• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I was helping you guys would be able to refresh my memory... lol
It might in that Persona fighting game i'm not sure haven't seen too much of it.

All i remember was that it was a dude that could summon a shadow or a blob or something in the fight to help combo opponents
Eddie from guilty gear.

Your welcome, I play alot of fighting games. You said a shadow right?

Here's a vid, I think he's who your talking about. maybe.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
I was helping you guys would be able to refresh my memory... lol
It might in that Persona fighting game i'm not sure haven't seen too much of it.

All i remember was that it was a dude that could summon a shadow or a blob or something in the fight to help combo opponents
EVERYONE in Persona 4 arena(and almost everyone in Jojo's bizarre adventure) can summon a familiar to help them fight/combo and such. No one really has a blob though.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
So hey, A Link Between Worlds releases in Japan next week. Anybody still believe we're getting a Zelda reveal. Maybe a three princess deal.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
[10:35:29 AM] HeroMystic: Because now I HAVE to get smash 4
[10:35:42 AM] Semjax: Didn't you already HAVE to get Smash 4?
[10:36:01 AM] HeroMystic: No, I was gonna hold out to see if it's tournament-viable or not
[10:36:12 AM] HeroMystic: But ROSALINA
[10:36:17 AM] Semjax: Hehe.
[10:36:33 AM] Semjax: And I don't see why it wouldn't be, it can use the Classic Controller, and the pacing is between Melee and Brawl
[10:36:43 AM] Semjax: So unless they have like nothing but broken characters...
[10:36:53 AM] Semjax: I don't see why it couldn't be Tournament Viable
[10:36:54 AM] HeroMystic: stfu
[10:36:56 AM] HeroMystic: Rosalina
[10:37:00 AM] Semjax: :X
[10:37:59 AM] HeroMystic: She will float down upon all you lowly mortals and make you burn from her elegance and majestic beauty

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Eddie from guilty gear.

Your welcome, I play alot of fighting games. You said a shadow right?

Here's a vid, I think he's who your talking about. maybe.
That's the dude! Thanks i was gonna loose sleep trying to remember that dude.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
So hey, A Link Between Worlds releases in Japan next week. Anybody still believe we're getting a Zelda reveal. Maybe a three princess deal.
Wouldn't be the first time we've received a character in a weeks time i believe.
Zelda is one of the characters I'm interested in seeing in action.

"Shion"

Smash Ace
NNID
Shion_Sensei
Y'all notice how slowly her attacks came out?

Does it say something about he speed of the game overall or just HER?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Rosalina?

Well, I'll be damned....

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
First Koro-Sensei in J-Stars, now this? I'd say both characters are massive trolls in their respective games. :troll:

But anyways, I'm sorry for doubting Rosalina's inclusion at first since I didn't want to jump on the bandwagon at first. Who the **** cares, I can beat the **** out of people with a Luma now.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I wonder if she will need her Luma to do execute her launch star recovery.

EDIT: I gotta say I really want Link's Dynasty Warriors alt costume.

Malion

Smash Ace
I love that we are getting a new female character...

but dang Mario confirmed for having that dumb water pistol again.

Also I wonder if the Rainbow Road bit was a real stage or just for the video?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I love that we are getting a new female character...

but dang Mario confirmed for having that dumb water pistol again.

Also I wonder if the Rainbow Road bit was a real stage or just for the video?
I think that was revealed back at E3 when Sakurai did that 1v1 live demo:
[collapse=Go to 0:35] Better without the Audio
[/collapse]

Malion

Smash Ace
I hope Hyrule Warriors allows play of more characters than just Link... maybe Zelda with a sword? Warrior Tingle?

Shroob

Sup?
So, can we assume Ice Climbers now, since it looks like they got the multiple AI figured out... Or is everyone going to jump onto the "ROSALINA IS REPLACING THEM" crazy train.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I hope Hyrule Warriors allows play of more characters than just Link... maybe Zelda with a sword? Warrior Tingle?
I know right, there's a ton of possibilities. Maybe we'll even see Chrom as a guest character, and have that reveal coincide with a Smash one.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Very much probable. I hope for Sheik.

Also, it clearly doesn't follow the timeline, so they can really do whatever they want with it. Watch it having Vaati, Zant, Ghirahim, Groose and who knows how many more being playable. From what I read, Dinasty Warriors has always been a franchise with a lot of playable characters.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

I just died of laughter thanks to this image. This actually originated from the many people on Tumblr who wanted Daisy instead of Rosalina. In the end, she was never going to have a chance in Smash since her and Waluigi are on the same boat for being "Scrappies" of the Mario universe.

bekindrewind

Smash Apprentice
Am I the only one who thinks Rosalina looks a little OP?

She basically has two key elements from past top tier characters: desynching from Ice Climbers and the unpredictability of the Pikmin from Olimar.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
So, Pichu is no longer the most undeserved spot on the Smash roster, the new overhyped Zelda is a very awkward crossover and Miyamoto's "new" IP is actually a reboot of that really rare NES game (I think James Rolfe destroyed the last remaining copy). Sounds fun EDIT: (or as Rosalina would say in that awfully cringeworthy voice "Wonderful!") :troll:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Find it interesting that Smashboards still hasn't made a Rosalina sub-forum in the Character Discussion forum.

But Rosalina looks really fun to play as.

Also, dat Hyrule Warriors.

Shroob

Sup?
So, Pichu is no longer the most undeserved spot on the Smash roster, the new overhyped Zelda is a very awkward crossover and Miyamoto's "new" IP is actually a reboot of that really rare NES game (I think James Rolfe destroyed the last remaining copy). Sounds fun. :troll:
Which game would that be?

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I swear the newcomers' movesets in this game are so ****ing inspired. I can't wait to play them all.
Sakurai is really going all the way to find new interesting mechanics, Villager and Rosalina & Luma have more innovative aspects than the entire cast of Melee newcomers, almost.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
I swear the newcomers' movesets in this game are so ****ing inspired. I can't wait to play them all.
Sakurai is really going all the way to find new interesting mechanics, Villager and Rosalina & Luma have more innovative aspects than the entire cast of Melee newcomers, almost.
Don't forget Mega "My jab, neutral areal, forward tilt and Smash attacks are all projectiles. Oh, and my meteor smash, what're you gonna do about it?" Man. That blew my mind when it was first revealed.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Speaking of the Villager we learned quite a few things about him from Rosetta's intro trailer

- His tree can be destroyed by others
- His balloons can be destoyed easily by multi-hit attacks like the Luma's star bit barrage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom