• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Haven't seen auto post in a long time here.... Hi. (you probably don't remember me, cause I was a lurker)

granted this place was dead like a year months ago.

Morbi

Scavenger
Really? Pit in Brawl is not really that broken. He's a decent character, but he has issues.

Guess they don't have any Meta Knight, Olimar, or Ice Climber players in that club.

I wonder if they think Ike is broken too. Ike is my main character, and it makes me smile when people think Ike is a "broken" character.
Ike is broken in FFA; I don't care what anyone says. I am not even joking, maybe I am just a super-beast with Ike or something. He was somehow my best character without any practice whatsoever. I can just whip him out and instantly win.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Ike can clear house in the blink of an eye but he's still prone to getting hit by everything due to his size, getting gimped, chaingrabbed, comboed and other not so fun stuff. His glass cannon status is more notable in FFAs than in meta-game 1v1s.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You know, people were talking about online battles called "Taunt Wars" where you don't attack eachother, and if you do people gang up on you.

I bet I could beat them all if it were melee. I was thinking about that today

I'm much better at melee

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
You know, people were talking about online battles called "Taunt Wars" where you don't attack eachother, and if you do people gang up on you.

I bet I could beat them all if it were melee. I was thinking about that today

I'm much better at melee
I feel bad because I'm pretty sure I helped start taunt parties lol.
sorry for all your pain Smashboards :troll:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Honestly feel like I'm am the only person who enjoyed taunt parties back when I had compatible WiFi with the Wii. It never got stale or boring for me.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
YOU SUCK!
:troll: no but seriously taunt parties better die in smash 4, just give us better online options sakurai.

:sadeyes: Okay......:troll: I guess I better help start em' up again in Smash 4 :troll: :troll: :troll:

Lol not really, but it wouldn't be a problem if we could just random 1v1 or change the settings more (it'd also help if online wasn't almost unplayable a lot).

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Namco-Bandai at the helm should remedy the horrid abomination known as lag, at least a little.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
YOU SUCK!
:troll: no but seriously taunt parties better die in smash 4, just give us better online options sakurai.
Lobbies , rank match, in lobby mic chat and text chat , stage creation return , mini games , better netcode maybe and so on

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Namco-Bandai at the helm should remedy the horrid abomination known as lag, at least a little.
Keep in mind that a huge factor for the lag in Brawl's online game play was the Wii's underpowered hardware. The net code didn't help either but the Wii wasn't built to deliver outstanding online game play.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Excuse me as I interject betwixt and between this discussion for an off-topic thought of mine.

The Present:

The Future:

I swear that at this point, I wouldn't be shocked if this actually became a thing.

Morbi

Scavenger
People who actually thought Microsoft was going to scrap their entire game plan deserve to get DRM'd. :p

Seriously. They claimed total removal of most of that stuff to quell the backlash, but it's going to slowly but surely creep in until it's pretty much how M$ originally planned it.
The reason I got a Ps4 (even though I wanted an Xbox One). I wouldn't want to get DRM'd.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
People who actually thought Microsoft was going to scrap their entire game plan deserve to get DRM'd. :p

Seriously. They claimed total removal of most of that stuff to quell the backlash, but it's going to slowly but surely creep in until it's pretty much how M$ originally planned it.
Ikr, my thoughts exactly.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The sad part is Sony will likely start doing it eventually too (though probably to a lesser extent).

Chances are they did have a few more limitations and such planned initially but when they saw Microsoft sinking faster than the Titanic they scrapped all that stuff and went the "we give you freedom!" routine. But when M$ brings it back and gamers get accustomed to it (because brainwashing on a system they already own is easier than convincing them to buy a piece of blatant spyware) Sony will also be able to get away with it, it'll become the norm, and then the current landscape of gaming is going to get even more ****ed.

And that's why I'll stick to my Smash. :smirk:

Morbi

Scavenger
The sad part is Sony will likely start doing it eventually too (though probably to a lesser extent).

Chances are they did have a few more limitations and such planned initially but when they saw Microsoft sinking faster than the Titanic they scrapped all that stuff and went the "we give you freedom!" routine. But when M$ brings it back and gamers get accustomed to it (because brainwashing on a system they already own is easier than convincing them to buy a piece of blatant spyware) Sony will also be able to get away with it, it'll become the norm, and then the current landscape of gaming is going to get even more ****ed.

Yeah, that is the direction the industry is heading in... I might honestly just go full Wii U when that time comes.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
The reason I got a Ps4 (even though I wanted an Xbox One). I wouldn't want to get DRM'd.
Aye. Not even Killer Instinct is worth that.

Think it's too early to tell right now as far as Sony eventually going the same route though, but yeah. Serves everyone right who got a One.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Yeah, that is the direction the industry is heading in... I might honestly just go full Wii U when that time comes.
I'm definitely happy with my choice to buy a Wii U over a PS4. I think with all these online policies and subscriptions, people have forgotten the main point of playing games, having fun. Nintendo seems to understand what gaming is all about though, as they always deliver high-quality experiences without milking your wallet with every big game (albeit they do stupid stuff sometimes).

Also RIP Paul Walker, he was my favorite part of the Fast & Furious series.

Morbi

Scavenger
I'm definitely happy with my choice to buy a Wii U over a PS4. I think with all these online policies and subscriptions, people have forgotten the main point of playing games, having fun. Nintendo seems to understand what gaming is all about though, as they always deliver high-quality experiences without milking your wallet with every big game (albeit they do stupid stuff sometimes).

Also RIP Paul Walker, he was my favorite part of the Fast & Furious series.
He was never my favorite, but I hadn't realized that I cared about him until I lost him. I actually shed a tear when I learned of his death. I took it pretty hard for some reason.

Blue_Sunshine

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4382-3301-0014
Man that Sakurai, shows a trailer of Rosalina and makes it ALL about Kirby, he had no place in it, pretty much beats Mario at his own game in a track he's familiar with, during the course of everything it went like
-KIRBY YESZ HES HERE LOOK AT HIM GO F@$# YEAH KIRRBYYYYY!! KIRBY KIRBY KIRBY KIRBY oh and rosalina BACK TO KIRBY YEEEEAH FREAKIN KIRBY LOOK KIRBY YAY KIRBY they end it off saying "Kirby approves this! (^_-)d" cause you need Kirby's approval to be included, **** this guy, biggest narcissist in video game history. :facepalm:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Man that Sakurai, shows a trailer of Rosalina and makes it ALL about Kirby, he had no place in it, pretty much beats Mario at his own game in a track he's familiar with, during the course of everything it went like
-KIRBY YESZ HES HERE LOOK AT HIM GO F@$# YEAH KIRRBYYYYY!! KIRBY KIRBY KIRBY KIRBY oh and rosalina BACK TO KIRBY YEEEEAH FREAKIN KIRBY LOOK KIRBY YAY KIRBY they end it off saying "Kirby approves this! (^_-)d" cause you need Kirby's approval to be included, **** this guy, biggest narcissist in video game history. :facepalm:
I... Umh...

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Thank you for sharing with us about what you thought of the trailer. ^_^

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Sir, such cynicism is quite silly, I would ask you for your own continued health and safety to cease and desist! There does seem to be a large mixed message with Sakurai, though, he hesitated for so long to put his own characters in, and that article he wrote (was it a Famitsu article or an interview?) said that the reason for that is he didn't want to over-represent his series, but now he's including them, or rather just the mascot, in a lot of things. What could it be? It honestly seems like now Sakurai's just having fun, though, Kirby by himself is a lovable guy with loads of HNNNGH and KAWAII, and I think that was a great introduction.

Hmm, I do so love being up this early, now I can go to morning mass with mom if I push my schedule back another hour! I found the coffee pot, and had a teeny fancy cup, an excellent novelty seeing as I do not normally drink such things.
What do do? There's so much opportunity this early! I think I'll go hunt for snowmen while nobody else is on the PlanetSide 2 severs. . .

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I just remember Kirby going a lot faster than Mario and DK, and only for the final stretch. Also, did you forget Kirby loses control of his Warp Star and crashes into Rainbow Road, causing him to tumble and then slide on his face for a good 6 feet?

The trailer was all about Rosalina once she appeared.

And what's this "Kirby approves" bull? Kirby is essentially a baby; as is Luma. It makes sense for Kirby and Luma to play together at some point in the trailer, and it was good character interaction for a simple trailer. I don't see how it's "Kirby's approval" when all he does is dance and high-five with Luma.

Blue_Sunshine

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4382-3301-0014
I was a little annoyed that's all, sorry didn't mean to spark some type of argument, but have a good one you guys, happy new years ^^ thanks. I think I just need some rest I give thanks for your replies even though some weren't any nicer than what I had to say? really I was expecting to be enlightened or shown my errors or something, well I just think different and I don't think you'll understand but anyways peace and PS. I still really freaking hate sakurai!

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I think it's a smash attack. We've had Snake use a projectile with his USmash so it does leave a precedent.

I think you guys might appreciate this rewind theater IGN did on Rosalina. Not the most knowledgeable on fighting games, but decent enough for discussion and they do a decent job dissecting the trailer.
http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/12/19/rewind-theater-super-smash-bros-wii-u-3ds
The only reason i question it is because when you really look at it, it looks like the Luma is punching in the f smash:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

PC Linux gaming Mustard Race. :smirk: :p :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom