• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
The most ironic thing just happened to me. As the thunderstorm killed the lights in my house, I decided to play the next chapter in Kid Icarus: Uprising and it just so happened to be Lightning Battle. Then, when I beat the Phosphora the lights came back on. :awesome:

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
The most ironic thing just happened to me. As the thunderstorm killed the lights in my house, I decided to play the next chapter in Kid Icarus: Uprising and it just so happened to be Lightning Battle. Then, when I beat the Phosphora the lights came back on. :awesome:
The newest innovation in interactive gameplay!

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Blaziken

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4038-6625-0560
That must have been shocking!

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
If I would've known it was raining bee puns in here, I would've put on my yellow jacket.

D

Deleted member

^ Agreed on Sony. I'm just waiting for a certain time as far as getting a Wii U though.

Realizing how true that comparison of the gaming industry is to politics now just makes me more sad than I can even care to express right now.
Yeah, talking about the reality of today's game industry is not fun; as a matter of fact, it took me a day to get my previous post in. The worst thing about this is that gamers of today and of the future will have to pay the price for not standing up for themselves. One way or another, this situation we're in is going to end ugly. One of these things will happen:

1. Horrible trends are fully established due to gamers being conditioned to accept them. Gaming becomes a bad imitation of Hollywood and the integrity of video games dies. At this point, video games should just be called interactive media.

2. The AAA game industry crashes and gaming sees a serious decline. It doesn't die, but lives on through indie games and eventually rebuild itself. Bad trends are killed off and gaming refreshes itself. It will be a long time before the game industry becomes healthy again, though.

The second scenario is what we should hope for, even if we won't like it at first. Because I shudder at the thought of the first scenario happening.

Unfortunately, while gamers are very much capable of standing up for themselves and stopping these bad trends before one of these two scenarios happen, I don't have much faith in gamers to do this. Firstly, such an effort would have to be absolutely monumental (beyond any level we have seen in movement on gaming, over 10,000x of Operation: Rainfall) and target the main source of the problem; greed. Problem is, gamers are only going after the effect of the problem, not the cause (which is why online passes dying out does not amount to much of anything). Secondly, gamers would be forced to sacrifice a lot in order to stop these bad trends. However, too many gamers are selfish and aren't willing to give up what would be required for such a change.

So yeah, not much we can do other than avoid games that hurt the integrity of gaming and support ones we're interested in that are pro-gamers.

All I really want to do is to pick up a game I want and enjoy it. I don't really want to spend time worrying about if games have features that limits enjoyment of games. Games should be a way to escape from reality, not remind us of it.

I've said enough. Now if only my phone would log off Smashboards...

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It's too late for me to really comprehend all that (****in 5 AM WHAAAAAAT?) but I honestly hate the direction the industry's heading in, and am trying to hold on to the few remaining companies I know to be pretty amazingly solid. ****in Persona 5 hype!

Hopefully we'll have a crash some time soon, and everything will reset, otherwise it's going to be a bumpy ride...

Not really hyped for Persona 5. Er... Am I missing something? I only watched that short trailer by the way.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Well, as a huge fan of both games who'll maim anyone who says otherwise, I'm hyped to finally know it exists in more than "it's being worked on" and generally when it'll be here.

And I'm replaying FES. My hype is building. Just a year to go. (Still more to go on than Smash 4's release date!)

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I feel inspired after the latest trailer.

The sound of a torch being lit is heard, and a flame suddenly flickers in front of the screen. The image pulls away to reveal Link holding a lantern, looking around the dark cave he finds himself in. Kirby and Mario wander in the cave courtesy of the flame of Link's lantern. Samus is also in this dark cave, but her visor illuminates much of the path before her as she trails ahead of the party. Not much can be seen except for the faint glow of Link's torch and Samus' visor. As all the characters continue walking through the cave, Kirby decides to wander off in the direction of a rock that intrigues him. Kirby prods the rock until it becomes dislodged from a set of larger rocks holding the walls together, causing a collapse in the cavern and send the party helplessly tumbling down a chasm.

The party awakens themselves to a pitch black area darker than the cave above, and with Link's flame out, the only source of illumination is Samus' visor, but the light only creates enough light for everyone to see each other. Suddenly, as every character turns forward, two piercing yellow lights emerge from the void. A loud shriek fills the area and suddenly, lava begins pouring out of the previously shrouded walls. The area is lit by the flames, revealing the Geothermal Power Plant platform in Pyrosphere; and the source of the unsettling noise: Ridley. He begins flapping his wings and prepares to dive into the party of heroes: Ridley, Prepares to Attack.

Smashiny

Smash Journeyman
I feel inspired after the latest trailer.

The sound of a torch being lit is heard, and a flame suddenly flickers in front of the screen. The image pulls away to reveal Link holding a lantern, looking around the dark cave he finds himself in. Kirby and Mario wander in the cave courtesy of the flame of Link's lantern. Samus is also in this dark cave, but her visor illuminates much of the path before her as she trails ahead of the party. Not much can be seen except for the faint glow of Link's torch and Samus' visor. As all the characters continue walking through the cave, Kirby decides to wander off in the direction of a rock that intrigues him. Kirby prods the rock until it becomes dislodged from a set of larger rocks holding the walls together, causing a collapse in the cavern and send the party helplessly tumbling down a chasm.

The party awakens themselves to a pitch black area darker than the cave above, and with Link's flame out, the only source of illumination is Samus' visor, but the light only creates enough light for everyone to see each other. Suddenly, as every character turns forward, two piercing yellow lights emerge from the void. A loud shriek fills the area and suddenly, lava begins pouring out of the previously shrouded walls. The area is lit by the flames, revealing the Geothermal Power Plant platform in Pyrosphere; and the source of the unsettling noise: Ridley. He begins flapping his wings and prepares to dive into the party of heroes: Ridley, Prepares to Attack.

Awesome, that would build so much hype :p

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Even though my hype for Rosalina and Luma has settled down, I still have the feeling to play as Rosalina in all the games she is currently playable in. I didn't care about Rosalina all that much before that trailer, (I cared for Luma though), and now she's feels like one of my favorite Mario characters.

I want more trailers of character's that aren't the most popular and/or I personally don't care about so I can start caring about them.

I personally don't care about Ridley, but I would very much like a trailer showing him being awesome.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
FAIR WARNING!!! This is completely unrelated just like the bees...

I would like to share this new parody movie trailer I found because everyone hates what Google + is doing to Youtube

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Damn, Rosalina is huge based on the Picture of the Day. I wonder if a certain Goddess of Light might have the same sized if she were to be confirmed.

D

Deleted member

Might be. Bowser must be thrilled to finally be able to have someone be eye-level with him without having to hunch over. :troll:

D

Deleted member

And then someone like K. Rool or he who shall not be named comes in and makes Bowser feel small.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom