• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Let's hope that 2014 is the best year yet.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Chances are I'll either be wussing out of and/or counseling someone who wussed out of suicide for New Years. Then when someone asks, I tell them my resolution is to see things through to the end.

Of course that is still an hour away here, so I won't worry about it until after midnight/I tell my friend happy birthday.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Earlygame is exactly when you want to be using Freddy the most so he can soften up baddies for your weaker units.
I presumed he was playing on a level other then Lunatic(+), where Fredick will OHKO those guys with a freaking Bronze Sword on a less difficulty and other units can take them down without the need to soften up. Lunatic you pratically have to use Freddy to get through, but I was going under the presumption he wasn't playing Lunatic, in which you want to use Freddy very very sparingly as he'll OHKO most enemies with a Bronze Sword.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Not gonna lie, but I watched the intro for the N64 Super Smash Bros. soon as the new year had begun. It just felt so fitting for the moment and I can tell most of you would agree with me.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So I know this is late, and a bit of a weird question. But what movies are you guys looking forward to in the new year? I know I want to see Amazing Spider-Man 2. I'm liking that the new costume looks like Peter jump right out of a comic book. That scene where Spider-Man fights Electro at the end was cool too. Though the Green Goblin still looks weird. Why can't they just change his outfit to purple and slap on a hood or helmet? But I'm sure some will say it's still better than his "Power Rangers" outfit from the Original 2002 film.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
it aint new years yet over here! some of us are still in the past.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
So I know this is late, and a bit of a weird question. But what movies are you guys looking forward to in the new year? I know I want to see Amazing Spider-Man 2. I'm liking that the new costume looks like Peter jump right out of a comic book. That scene where Spider-Man fights Electro at the end was cool too. Though the Green Goblin still looks weird. Why can't they just change his outfit to purple and slap on a hood or helmet? But I'm sure some will say it's still better than his "Power Rangers" outfit from the Original 2002 film.
Aside from Amazing Spider-Man 2 which you said, looking forward to X-Men Days of Future Past, the new Godzilla, and maybe I Frankenstein (emphasis on maybe).

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Happy New Year from the West Coast! *uses Celestial Fireworks*

And seeing that sexy Rosalina avy has definitely made this even better so far (yes, it's the cleavage, and I admit it).

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Happy New Year everybody!

Here's to more Smashboards!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You know, Dreamworks making the Mr. Peabody movie may mean it's not absolutely horrible.

Staarih

Smash Master
So, it looks like Pokémon Bank won't be out this week yet - unless it pops up within the few following days - meaning it'll be be back when Sakurai's posting pictures again. Does anyone think we might get something Pokémon-related then (if not a character then perhaps a Pokéball Pokémon)?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Happy New Years everyone

Can't wait to see how much bigger the smash bros updates are going to be now
I would like it if they start revealing newcomers every other month...

Veterans: January, March, May
Newcomers: February, April, June (at E3 2014)

vicgur

Smash Ace
Considering what's going to occur later after apex, can we call 2014 "The Year of Smash?"
Heck, I'm actually expecting Nintendo to be smart enough to officially call it that.

Also, I think Sakurai will explain the game's features, like its modes and WiiU/3DS connections, in a future Nintendo Direct [or maybe at E3]

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Aside from Amazing Spider-Man 2 which you said, looking forward to X-Men Days of Future Past, the new Godzilla, and maybe I Frankenstein (emphasis on maybe).
That new Godzilla movie has the best tagline of all time though. "A King's arrival is never silent!" You can't top that. Forgot about that X-Men movie. I feel like it will suffer the same problem as X-Men 3 though, in that we have too many characters present. I hope I'm wrong though.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Last night was TOO LIVE... Highlight of the night definitely had to be when some rich dude's girlfriend accidentally knocked me and my friends over on the dance floor so he decided to buy us all drinks (expensive ones at that). The hangover is too real though. :(

Happy New Years everyone!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Don't know much about James Avery myself, but I'm still sad for the poor guy. Especially seeing as he died literally just before the beginning of 2014.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Nice avatar

Happy new years *****es.
Thanks. Seems everyone is back to square avatars now though. Ah well... At least I still have clevage.

That new Godzilla movie has the best tagline of all time though. "A King's arrival is never silent!" You can't top that. Forgot about that X-Men movie. I feel like it will suffer the same problem as X-Men 3 though, in that we have too many characters present. I hope I'm wrong though.
Yep. As for X-Men you may be right, but after seeing the latest trailer I had gotten some renewed hope for it. I reckon it'll prolly have 90% Wolverine (egh, as usual), and both the young and old versions of Xavier and Magneto, while everyone else will be lucky to have screen time at all. Even if it turns out to be not that good though, there's still an X-Men Apocalypse movie that was tweeted about by the director for 2016, and I've been waiting years for Apocalypse. :D

R.I.P. Avery...

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
There are no movies in particular I'm really looking forward to this year as of yet. But speaking of movies, I just got back from a local theater, I went to see Frozen.

And now that I've seen it, I now officially have a total of 3 favorite films.

Blaziken

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4038-6625-0560
The first thing I yelled when it was midnight was that SSB4 was coming out this year. The first game I played this year was Uprising, if anyone cares. Which no one does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom