• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
We saw at least three of her specials. Luma Summon , Launch Star, and Gravity. Luma Summon may also include the ability to "drop off" a Luma.
Actually, we probably saw all of her specials. The move where she positions a luma further from her is likely her side special. That would let her position it further and further out, or bring it closer in.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
The thing that makes Pokemon Bank special imo... Is that it's not a game. It's a yearly paid subscription fee, which has the chance to bring Nintendo a lot of money over a period of time.
The thing that makes it special to me is the Celebi they are giving away.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
So wait... Without Luma, absolutely none of Rosalina's specials do damage? And even with Luma, only one of them does indirect damage?

I think that in itself might be a first.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I'm gonna use it to transfer all my mons from White and that's it.

So wait... Without Luma, absolutely none of Rosalina's specials do damage? And even with Luma, only one of them does indirect damage?

I think that in itself might be a first.
I think she at least attacks but she's weaker. Olimar is much more defenseless without his Pikmins

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Actually, we probably saw all of her specials. The move where she positions a luma further from her is likely her side special. That would let her position it further and further out, or bring it closer in.
I thought about that but I'm not quite sure. It's quite possible she may have elements of Litchi Faye-Ling who can place her staff at different spots in different ways.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
There is just something hilarious about a mannequin flying through space.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I have a feeling I'm gonna have a heck of a hard time figuring out a main for SSB4. 3/4 of the newcomers have really interesting movesets to me and each of them look like they can fit my playstyle. Not to mention any other newcomer coming along. Gonna be tough.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I have a feeling I'm gonna have a heck of a hard time figuring out a main for SSB4. 3/4 of the newcomers have really interesting movesets to me and each of them look like they can fit my playstyle. Not to mention any other newcomer coming along. Gonna be tough.
The right way is the random way.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
We saw at least three of her specials. Luma Summon , Launch Star, and Gravity. Luma Summon may also include the ability to "drop off" a Luma.
What about that Star Bit Barrage move??
You think that is smash attack rather than a special?

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
Talking to my 12 year old youtube friend on skype. Trying to convince him he is not the best with Sonic. He only beat my Bowser by one stock. Now he thinks he can beat Mew2King. Kids these days...

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Talking to my 12 year old youtube friend on skype. Trying to convince him he is not the best with Sonic. He only beat my Bowser by one stock. Now he thinks he can beat Mew2King. Kids these days...
I saw someone complaining on Miiverse that Pit was so cheap and broken they banned him at their anime club.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I saw someone complaining on Miiverse that Pit was so cheap and broken they banned him at their anime club.
Maybe if we're talking Turbo Mode in Project M, but then again you could say the same thing for stuff like Sheik and Marth.

By the way, Pit has ridiculous shield pressure capabilities in that mode.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
Maybe if we're talking Turbo Mode in Project M, but then again you could say the same thing for stuff like Sheik and Marth.

By the way, Pit has ridiculous shield pressure capabilities in that mode.
You wanna talk about a tough to beat character in Project M 3.0? FINE! Let's talk about Peach!
Seriously I feel so lame... I can barely beat a level 9 cpu Peach and sometimes I lose!

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
You wanna talk about a tough to beat character in Project M 3.0? FINE! Let's talk about Peach!
Seriously I feel so lame... I can barely beat a level 9 cpu Peach and sometimes I lose!
I feel like the cpu in Project M is a lot easier to beat than in regular Brawl. Like not losing any lives against a lv. 9 in Project M is just too easy.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I know this is a bit off topic to what you all are going on about, but I just thought of an interesting theory, that is if anyone hasn't already come up with it yet.

Its kinda clear now that they do intend on making these specially animated clips for newcomers, and usually in these clips they include other related characters, in this case Rosalina had Mario, DK, Bowser, Peach, Luigi, and Kirby appear. Do you think that the announced Peach and Luigi instead of other newcomers just because they were going to make this clip for Rosalina?

Lets say that we are getting a new pokemon character (or Mewtwo), wouldn't it be reasonable to say that if a new pokemon were to get its own animation clip, it would require pokemon characters to appear in the clip as well? As of right now we only have Pikachu. So if the next set of returning characters are Pokemon characters we could kinda predict that the next newcomer would most likely be a Pokemon reveal. Again they could do this with any series besides Pokemon.

Basically what I'm saying is, they can't make an animated clip with characters they haven't shown off yet (besides the newcomer), so keep that in mind when they announce returning characters, because for every returning character there is, that's more options for Sakurai to use when he makes the next newcomer clip.

Caryslan

Smash Apprentice
Really? Pit in Brawl is not really that broken. He's a decent character, but he has issues.

Guess they don't have any Meta Knight, Olimar, or Ice Climber players in that club.

I wonder if they think Ike is broken too. Ike is my main character, and it makes me smile when people think Ike is a "broken" character.

Caryslan

Smash Apprentice
I feel like the cpu in Project M is a lot easier to beat than in regular Brawl. Like not losing any lives against a lv. 9 in Project M is just too easy.

Really? I could beat level 9 CPUs in Brawl with Ganondorf or Ike most of the time, but Level 7 CPUs give me some trouble. I got teched off the stage by a Level 7 Fox in one match.

Well, at least both Brawl and Project M have some smarter AI than Melee. The AI in that game was stupid.

Caryslan

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty decent with Ike and Ganondorf, but I don't think I could ever take the top players in Brawl. I think getting two stocks off a really good player is a major victory. I've played some good players, and they have schooled me pretty badly with Ike

Still, I am proud of the fact that I'm better than most random Ikes I run into in the general online Team Battle:) I once countered another Ike's counter after he countered my teamate's Warlock Punch. That was a OHKO right there:)

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Really? I could beat level 9 CPUs in Brawl with Ganondorf or Ike most of the time, but Level 7 CPUs give me some trouble. I got teched off the stage by a Level 7 Fox in one match.

Well, at least both Brawl and Project M have some smarter AI than Melee. The AI in that game was stupid.
Brawl AI is still easy, but I think it learned way too much from me lol.

Caryslan

Smash Apprentice
Brawl AI is still easy, but I think it learned way to much from me lol.
I kinda noticed that my Brawl's AI would start doing tricks and techs that it picked up from me and people I played online. Nothing on the level of Virtua Fighter, but it can give me some pretty decent matches.

And the good thing is that they fixed the "OH! A POKEBALL!" issue that Melee's AI had where they would ignore everything else to get a Pokeball. I got a laugh during one match on Hyrule Temple when a Melee CPU broke off fighting me, went all the way across a stage to grab a pokeball that it tossed nowhere near me. The funny part? It was a Goldeen:)

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Brawl AI is still easy, but I think it learned way too much from me lol.
My Brawl AI occasionally crouches repeatedly when I get KO'd. :laugh:

Best part is, I'm pretty sure I didn't teach it that.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
My Brawl AI occasionally crouches repeatedly when I get KO'd. :laugh:

Best part is, I'm pretty sure I didn't teach it that.
Brawl's AI is such a **** :awesome:

Whenever I get KO'd, the CPU taunts and starts to dodge repeatedly even if I'm nowhere near it. I taught him that. :sadeyes:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I know not many celebrate it or even acknowledge it, but nonetheless, Happy 27th Kid Icarus Anniversary!

Caryslan

Smash Apprentice
Brawl's AI is such a **** :awesome:

Whenever I get KO'd, the CPU taunts and starts to dodge repeatedly even if I'm nowhere near it. I taught him that. :sadeyes:
Heh, you're lucky. Mine learned how to short hop with Ike's aerials and to use Fox's reflector as a shine. I am happy my Fox has not learned how to Stall in the air with Fox's reflector. I also had Snake tech chase me with his D-Throw.

Plus, mine in clever with its taunts. It will generally taunt me after a Star KO when it knows it has enough time before I can respawn.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
I'd fully expect tonight's Daily Picture to be Kid Icarus related, given a certain event today.

Hopefully, Sakurai doesn't commemorate the Kid Icarus anniversary with a Palutena dis-confirmation via Final Smash. That would be atrocious.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'd fully expect tonight's Daily Picture to be Kid Icarus related, given a certain event today.

Hopefully, Sakurai doesn't commemorate the Kid Icarus anniversary with a Palutena dis-confirmation via Final Smash. That would be atrocious.

I know the feeling. At this point, any KI related pic would be better than nothing, and we have about 2 hours of waiting to do. I know I don't mind Rosalina, but I hope the next pic isn't her to hold some balance rather than being stale. Let's hope some KI goodness at least comes before the end of the year.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
By the way, I still say that we shouldn't look into release dates and anniversaries for character reveals.

Unless, you want to be wrong.

D

Deleted member

Tomorrow will be a picture of Rosalina doing something again.
Maybe poking Luigi's nose with her wand.

Count on it.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
What about that Star Bit Barrage move??
You think that is smash attack rather than a special?
I think it's a smash attack. We've had Snake use a projectile with his USmash so it does leave a precedent.

I think you guys might appreciate this rewind theater IGN did on Rosalina. Not the most knowledgeable on fighting games, but decent enough for discussion and they do a decent job dissecting the trailer.
http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/12/19/rewind-theater-super-smash-bros-wii-u-3ds

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
By the way, I still say that we shouldn't look into release dates and anniversaries for character reveals.

Unless, you want to be wrong.

Sakurai doesn't always have to showcase a character to commemorate an anniversary; he could just as well acknowledge it through a picture involving a related character doing something. Again, though, he could also very well ignore it and move on elsewhere.

Besides, who cares if we're wrong? Speculating on Smashboards shouldn't be taken seriously enough as if it's a profession (although it should be taken seriously enough to make reasonable predictions).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom