• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
yeah... i have the place bookmarked... it doesn't work. clicked your new link... it's the same place... are you still premium though?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
yeah... i have the place bookmarked... it doesn't work. clicked your new link... it's the same place... are you still premium though?
Huh, that's weird. I can still access all the threads and post in them, just not in the main group hub (where all the threads are displayed).

Technically my premium expired last August, Xenforo glitches still showed I had it though. The banner is gone for the moment, though I can still access the Disco Room.

I think it's because you are the group owner that you can still access it, Hy. I get error on that page.
Maybe I guess. It's kinda weird that the threads work but I can only access them.:ohwell:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just checked, it only works if you created the thread in question. For example it comes up with an error if I try to access any of the previous mafia game threads. Oh well.

Typhl0si0n

Smash Apprentice
Alright, so I didn't want to bring this up here, but I can't log off my account. I've been trying but it still keeps me logged on. Has anyone had this problem?

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
the most important thing about this forum is our super exclusive totally secret important people only backroom for all the cool kids and johnknight.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Daily reminder that people will lose their **** once Impa is in Smash.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Well, I can edit my posts normally again at least.

Hopefully collapse tags get working again. This happened the last time the forums "upgraded" as well.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I would think people would lose their **** for any newcomer.
Moreso with Impa cause Impa has been Smashboards' most controversial topic ever since Fire Emblem. Quite possibly topping it even.

However, Fire Emblem did get a little heated when Manly vs Chrono happened. :laugh:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Played Project M tonight and two days ago. At first, I freaking sucked when it came to controlling the characters because I haven't played Melee in years. Everthing felt so slippery, but I had enough control to gauge how I felt about certain characters. Went back tonight in training mode to mess around more. While I wish there was a DI and tech chasing toggler, I enjoyed it so far. Getting better control of tilts and SHFFL'ing. L-Canceling isn't hard, but I still think it's stupid as it's simply a rhythm thing.

I'm liking Wolf, Fox, Diddy, Zamus, and Toon Link in general. For now, I'm liking Wolf the most as I play an evasive and whiff punishing game mostly. In theory, evading and approaching and launching on whiff is the plan for me with Wolf.

Speaking of Wolf, I'm starting to think how exactly would you diversify the Starfox roster? We're already seeing Pit and Bowser greatly changed so it is doable. Fox has never had a consistent playstyle, while Falco has his lasers, and Wolf is a feral fighter. You can also toss in Krystal in if you want. I think she'd be a mean mid-range character.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Both of those pale in comparison to pre-brawl day stuff. "Up until now", Mewtwo vs Lucario, the anti-R.O.B. crowd, just to name a few.
Nothing can ever compare to pre-Brawl. Fire Emblem debate was literally war! Wolf vs Krystal was also bad. The immense butthurt when characters got deconfirmed to...

Though if Impa was indeed to get in, I think things could become a little crazy like then. It would be a good blast to the past ;)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I do have to admit I was really hurt when Bowser Jr didn't make it in Brawl since I felt he had chances, but I'm glad he didn't know since if he does make it in this Smash (probably not), he'll actually have potentially a different kind of move to make him more unique compared to Bowser, like breathing fireballs (as shown in NSMB Wii I think). But of course, many pre-brawl wars were indeed up there.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Brawl speculation was quite the dozy. People were having extremely high expectations that spiraled out of control, and despite the liberties taken into the games people were still unsatisfied.

Oh god people were pissed with R.O.B. in particular.

D

Deleted member

Brawl speculation was quite the dozy. People were having extremely high expectations that spiraled out of control, and despite the liberties taken into the games people were still unsatisfied.

Oh god people were pissed with R.O.B. in particular.
I don't think there will ever be a game again that has as crazy of a pre-game fan base as Brawl did.

Also, I'm disappointed that I can't access the Social Groups yet. Only one that seems to work for me is the Vidya Games thread.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I don't think there will ever be a game again that has as crazy of a pre-game fan base as Brawl did.
Well, people were coming off from Melee, so naturally people had really strong expectations. Of course, all of those expectations didn't exactly come through. In my opinion I have no qualms with the newcomers at all, in fact it's my favorite batch of them so far, it's just that the gameplay itself felt like a step down from Melee. Even with the extra bells and whistles implemented, it still felt kind of weak.

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Finally get around to downloading PM...
All I have are motion plus wii motes, which for some reason won't register to the Wii U on PM boot up.

smh... was looking forward to playing too.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I need to get a 3rd party Wii U controller that registers as a classic controller when I'm on the Wii.

Nintendo why can I only view Wii games on the Gamepad, but not use the Gamepad itself to interact with the games. Especially when the Gamepad has all the same button inputs as the classic controller???

Last edited:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Finally get around to downloading PM...
All I have are motion plus wii motes, which for some reason won't register to the Wii U on PM boot up.

smh... was looking forward to playing too.
That's weird.

Well, using wiimotes for Project M is kind of a bad idea to begin with, mainly because of it being very inconvenient.
Sure, it's not perfect, but on a WiiU, what other options do you have?

Speaking of weird, when did I become a premium member?

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
what's going on, here? Pre-brawl reminiscing huh. I wasn't much of a speculator, then, but I heard a lot about it, especially, Lyn's rabid army and Ike vs. Sigurd.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I can't get rid of my Premium. :laugh:

The banner is gone but I can still get in the Disco Room and can make a custom title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom