• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Just watched the last Christmas show with my family that we'll be watching this year (if you don't count Rudolph's Shiny New Year) the Year Without a Santa Claus. (I wanted to watch it before today, but didn't get a good chance) Such specials were a part of my childhood and I'll never stop watching them.

Back on the topic of Let's Plays, I'm surprised I forgot about Yoshiller2 and his friends. Their NSMBW playthrough was always one of my favorite LPs. I also watched their Kirby's Return to Dreamland playthrough.

I've seen a few LPs by WiiRikeToPray, but I don't watch that channel very often.

And I've found myself to enjoy nearly any video where someone is playing Amnesia: The Dark Descent.
I think I watched WiiRike play (a bit of) 3D World, but that's cause I don't own the game, and I wanted to get an idea of what it's like. I think I watched them play a bit of the final world and the bonus levels. I gotta say, the game looks quite good.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
I already talked about it in the Roster thread, but I don't feel like repeating myself, so happy hunting ;)
The roster prediction thread? Oh man that's like hunting in in freakn' rainforest. I think I'll take that as a challenge(puts on hunting cap).

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Oh, I used to like watching Two Friends Lets Play for a while. But then I kinda grew tired of them. I wish the Game Grumps were as good as them though, cause, boy... Arin is TERRIBLE at vidya. I'd love to beat him at Smash just for the self-satisfaction of it, but then again... it wouldn't be much of an accomplishment.
Its not the same without him

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Why is everyone female today? :dizzy:
Didn't you hear? The **** bandit is on the loose!

As for my New Years plans, I'm staying at my apartment because my girlfriend heads into work at midnight. I used to go to really nice New Years parties but a little more than a year ago I exposed an affair one of my friends was having with a barely legal teen (she was 29, he was 17) and it pretty much murdered my social life because most of my friends sided with her. Fun times, fun times.

D

Deleted member

^^^ Jon was actually good at gaming, but I really didn't like him. Also, watching him be terrible at Banjo-Kazooie was AWFUL!

"This is my favorite GAME"
>Proceeds to be terrible at it

It's MY favorite game, and I expected better. It's also a pity I never got to watch them play Blazblue, someone sent it in for them, and I wanted to watch that. Instead I got to watch them play boring-ol' Nurutu... yayyy...

Ah well, at least I can ironically enjoy watching Arin be bad at games. Mario Sunshine was something else though... Dat pachinko:

"WHAT HAPPEN!!"

I like how Arin was legitemately mad during that :rotfl:

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
^^^ Jon was actually good at gaming, but I really didn't like him. Also, watching him be terrible at Banjo-Kazooie was AWFUL!

It's MY favorite game, and I expected better. It's also a pity I never got to watch them play Blazblue, someone sent it in for them, and I wanted to watch that. Instead I got to watch them play boring-ol' Nurutu... yayyy...

Ah well, at least I can ironically enjoy watching Arin be bad at games. Mario Sunshine was something else though... Dat pachinko:

"WHAT HAPPEN!!"

I actually enjoyed it to seem having fun and play it but he did say its been sometime that he's played it

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

"WHAT HAPPEN!!"

Well, all the big Pokemon Youtuber's have done let's plays and they are just horrible at it.

Giving a pokemon a full moveset of the same type attacks, for example

D

Deleted member

I actually enjoyed it to seem having fun and play it but he did say its been sometime that he's played it
You mean Sunshine?

I haven't played it in.... 11 years I think, and I STILL remember everything about that game. I was shouting loudly at the screen every episode, it was just so... frustrating.

At least he's adamant about being bad at vidya, so he's not so much of a hypocrite anymore. But alas, we're all hypocrites, so I can't criticize.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
You mean Sunshine?

I haven't played it in.... 11 years I think, and I STILL remember everything about that game. I was shouting loudly at the screen every episode, it was just so... frustrating.

At least he's adamant about being bad at vidya, so he's not so much of a hypocrite anymore. But alas, we're all hypocrites, so I can't criticize.
Well hes pretty busy guy and as he is a gamer hes not a perfect one

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Well, all the big Pokemon Youtuber's have done let's plays and they are just horrible at it.

Giving a pokemon a full moveset of the same type attacks, for example
Chuggaaconroy didn't do that, I don't think. Plus, he really likes Wooper and Shroomish's evolution lines, so there's some points in his favor for me.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Chuggaaconroy didn't do that, I don't think. Plus, he really likes Wooper and Shroomish's evolution lines, so there's some points in his favor for me.
I meant more like JWittz and Munching Orange whose whole channel is dedicated to pokemon

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Oh you guys are so picky. I have to watch myself such terribly at games every day and I don't complain about it. :B
I don't watch lets plays/Game Grumps at all though.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
You mean Sunshine?

The most frustrating series for me to watch was the DKC2 one, hands down. Not only were Jon and Arin comically bad at it, they kept calling it a terrible game. I beat the game 100% when I was 8 and was baffled how it stumped two grown men. I was pretty much tearing my hair out by the time they quit especially when people in the comments were actually agreeing with them by saying it was not only the worst of the DKC games but that it was poorly designed. The second had to have been when Jon and Arin tried to go through Secret of Mana because the were so bad that they died half a dozen times on the first boss alone.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The most frustrating series for me to watch was the DKC2 one, hands down. Not only were Jon and Arin comically bad at it, they kept calling it a terrible game. I beat the game 100% when I was 8 and was baffled how it stumped two grown men. I was pretty much tearing my hair out by the time they quit especially when people in the comments were actually agreeing with them by saying it was not only the worst of the DKC games but that it was poorly designed. The second had to have been when Jon and Arin tried to go through Secret of Mana because the were so bad that they died half a dozen times on the first boss alone.
LOLWUT? How could DKC2 be considered a horrible game?

They also said Glover was a horrible game, and I actually loved that game

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Happy new years- time to watch a giant ball drop while saying, "2014 will be better," with a hint of hopefulness.

I think it will be.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Probably the worst thing one of those two (Jon and Arin) have ever said is Arin saying that Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 are exactly the same as Sonic 06.

Honestly, watching them fail entirely at games I've played and beaten easily or watching them completely ignore how to play the game (missing the hint bubble for Silver in 06 for iron bars) made me stop watching as much.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Didn't you hear? The **** bandit is on the loose!

As for my New Years plans, I'm staying at my apartment because my girlfriend heads into work at midnight. I used to go to really nice New Years parties but a little more than a year ago I exposed an affair one of my friends was having with a barely legal teen (she was 29, he was 17) and it pretty much murdered my social life because most of my friends sided with her. Fun times, fun times.
Wow. That really sucks. I bet they would side with you if the sexes were reversed.

Anyway, change of topics... I finished Super Mario 3D World (still need to 100% the game) and Pikmin 3 (got all the fruits and beat the final boss within 40 game days) today. They were awesome!!!

I still maintain that Nintendo needs to remake Pikmin and Pikmin 2 for the Wii U... put them in one game disc, make it in HD, and give it GamePad support... I don't know how I managed to beat the original Pikmin game without the map feature on the GamePad... the map is so detailed!!!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I've had some moments where I've been shouting at the screen and facepalming repeatedly due to the terrible skill or failure to see the obvious by some people doing LPs in the past, though none of I can remember right off the top of my head.

And happy New Year to all of you in advance. Heres another year of Link playing the Oath to Order. :awesome:

But in all seriousness, I hope you've all been enjoying yourselves so far, and hope for a great new year for everyone.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
My Smash Bros Hopes List of 2014:

* Lucario, Victini, Ridley, King K.Rool, Quote, and/or Mewtwo gets confirmed to be playable
* A large music selection confirmation
* DLC character confirmation
* A better Stage Builder
* A better Snapshot system
* Record longer matches

I also want to dedicate myself to play competitively via Smash Bros because I give up on the Pokemon competitive scene.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I see a lot of people mention the Gamecube era as something incredible, but it makes me wonder since the Gamecube didn't exactly sweep anything away. The lack of a early Mario game and a "true" Zelda game (as it was so delicately put by the fanbase) really hurt the console's early years. In my opinion the only really great games throughout the Gamecube's whole lifespan was Melee and Metroid Prime, besides that I really don't think the console was all that special, and with the PS2 as its competition I see why it didn't do anything phenomenal. It had the right franchises on it (it still lacked Kirby though, which is a giant minus from me), but the games it had of those franchises didn't really stand out and weren't that great, Sunshine and the Star Fox games being prime examples.

I personally enjoyed the Wii much more, it might not have had Star Fox or F-Zero, but the games it presented from the big-time franchises blew me away, Galaxy and Return to Dreamland being prime examples.
Not gonna pretend the Gamecube was some amazing breathtaking console, let alone comparable to its competition at the time (keep in mind the N64 was also pretty outsold by the 1st Playstation), but gotta disagree on Prime and Melee being the only great games on it. The lack of mention of the Star Wars Rogue Squadrons (before LucasArts went to ****) saddens me. I remember being hooked on Rogue Leader for instance for the longest time before I got more into Melee, and I had gotten both games at the same time.

Despite some of the "meh" titles like Sunshine and the Star Fox games (though Adventures has a special place for me as the last Nintendo Rare game), the system still had a pretty solid library. Mario Kart Double Dash, Resident Evil 4 (before it became multi-plat), Eternal Darkness, Killer 7, Tales of Symphonia, F-Zero GX, Pikmin, etc.

So did the Wii of course which had around as many great games that people could mention, but once the novelty of the system's motion control schtick wore off, I found plenty of the Gamecube titles more replayable in the long run (i.e. Metroid Prime > Prime 3, Melee > Brawl IMO, etc). Of course, the Wii had the better Mario and DK titles, but eh, opinions.

And inb4sales.

Well, happy new year everyone. Just two more hours for me.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Nintendo said SMB3 was going to be in virtual console in 2013

Well, you have 3 hours here, at least.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Guys..... Smash Bros comes out THIS YEAR!!!!
You know what else is cool about that? 2014 is Smash's 15th anniversary and Nintendo's 125th anniversary. This is a great year to release Smash!

D

Deleted member

You know what else is cool about that? 2014 is Smash's 15th anniversary and Nintendo's 125th anniversary. This is a great year to release Smash!
Agree, 2014 will be a perfect way to celebrate Smash and Nintendo with the release of this upcoming game.

To think that in less than a year, we'll have the game in our hands.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Agree, 2014 will be a perfect way to celebrate Smash and Nintendo with the release of this upcoming game.

To think that in less than a year, we'll have the game in our hands.
The game we've been waiting for since E3 2011 (some of us probably earlier)...
The game we've speculated on for years...
Through all the twists and turns along the way, some good, some bad, some seemingly bad that ended up well-received.
It's all culminated into this.

Strangely deep stuff from someone like me at around 1 in the morning. :laugh:

D

Deleted member

The game we've been waiting for since E3 2011 (some of us probably earlier)...
The game we've speculated on for years...
Through all the twists and turns along the way, some good, some bad, some seemingly bad that ended up well-received.
It's all culminated into this.

Strangely deep stuff from someone like me at around 1 in the morning. :laugh:
The questions is, will it be the greatest Smash game ever made? Will it go down as one of the all-time best video games?

I SURE HOPE SO! HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The original came out in Japan on January 21st back in 1999; perhaps we'll get something on that day update wise to commemorate it.

Add in: It's a Saturday so I guess something could be done on the 20th instead.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The original came out in Japan on January 21st back in 1999; perhaps we'll get something on that day update wise to commemorate it.
Yoshi, Captain Falcon, Ness or Jigglypuff would all do nicely. If only we could get them all on the same day, but there is just no way that would happen.

Though it seems like a fantastic time to reveal a veteran, (among other things) I'm still keeping my expectations low just to be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom