how would you feel if they were "the ultimate clone character", confused, let mii (ba dum tiss, sorry, couldn't help it) explain

in nintendo land, the mii's are playable characters who dress up as many nintendo characters in various mini games, making them one of the biggest copycats n the nintendo games, my idea for making the mii's at least somewhat interesting is to have them take various moves from different characters, they could shoot a bow like link, do a super jump punch like mario etc.

frankly, I would be more interested in this then different item sports ideas for mii's (I haven't played resort, but nintendo land imo is better than wii sports), but what would you think

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Looks like you guys have been having fun all day in here. ¦D

Also, yay! The orange block is no longer stalking me! =D

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I'll be honest, Mii will be playable characters in this game, whether we like it or not.

Even though I certainly won't. Stupid Miis bobbling back and forth with those stupid looks on their face and their stupid looking limbs and body shape...

*Ahem* apologies. I hate Miis, no matter how inevitable they are. Maybe, maaaaybe. If they get customizable movesets that are done well I could tolerate them (even if they would be insta banned)

But probably not.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah. I bet no one will take that positively regardless of how he plays.

I think.
That Frozen chick looks better in the animated GIF's than the still image.

The still image reminds me of someone I know, though not sure who, but whoever it is it's in a bad way

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Do you think Sakurai will add another retro character?
I'm using the games released on the NES Remix Wii U download as a hint to who he might choose.
Want to know more about the Ice Climbers? Visit the official website for NES Remix!

Who else is there? Balloon Fighter? He's useless when his balloons are gone... and he's reincarnated as the Villager... where he's useful even after his balloons are gone.

Urban Champion? Not unique! Bubbles? Doesn't know how to fight! (Sakurai's words, not mine) Excitebiker? Let's be reasonable... installing ramps on every stage is an undue hardship. :troll:

...Donkey Kong Jr. confirmed! :awesome:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
That Frozen chick looks better in the animated GIF's than the still image.

The still image reminds me of someone I know, though not sure who, but whoever it is it's in a bad way
I"ll admit, Rosalina looks very smug in that picture. Like something on the Disney Channel, and in a bad way. Made me skeptical with Frozen at first.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
So i had a very vivid dream about Sakurai confirming Roy. (Gave him a trailer similar to Sonic's. No CG but it shows what he can do)

It was weird. Rosalina was chasing Roy like a psycho at the end of the trailer.

D

Deleted member

I can't say I didn't vote for her, she's just too cute and love how it's sort off an updated Roll design.
That's actually why I didn't vote for F, she looks too similar to Roll. I don't want this game to fuel the misconception that this is simply a Mega Man game in a different skin.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
meh, E looks stupid and F looks too much like roll

looking at them, didn't really like any of them, but c and d are ok (not great though)

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
That's actually why I didn't vote for F, she looks too similar to Roll. I don't want this game to fuel the misconception that this is simply a Mega Man game in a different skin.
Nah, the game itself on paper has already enough differences, just one or two similar won't hurt I guess.
Also, the E Call looks way too off compared to Beck, the H one looks nice but a bit too simple, that's another reason as to why I chosed F(to make her more distinct her colour scheme should be different though, orange would look nice imo).

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
She has a ponytail and a pinkish-redish skirt with a jacket. That's where the similarities end. Honestly, H call looked more like Roll in design and even style. Like Roll merged with Penny from Inspector Gadget.

F Call looks like Ciel from Mega Man Zero. Makes sense since IntiCreates designed them both. That just makes me love her more, though. <3

Either way both looked better than the out of place flight attendant who looked like she'd be a generic ****** tsundere character. ¦D

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Short skirt, long sleeves, bow in hair, ponytail

Yeah, the art style looks like it was traced over that other character, but the design was made to look like Roll

I find that Call uninteresting.

Call E looked more like a pin up girl from WW2 than a Flight Attendant to me

Edit: Not so much pin up girl, but a sexualized version of a military uniform, which might be seen in pin up girl style

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

Short skirt, long sleeves, bow in hair, ponytail

Yeah, the art style looks like it was traced over that other character, but the design was made to look like Roll

I find that Call uninteresting.

Call E looked more like a pin up girl from WW2 than a Flight Attendant to me

Edit: Not so much pin up girl, but a sexualized version of a military uniform, which might be seen in pin up girl style
By that logic, every character ever with those similar traits looks like Roll. (And there are LOTS of them. XD)

And clearly you haven't been following this long enough. Aile's original art style is the big one of her sitting down. All the other ones are her traced over Call's art style while showing the similarities in their designs with and without said style.

Whether she looks like Roll, Ciel or Aile, she's still very appealing, is the one who won and she actually looks like belongs somewhere in this game and on the battlefield, unlike Ms. Generic Tsundere Flight Attendant Pin-Up Girl who lost, albeit by only a small margin. ¦D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom