• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I think Luma has an attack for every attack Rosalina has. Luma was shown to have it's own jabs and the like.
Yeah that is what it seems to be for me too.
The Luma even has aerials too you see the Luma uppercutting in the Up air.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The only reason i question it is because when you really look at it, it looks like the Luma is punching in the f smash:
Okay, so it's not a projectile, but it looks like that if the two are together, her Kikoken can serve as a good poke.
Yeah that is what it seems to be for me too.
The Luma even has aerials too you see the Luma uppercutting in the Up air.
Good eye there.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Okay, so it's not a projectile, but it looks like that if the two are together, her Kikoken can serve as a good poke.
I wonder if the Luma is able to to have that sort of reach when Rosalina is at the edge of the stage.
If so, then Rosalina is going to be a nasty edge guarder too

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
That looks like it just be utilt also, since we can't see below their feet and it loos like BF so they could be on the top platform.
It could be...could be. The only reason why I'm assuming it's an Up Air is because the Villager also reuses the same move for his Up Air and Down Air.
But having the camera zoom out would be helpful; Maybe we'll get a daily pic to clear this up in the future

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
The Star Bit move that the Red Luma uses in the trailer isn't exclusive to it. Just thought I should say. The Yellow Luma uses it to destroy Villager's tree.

"Shion"

Smash Ace
NNID
Shion_Sensei
Man that Sakurai, shows a trailer of Rosalina and makes it ALL about Kirby, he had no place in it, pretty much beats Mario at his own game in a track he's familiar with, during the course of everything it went like
-KIRBY YESZ HES HERE LOOK AT HIM GO F@$# YEAH KIRRBYYYYY!! KIRBY KIRBY KIRBY KIRBY oh and rosalina BACK TO KIRBY YEEEEAH FREAKIN KIRBY LOOK KIRBY YAY KIRBY they end it off saying "Kirby approves this! (^_-)d" cause you need Kirby's approval to be included, **** this guy, biggest narcissist in video game history. :facepalm:
I think I like this guy.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Man that Sakurai, shows a trailer of Rosalina and makes it ALL about Kirby, he had no place in it, pretty much beats Mario at his own game in a track he's familiar with, during the course of everything it went like
-KIRBY YESZ HES HERE LOOK AT HIM GO F@$# YEAH KIRRBYYYYY!! KIRBY KIRBY KIRBY KIRBY oh and rosalina BACK TO KIRBY YEEEEAH FREAKIN KIRBY LOOK KIRBY YAY KIRBY they end it off saying "Kirby approves this! (^_-)d" cause you need Kirby's approval to be included, **** this guy, biggest narcissist in video game history. :facepalm:
To be fair, Kirby is on a flying device called a warp star. It's not hard to believe it would be faster than a go-kart. Also, he gets completely shrekd by Rosalina and falls on his face. Granted, there was a little too much Kirby in the trailer for my tastes, but it worked with the star-theme, and with the similarities between him and Luma. We'll see if the other newcomer trailers have Kirby as well. If too many of them do, then I'll start to get mad. We'll see.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
At this point, I just want to see more Pokemon related stuff. All we have are Pikachu (who was obviously coming back), Xerneas (and nobody knows what it does yet), and Poke Balls (which we knew were coming back).

No stages, no characters, only one Poke Ball Pokemon (if Xerneas is one), and Pikachu's only appearance in trailers is the E3 trailer for a good 5 seconds.

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
I'm becoming less hyped for this game i haven't seen anything actually appealing yet.
Yea dude mega man sucks, villager looks like a ness clone, and rosalina's unique creative mechanics are boring as boring could be. Lets just hibernate until smash brothers 5 comes out because I'm throwing in the towel now.

Renji64

Smash Lord
Yea dude mega man sucks, villager looks like a ness clone, and rosalina's unique creative mechanics are boring as boring could be. Lets just hibernate until smash brothers 5 comes out because I'm throwing in the towel now.
I meant for a person who enjoyed melee there is no reason for me to touch this so far other than a few characters on the roster and HD visuals.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
How is Villager a Ness clone? They don't share any attacks in any way.

Typhl0si0n

Smash Apprentice
Okay, boss. Let me tell you something: You judging any character's potential on an unreleased game is so stupid, I cannot partially fathom it. And you calling Villager a Ness clone is biased as hell. What- do all little boys shoot thunderballs out of their heads?

YOU can throw in the towel, while we await the game's arrival. Your choice- even if the reasons for it are dumb.

Typhl0si0n

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I want to see more Pokemon representation, too. I mean, I'm pretty set with Rosalina, but **** man- X and Y came out, and literally nothing was revealed other than the back of Xerneas' head. I really hope we see more Pokemon stuff- even if it's just poke ball Pokemon. Why didn't they reveal anything, anyways? The hype would of been tough as hell.

I thought I was very obvious and didn't need to type "/sarcasm"
I smell some serious bs. :rolleyes:

And even if you didn't mean it, you should of pointed it out.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Why didn't they reveal anything, anyways? The hype would of been tough as hell.
I've heard it was because Gamefreak didn't want Sakurai to reveal anything big. At least apparently in the Japanese text he said that he wasn't allowed to reveal anything. Or something along those lines..... Could have got my info wrong though....

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I've heard it was because Gamefreak didn't want Sakurai to reveal anything big. At least apparently in the Japanese text he said that he wasn't allowed to reveal anything. Or something along those lines..... Could have got my info wrong though....
I wish they had at least given us Jigglypuff. That way, I wouldn't have to keep hearing all the detractors.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Mega Man is awesome, Ness looks nothing like villager playstyle, and Rosalina looks to be completely unique as a new character shouls. I figured my sarcasm was easily read through any tone. I guess not.
Nah I knew you were being sarcastic as soon as you mentioned that Villager was a Ness clone. No one can be that stupid..... Well apart from the Miiverse morons but eh.....

Typhl0si0n

Smash Apprentice
Really? Damn. It's got to be good than. I wouldn't understand why they would do that if it was Jigglypuff...

...Mewtwo?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah they could have just revealed Jigglypuff instead if they had to hide something bigger but oh well... Guess we will have to wait a bit longer and see what they have got in store for us in terms of Pokemon.... :/

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Yeah they could have just revealed Jigglypuff instead if they had to hide something bigger but oh well... Guess we will have to wait a bit longer and see what they have got in store for us in terms of Pokemon.... :/
I remember in October, I expected a Poke Ball Pokemon to be shown soon shortly after Xerneas.

Nothing two months later.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
They did kind of hint at Jigglypuff on the 11th by showing Wii Fit Trainer's butt sleeping, and given how there's nothing around her it's probably Jiggs who put her to sleep and then quickly ran away from the screen's frame. I don't really see why they couldn't have revealed her though, maybe they didn't want to reveal another character in such a short period after Sonic's reveal or something.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
They did kind of hint at Jigglypuff on the 11th by showing Wii Fit Trainer's butt sleeping, and given how there's nothing around her it's probably Jiggs who put her to sleep and then quickly ran away from the screen's frame. I don't really see why they couldn't have revealed her though, maybe they didn't want to reveal another character in such a short period after Sonic's reveal or something.
I suppose you may be right, we did get a few character reveals after another in quite a short while during that time (With Peach, Toon Link and Sonic) so I suppose Sakurai may have wanted to slow it down a bit or else people would have probably expected another veteran about every two weeks..... :/

Typhl0si0n

Smash Apprentice
Maybe the big news is that Jigglypuff got the boot and they didn't want to dehype X and Y because of it. :troll: Although I doubt it would of anyways. I dunno- but Gamefreak obviously has sosomething big for us. It has got to be Mewtwo. I swear, it's a feeling inside my stomach just itching. If it isn't Mewtwo, than who?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

I personally think they didn't announce anything with Pokemon X and Y because that game was hyped as hyped could get. It really didn't need any help unlike Pikmin 3 and Windwaker HD.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I personally think they didn't announce anything with Pokemon X and Y because that game was hyped as hyped could get. It really didn't need any help unlike Pikmin 3 and Windwaker HD.
But Jigglypuff couldn't have caused THAT much more hype, right? :troll:

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
I'm becoming less hyped for this game i haven't seen anything actually appealing yet.
The only thing I've seen from you is negativity and pessimism. Honestly. You haven't even been "hyped" for the game, what with all the "It looks like Brawl v2, and Brawl should go suck a **** and die in a fire" mentality I've seen from you. You act like Brawl is the spawn of the devil (or god, considering.) It gets really annoying and I can't really stand it anymore. Ok, I've vented for today.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
What exactly would hype you? Since you have shown little interested in characters and stages which are the two main things they generally try to hype up, they generally aren't going to hype mechincs since it's notsomething that makes for interesting video or hype material. So I'm not entirely sure what exactly would get you excited for it or if it would be possible. I'm actually quite curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom