• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
She wears what almost looks like a nightgown

Too bad it isn't a see through one

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Here's something interesting.

Who here is aware of the youtube copyright policy change recently?

From a game of telephone that game "journalists" (I put that in quotation marks because they aren't real journalists, REAL journalists would get the truth - NOT spew bull**** from their mouths) people are blaming the whole thing solely on Nintendo

Anything to hate on the big N these days, huh?

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

From a game of telephone that game "journalists" (I put that in quotation marks because they aren't real journalists, REAL journalists would get the truth - NOT spew bull**** from their mouths) people are blaming the whole thing solely on Nintendo

Yeah, from what I've heard the whole clusterf*** is more the fault of the RIAA and YouTube themselves.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Yeah man that costume is pretty boss.
I really hope this and possibly Dr. Luigi (Finally passed medical school? took you long enough:smirk: ) make it in as alt costumes.
But more so the Link depressing, because it looks clutch.

Yeah a lot of the people i have been subscribed to have been affected by it.
While there are instances where Nintendo themselves are claiming videos most of the issues caused are due to YT's bot security.

Sucks too, because I was planning on making SSB4 commentary/jokey videos (Kind like what shofu does with Pokemon), when the game comes out.
I was planning on buying an elgato capture card for Christmas and everything.
But this shake up, kind of made me rethink the idea, I hear rumors that next year other things might be implemented for the worse, but I'm just going to have to wait and see.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
One thing this makes me wonder about is whether or not that Rumour about Pac-Man, Mii, and Little Mac still holds any water.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I hadn't even heard about Nintendo being involved until just now

I heard about Capcom, Unisoft, even Blizzard, but the fact people are blaming Nintendo solely was a big surprise

I guess I'm more informed in ACTUAL news unlike the general public which seem to be more informed on bull**** news

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Remember when I said the biggest thing I was looking forward to was the trailers?

Oh man. Oh man. Oh man.

That was...so beautiful.

That trailer has made me happily accept Rosalina over bowser jr.

I'm so glad I decided to skip everything and go straight to the nintendo direct, (which was amazing as well).

There are several things I love about this trailer.

The first is how it kind of makes you think it would be two different games before it showed it was about smash. (Unless you saw the Smash website version).

Second, the visuals. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Thirdly, the kirby and luma interactions.

Lastly…MY GOD DOES ROSALINA LOOK AMAZING!!! I mean seriously, so pretty, so beautiful. Can't…Stop…looking…

Screen Shot 2013-12-18 at 6.02.41 PM.png

Now...if I would say something negative, it would be that we just get Gusty Garden and not a remix of Gusty Garden, but meh, still a fantastic song.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I do expect to see Little Mac, Pac-man...and........Miis (unfortunately)
But not because of the rumors, but because of recent articles and daily pictures.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I'm not going to expect anything in regards to that rumor at this point, because the rumor said they'd be revealed with the rest of the game at E3 and it's now December, going into 2014.
Remember when I said the biggest thing I was looking forward to was the trailers?

Oh man. Oh man. Oh man.

That was...so beautiful.
I can't stop watching it. It's so good. Now I'm anxious for more newcomers so we can get more of stuff like that.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
My opinions on the latest ****:

BEFORE watching the trailer:

Lol really Rosalina, she wasn't even playable in Mario Galaxy and she really makes no sense being playable in 3D world
Lol Bowser Jr is out

AFTER watching the trailer:

YO JJBA CHAR
YO SHE IS SO HYPE OMFG I LIKE HER NOW
***** still replaced Bowser Jr though so **** her

(Because ANOTHER Mario character being added in the same Smash game is pretty damn unlikely)

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
That was back then though, when games were tested as if they didn't NEED very much testing, and Melee was sort of rushed iirc as one of its first huge releases.

I think.

It'd be really lame if they added two-three Mario chars imo. I'd be all for still sticking BJ in, but 5 is enough for one series, even if it's the biggest lol

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
As much as i love the creativity that Rosalina brings to the roster... I rather not receive another Mario character.
I'm sure Bowser Jr. & Toad could potentially be just as interesting as Rosalina, i just would like to see some love shown towards some other franchises.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Also, severely disappointed that the Megaman stage won't be tourney viable.

It's so ****ing awesome...I was like "holy **** a neutral stage that is actually really ****ing appealing no matter what"

then

"****, dammit sakurai"

D

Deleted member

How many more newcomers (not veterans) do you guys think we'll see?
I am 99% sure on us getting a Donkey Kong newcomer and a retro rep at this point, so at least two more. I am also 99% sure on Mewtwo and Roy/new Fire Emblem character. If Melee cuts count, we will see at least four more. If the Pac-Man/Little Mac/Mii rumor is true, then I expect at least eleven newcomers. I also think Ridley is likely going to be included as well.

I am expecting anywhere from twelve to fifteen newcomers for this game with minimal to no cuts.

I'm not, but if I were to ever upload videos (like actually good ones, not ones filmed from my terrible webcam), I'll take a look.

I have learned to not trust journalism from the gaming medium on most big sites. In hindsight, gaming journalism was never good, but they have become especially horrible over the past generation. Today, sites like IGN and Gamespot are extended PRs for big video game companies and they do not like it when these websites go against their backs and when that happens, websites get blacklisted and they suffer. Nintendo from my knowledge doesn't engage in controlling websites (though I could be wrong). This allows for big websites to go after Nintendo relentlessly and not always with genuine intentions.

I also feel that the hate on Nintendo is much different from the hate on companies like Capcom, Square Enix, Activision, EA and Microsoft. With the latter, these companies have committed many acts that have infuriated fans and have been strongly involved in shady practices. While Nintendo is far from perfect, they are much less deeply involved in shady practices and are still one of the best gaming companies out there. There are a lot of justified criticism for Nintendo, but those who want Nintendo to fix decades-long mistakes are frustrated fans. Those who hate Nintendo are mostly Sony/Microsoft fanboys who want Nintendo out of the home console business for nothing more than console wars purposes (which is why you will see Sony/Microsoft fanboys swarm NeoGAF Nintendo threads to pretty much celebrate Nintendo's failures). You can't say the same for other companies.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Lol really Rosalina, she wasn't even playable in Mario Galaxy and she really makes no sense being playable in 3D world
Lol Bowser Jr is out

***** still replaced Bowser Jr though so **** her

(Because ANOTHER Mario character being added in the same Smash game is pretty damn unlikely)
Bowser Jr. wasn't even the main villain in Sunshine (lolBowser) and makes no sense as a continuing villain character. :troll:
I may agree that Rosalina isn't important and she's just being shoved into everything because Galaxy fans, but she does have a unique looking playstyle, and that softens it up for me. Bowser Jr. isn't important either, would have been an even worse choice than Rosalina (at least we know that one rumor is false now).

If anything, this means that we're getting a lot more characters than anyone expected (the roster will probably be 50, at least) and as long as there are no cuts from Brawl, there'll be nothing to worry about. I've gotta say though, I've really lost a bit of hype that I probably won't get back unless K. Rool shows up. Though now I guess we're getting Cranky because of Rosalina. :troll:

Something small that's a bit bothersome though, we have five Mario characters officially confirmed, while everyone else (besides Link and Toon Link) is flying solo. We could use a few more veteran reveals, Sakurai. Diddy? Meta Knight, D3? Zelda? Anyone? This is looking like Super Smash Mario.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Bowser Jr. wasn't even the main villain in Sunshine (lolBowser) and makes no sense as a continuing villain character. :troll:
I may agree that Rosalina isn't important and she's just being shoved into everything because Galaxy fans, but she does have a unique looking playstyle, and that softens it up for me. Bowser Jr. isn't important either, would have been an even worse choice than Rosalina (at least we know that one rumor is false now).
He's been a boss in three very recent Mario games (was still a huge part of Sunshine). Playable in many other games including older titles. And already has a hell of a lot of fighting potential in a game like this (Jr/Shadow Mario transform as everyone's eluded to, etc). He's the only "true" son of Bowser, the GREATEST NINTENDO VILLAIN. You think they'd make him an important icon, but apparently they don't want to.

Rosalina was in two games (before the newest Mario Kart came around). And for whatever reason, playable in the game she wasn't even referenced in.

I'm not saying Rosalina sucks or anything, I like her now, but c'mon. They're definitely shoving. I'm fine with that, but seriously lol

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
Honestly, the only reason I'm not completely furious about Rosalina over another Mario rep is because she and Luma are mad adorbs actually.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I personally think we're looking at Rosalina representation wrong. Instead of thinking of Rosalina is another mario character so she loses some points, think what does Rosalina represents to justify her existence over others like Toad, Paper Mario, Bowser Jr.

And I think the answer is simple if you look at the mario roster before Rosalina.

When did all the Mario characters first appear? And I'm even including Dr. Mario here.

The NES. Every single one of them are characters from the old days.

Looking at the other possibility:

Toad, Waluigi, Paper Mario, and to a lot lesser degree bowser jr.

While Toad has the benefit of being apart of the nes classics, it could also potential cripple him because he doesn't offer anything new in terms of representation.

Paper mario and Waluigi are from the N64.

Now it's between Bowser Jr. And Rosalina in terms of modern era, and Rosalina won according to Sakurai.

Now, this isn't about relevance, this is about representation.

I personally think that Rosalina, coming off what was considered a revolutionary system and game, fits the modern era of the Mario series perfectly to justify her existence as another mario character.

Spycic

Smash Rookie
Luma and Rosalina confirmed, you control Luma (who commands Rosalina) instead of Rosalina commanding Luma

Zelda/Sheik effect

OP
It looks like luma died at one point in the trailer ._.

To clarify; at one point durin actual gameplay, Luma was knocked off the stage, and just seemed to go "poof."

Doesn't look like luma controls Rosalina.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
He's been a boss in three very recent Mario games (was still a huge part of Sunshine). Playable in many other games including older titles. And already has a hell of a lot of fighting potential in a game like this (Jr/Shadow Mario transform as everyone's eluded to, etc).
So we should include Gohma as a Zelda rep? It is a reoccurring boss after all. :troll:
Potential? Tiny Bowser that can transform into a Mario clone, and he has a paintbrush. Talk about great.
Not trying to put him down, just saying that Rosalina is an infinitely better choice. I still don't like him though, he's about as annoying as Scrappy Doo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom