• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I was a little annoyed that's all, sorry didn't mean to spark some type of argument, but have a good one you guys, happy new years ^^ thanks. I think I just need some rest I give thanks for your replies even though some weren't any nicer than what I had to say? really I was expecting to be enlightened or shown my errors or something, well I just think different and I don't think you'll understand but anyways peace and PS. I still really freaking hate sakurai!
Sakurai created the video in such a way because Kirby's my main :troll:. But really, how can you hate this man:

D

Deleted member

@Wariofan: Doesn't look like sleeping to me.
We have Marth laying down knocked out on the floor in a pic being labeled a "sleepyhead" but that's definitely not him sleeping.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
He also called Marth a sleepyhead when he had obviously been beaten to the ground, not put to sleep by Jigglypuff.
That was just a little joke to poke fun at Marth. In this picture he literally states that Wii Fit Trainer is sleeping, there's nothing more to it than him describing her sleeping animation, that's the content of the picture, the Marth picture was one of Sakurai's goofy pictures. It'd be straight up lying if Wii Fit Trainer isn't sleeping in this picture.

Zage

Smash Journeyman
Okay, boss. Let me tell you something: You judging any character's potential on an unreleased game is so stupid, I cannot partially fathom it. And you calling Villager a Ness clone is biased as hell. What- do all little boys shoot thunderballs out of their heads?

YOU can throw in the towel, while we await the game's arrival. Your choice- even if the reasons for it are dumb.

Uh.

He was being sarcastic.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
Uh.

He was being sarcastic.
Detecting sarcasm without hearing a person's tone of voice is very very hard to do. Even I have not mastered the art of sarcasm in messages (you can probably tell that by the history I have on this site). What I usually like to do is use the emoticon :p after my sarcastic message to tell the viewer "I am messing with you". Other than maybe an emoticon there is nothing to tell the receiver others are being sarcastic unless they have experience with sarcasm in messages. I do not have experience with sarcasm in messages only in social conversation. Cut him some slack Typhlosion probably doesn't realize it. Can't say I would realize it either :p

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Detecting sarcasm without hearing a person's tone of voice is very very hard to do. Even I have not mastered the art of sarcasm in messages (you can probably tell that by the history I have on this site). What I usually like to do is use the emoticon :p after my sarcastic message to tell the viewer "I am messing with you". Other than maybe an emoticon there is nothing to tell the receiver others are being sarcastic unless they have experience with sarcasm in messages. I do not have experience with sarcasm in messages only in social conversation. Cut him some slack Typhlosion probably doesn't realize it. Can't say I would realize it either :p
Neither did I, honestly.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
This. ****ing this, this, this! Ganondorf ain't no falcon. If he returns, by all that is holy, fix that guy!
Would you be ok with them possibly changing him into the Wind Waker Ganondorf to give him a new moveset (of course having a normal styled alt)?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
It's VERY easy to do. It's called context, interpretation and reading comprehension.

Think about the context of the current discussion, how it started and what's being said by which parties. When a certain comment that stands out seems like it's trying to make some sort of point but is rather exaggerated, look at what's being said, then repeat it again in your head to get a feel of how it'd sound if it was actually spoken. If that doesn't work, speak it out loud for yourself. You'll find that spoken out loud in response to the previous comment, in context of the conversation, it doesn't sound like it's being completely serious or agreeing with the other comment much at all in actuality. You can even try reading it in different tones if that's still not enough.

If you just look at it as nothing but words on the screen, that's all it'll ever be. Saying that it's "too hard" or that there being no faces or emotes makes it too emotionless is nothing but an excuse. You don't need those to understand sarcasm in a story or a satirical news article, so I don't see why you'd need it in a typical conversation on the internet. It's still a social conversation regardless of the method or media used for it. I can understand sarcasm on the net just fine as long as I'm actually using my brain at the moment or don't think too much. Sometimes, I do miss it. When I do, that's more than likely my fault and not the other person. It's not their problem that I couldn't identify their satirical wit, is it?

Anyway, that's my piece on that. I'm not attacking you or anything. I'm just saying that you and many others are just going about things the wrong way.

Ah, and I'm calling you a bunch of lazy whiners too.

Typhl0si0n

Smash Apprentice
Would you be ok with them possibly changing him into the Wind Waker Ganondorf to give him a new moveset (of course having a normal styled alt)?
I don't think it really matters. Ganondorf is Ganondorf. Just make him more original, that's all that matters.

Also about that sarcasm thing: I didn't catch it because there are ignorant people out there, specifically- "I want master chief" and "Mewtwo was replaced by Lucario". Those people. I've seen my fair share of them plus more so trying to be sarcastic about smash bros makes it look believable. I'm sorry I didn't catch it. Now quit crying about it. :rolleyes:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Just beat Pikmin 3. Fantastic game, but the final boss... That final boss man. That thing should be a boss in Super Smash Bros if Sakurai decides to go that route again. I hate that thing.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
So i remade my roster and put Wonder Red back. Rosalina gave me hope for the guy again. It's clear Sakurai cares about how unique a character can be.

Everything else in the roster is the usual stuff. K Rool, Ridley, Palutena, Shulk, etc. (Playing it safe)

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
It's VERY easy to do. It's called context, interpretation and reading comprehension.

Think about the context of the current discussion, how it started and what's being said by which parties. When a certain comment that stands out seems like it's trying to make some sort of point but is rather exaggerated, look at what's being said, then repeat it again in your head to get a feel of how it'd sound if it was actually spoken. If that doesn't work, speak it out loud for yourself. You'll find that spoken out loud in response to the previous comment, in context of the conversation, it doesn't sound like it's being completely serious or agreeing with the other comment much at all in actuality. You can even try reading it in different tones if that's still not enough.

If you just look at it as nothing but words on the screen, that's all it'll ever be. Saying that it's "too hard" or that there being no faces or emotes makes it too emotionless is nothing but an excuse. You don't need those to understand sarcasm in a story or a satirical news article, so I don't see why you'd need it in a typical conversation on the internet. It's still a social conversation regardless of the method or media used for it. I can understand sarcasm on the net just fine as long as I'm actually using my brain at the moment or don't think too much. Sometimes, I do miss it. When I do, that's more than likely my fault and not the other person. It's not their problem that I couldn't identify their satirical wit, is it?

Anyway, that's my piece on that. I'm not attacking you or anything. I'm just saying that you and many others are just going about things the wrong way.

Ah, and I'm calling you a bunch of lazy whiners too.
Well look at you Wave going all philosophical on me... Your parents must be so proud.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
What is the character y'all would like to see most with a whole new moveset in SSB4?

Most people would say Ganondorf, but honestly I just want to see him back to his Melee incarnation in terms of his speed and I wouldn't have a problem with him lol.

Anyway, that's a toughie for me. I am not for major changes to characters movesets and play styles. But I guess I would go with Pokemon Trainer, though not from a moveset point of view, but rather a mechanic point of view. I want to see stamina and forced switching gone and want to see the option to pick between which Pokemon comes out when you press Down Special and would like to see the Pokemon he has have more diverse match-ups. PT is a great idea and a potential top tier character if he weren't limited by horrible mechanics and his Pokemon had a more diverse match-up spread amongst them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom