• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Actually, if Sakurai does what I believe he is capable of doing with them, Mii might just be the most exciting newcomer of them all.
It's not that I'm doubting that they could have an amazing moveset because they have loads of potential in that regard. It's that there is no actual character given to the Mii's. They're just reflections of people and placeholders for actual characters to me. Nothing about them makes me excited. There's no personality or history there. I mean, take Villager for example. We had to practically give him his own personality and even then he is less generic than Mii because there's only two default Villagers (female and male) while there's a million and 1 different Miis. But at least with him, his avatar status was targeted towards his game alone. Miis just seem to be the default avatar for all things Nintendo that don't actually have a main character...which will always make me see them as such instead of actually characters.

Don't get me wrong, Mii has every right to be in this game. I'm just not going to get excited about it.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
In Hyrule warriors, who the hell are those footsoldier type enemies suppose to be?

They aren't Moblins, are they? Moblins are suppose to be bulk of ganondorf's army, soldiers made in his image.

They are ugly as hell, and not in the right way

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Pic of the Day: Rosalina and Luma can be right by each other or set farther apart. They're both controlled by the player, so a smash attack can be done from far off. Remote control all the way!

sounds like Remote Control Luma is a B move?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
In Hyrule warriors, who the hell are those footsoldier type enemies suppose to be?

They aren't Moblins, are they? Moblins are suppose to be bulk of ganondorf's army, soldiers made in his image.

They are ugly as hell, and not in the right way
They might be Bokoblins. They look quite odd, though. Perhaps everything went a design change for this series? They even gave Link some odd armor in the trailers. King Dodongo looked more armored, too.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They might be Bokoblins. They look quite odd, though. Perhaps everything went a design change for this series? They even gave Link some odd armor in the trailers. King Dodongo looked more armored, too.
Apparently they are.

Skyward Sword design. I never played Skyward Sword so I didn't know they changed the design.

They look strange

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Nintendo games using a font should totally become a meme, like what they did with Hyrule Warrior

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Nooo her Galaxgina is too powerful for my DONG!

Pic of the Day: Rosalina and Luma can be right by each other or set farther apart. They're both controlled by the player, so a smash attack can be done from far off. Remote control all the way!

sounds like Remote Control Luma is a B move?
No, he's saying that because of the ability to set your distance between Rosalina and Luma, you can do a Smash attack with Luma at a distance relative to Rosalina. Rosalina does one at the same time, hence the remote control analogy.

Luma: MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA MUDA!!!
Luma:"ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAAA!"

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I wonder how exactly will you control the Luma. All we know that one of her specials involve sending her Luma forward and make him attack at a distance, but I feel there's more to the Luma that what can be judged from the trailers...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I think those two GIFs I posted earlier give us a general idea of how she works. Expect Rosalina to whiff moves while Luma lands hits or vice versa.

Given this and the Sonic trailer, I have a feeling vertical launchers are going to play a larger part in the game's combat.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
It's clear that Sakurai is at least trying to insert a combo system in this game. Rosalina & Luma confirm this, they're a character BASED on combos. I hope Sakurai is re-working Olimar & Pikmin's moveset to make it similar to that.
Also Diddy & Dixie should be another new tag team character.

It's clear that Sakurai is at least trying to insert a combo system in this game. Rosalina & Luma confirm this, they're a character BASED on combos. I hope Sakurai is re-working Olimar & Pikmin's moveset to make it similar to that.
Also Diddy & Dixie should be another new tag team character.
Noooooooooooooo. His playstyle fits his character and even his actual gameplay

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Here is a funny thought: over on NeoGAF, in their roster prediction competition thread, more people put Tails and Rayman on their rosters than Rosalina.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I would like Diddy to be separate also, but having Diddy & Dixie that plays like a hybrid of
Zelda/Shiek (Where you can swap between the 2 kongs for different movesets) + IC (Both Kongs moves may rely or preform better when the other Kong is present) fits too well, not just for smash, but it fits the playstyle that the DKC games are known for.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
I read the title on that...

i did not want to read it further.

answer: no. moving on.

@Kuma. i believe there is still plenty of room to speculate. else, would you mind offering/speculating what you believe each of her B moves are?

and NO MORE DUAL CHARACTERS! Diddy x Dixie... the only way i would like this is if their tag system is like DKC2 and the one not fighting cannot get hit... they become a background character and follow the player wherever they go... an Ice climbers situation is too much like Ice Climbers.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I wouldn't mind Mii but to be honest, I would rather see Wandering Heroes from StreetPass Mii Plaza (Find Mii)... they could be another duo character... a swordscat Mii and a swordsdog Mii with elemental magic such as fire, water, ice, sand, and poison.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I wouldn't mind Mii but to be honest, I would rather see Wandering Heroes from StreetPass Mii Plaza (Find Mii)... they could be another duo character... a swordscat Mii and a swordsdog Mii with elemental magic such as fire, water, ice, sand, and poison.
That's never going to happen. If Nintendo wants something Mii-related taking a spot on the roster, it's going to be the Mii and nothing else. Those heroes could work as a part of the moveset though, sure.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I would like Diddy to be separate also, but having Diddy & Dixie that plays like a hybrid of
Zelda/Shiek (Where you can swap between the 2 kongs for different movesets) + IC (Both Kongs moves may rely or preform better when the other Kong is present) fits too well, not just for smash, but it fits the playstyle that the DKC games are known for.

I would rather see that kind of gimmick with FEA reps myself to show off Pair Up mechanic present in FEA. Diddy has been shown off already as a stand alone character and I feel like he should stay that way now. I just don't think it is a good idea to give a already stand alone vet a partner. Would rather see it in a new chatacter(s), preferably fin FEA characters but I could also be fine with a Dixie/Cranky combo or something.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
That's never going to happen. If Nintendo wants something Mii-related taking a spot on the roster, it's going to be the Mii and nothing else. Those heroes could work as a part of the moveset though, sure.
I never said Wandering Heroes were going to get in... I was only expressing my desire and reason why I would like to play as Wandering Heroes in Smash...

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I would rather see that kind of gimmick with FEA reps myself to show off Pair Up mechanic present in FEA. Diddy has been shown off already as a stand alone character and I feel like he should stay that way now. I just don't think it is a good idea to give a already stand alone vet a partner. Would rather see it in a new chatacter(s), preferably fin FEA characters but I could also be fine with a Dixie/Cranky combo or something.
DKC has had that tag-team mechanic from the jump Fire Emblem only just recently implemented pair battles (I could be wrong FE connoisseurs can verify this) So to me a tag-team playstyle works.
But an tag FE team would be okay to see. But that is the last franchise i would want it seen done with

Even if the issue was with Diddy not being a stand alone character Dixie could always be paired up with Kiddy or even Cranky if Sakurai wanted too.

I think a Fire Emblem tag team is one of the worst ideas for a character I've heard as of now, really.
Cloud Strife getting in is the worst thing that can happen in the history of every form of entertainment.

If any FF character's getting in, Terra please

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Dunno, Diddy + Dixie still sounds terrible to me, especially how well Diddy worked in Brawl.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Cloud Strife getting in is the worst thing that can happen in the history of every form of entertainment.

If any FF character's getting in, Terra please
Yeah well I meant out of the "reasonable" ideas. I wasn't counting Master Chief and anime characters obviously.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Dunno, Diddy + Dixie still sounds terrible to me, especially how well Diddy worked in Brawl.
Diddy's moveset would be almost the same. The only difference would be that his A attacks would be double like Ice Climbers' and his down-B (which was terrible in Brawl anyway) would become the switch to Dixie.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Eh. I don't want Diddy to be paired up with Dixie. His Brawl moveset is fine. :/

Maybe Kiddy and Dixie, but I'm not too big on the idea of pairing up characters who can also work fine just fine on their own.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Eh. I don't want Diddy to be paired up with Dixie. His Brawl moveset is fine. :/

Maybe Kiddy and Dixie, but I'm not too big on the idea of pairing up characters who can also work fine just fine on their own.
Agreed i dont want that either i would want cranky kong or Kutorama fighting by themself not with other characters hopefully this is only for rosalina

mimgrim

Smash Hero
DKC has had that tag-team mechanic from the jump Fire Emblem only just recently implemented pair battles (I could be wrong FE connoisseurs can verify this) So to me a tag-team playstyle works.
But an tag FE team would be okay to see. But that is the last franchise i would want it seen done with

Even if the issue was with Diddy not being a stand alone character Dixie could always be paired up with Kiddy or even Cranky if Sakurai wanted too.

Yes the mechanic is only recently for FE being done in FEA but it was heavily advertise as a big part of the game is basically required to be Lunatic and espically Lunatic+ mode. I would rather see the gimmick done through FEA characters mainly because of how big a FE fan I am. But I am mostly against the idea of having Diddy be paired up with Dixie, I myself find that to be one of the worst ideas for suggestions in all honesty, I would be fine if Dixe got paired up with another new character, but not a vet that is already stand alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom