• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I swear the newcomers' movesets in this game are so ****ing inspired. I can't wait to play them all.
Sakurai is really going all the way to find new interesting mechanics, Villager and Rosalina & Luma have more innovative aspects than the entire cast of Melee newcomers, almost.
Now that I think about it, I hope this isn't a result for having a few numbers of newcomers, this time around. But there are so many characters which would have priority over Rosalina & Luma, that I'm pretty sure they're going to be plenty.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm only a little annoyed with Rosalina's announcement because it pretty much wrecks Walugi's chances of inclusion (as debatable as it was to begin with). Something interesting though is that there's still no mention of SSB4's potential release date. If it's not revealed by the end of next month (with the probable 2014 preview Direct), I'm going to guess an early fall release at the earliest.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I think Rosalina destroys quite a few rumors. Some of these rumors had low newcomer counts. I expect 10-15 newcomers (with 15 being very optimistic, and ten being reasonable).

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I'm only a little annoyed with Rosalina's announcement because it pretty much wrecks Walugi's chances of inclusion (as debatable as it was to begin with). Something interesting though is that there's still no mention of SSB4's potential release date. If it's not revealed by the end of next month (with the probable 2014 preview Direct), I'm going to guess an early fall release at the earliest.
We don't even know Mario Kart 8 and it's definitely coming in March/April. I guess around the same time we'll know at least if the game will come in Summer. There's no rush.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
We don't even know Mario Kart 8 and it's definitely coming in March/April. I guess around the same time we'll know at least if the game will come in Summer. There's no rush.

But we've had a month for Mario Kart 8 since E3 and, even after 6 months, it's still just "2014" for Smash even with the game being in development for 2 years in February.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Found these gifs on SRK.

Combo vid makers are gonna have a field day with her.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Yup, I think that "We've reached the maximum no. of chars" thing was just to lower people's expectations. :)

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
But we've had a month for Mario Kart 8 since E3 and, even after 6 months, it's still just "2014" for Smash even with the game being in development for 2 years in February.
I think that's because we were all assuming Kart 8 would've been released during Christmas and Nintendo wanted to deny that thought right after announcement, but at the same time confirming the game wasn't that far away (it's 8/9 months instead of 5/6 in the end). Sm4sh, on the other hand, didn't need that kind of info, nobody thought the game was so close anyway.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I think Rosalina destroys quite a few rumors. Some of these rumors had low newcomer counts. I expect 10-15 newcomers (with 15 being very optimistic, and ten being reasonable).
10 to 15!?

While nice, I think we will get maybe 5 to 7 newcomers (7 i feel is pushing it). I think 3 more newcomers will be revealed from now until E3, and possibly 2 to 3 characters will be revealed when the game is released/played through like how Pichu and G&W was revealed in Melee and Wolf & R.O.B was in Brawl.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Yup, I think that "We've reached the maximum no. of chars" thing was just to lower people's expectations. :)
I always thought that. Still, I don't expect more newcomers than Brawl (which had a massive number of 'em), but at least 12 new characters is absolutely doable. Also I think Sakurai isn't going to cut anyone (except maybe Snake) and possibly will bring back Mewtwo.
A 50 slot roster isn't far fetched at all.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
And when he falls afterwards, he falls similar to balloon fighter.
Not only that, but he immediately goes into helpless freefall. I feel the Lloid Rocket will be the more frequently used recovery (if it can be used as one).

Shroob

Sup?
So, when it comes to another lady in Smash, is Sakurai gonna have Peach be a perv like she was with WFT?

And we need Zelda, Nana and Jiggs now so Palutena can finally be right about "Super Bash Sisters".

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just realized that I was wrong about Starfy not being able to work in Smash now that Rosalina uses Lumas in her moveset. :laugh:

Though that doesn't mean I'm going to start betting on Starfy making it in.

Zage

Smash Journeyman
I felt the same way between E3 and Olimar. All in good time.
Honestly, I think the thing I dread the most about character reveals isn't that it'll be a character I don't particularly like, its that there's going to be another wait after its revealed.

But yeah, already can't wait till next month, the wait will be worth it though.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
The scarf Link's wearing looks pretty boss.
Maybe its because I like Strider's design

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Wow, Rosalina...

Can't say I'm upset considering she's my fave Super Mario princess and her moveset looks very interesting. So much combo potential... though, I couldn't stop thinking about Olimar when seeing Rosalina throw and give attack commands to those Lumas for some reason. Perhaps because I always wanted to Olimar to have the ability to give special commands to the Pikmin (the ability to dismiss, attack independently, etc.). Ah, another pipe dream... Anyway, I'm hoping that Rosalina will make more appearances in spin-off and mainstream games.

*sniff* Someday Bowser Jr... Someday I'll get to play as you... T_T believeeee!

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
My reaction to the direct

This and Cranky Kong were the 2 best things to come out of the VGX LOL!

The direct was pretty good, compared to what we have been getting lately from Nintendo. I expect to see a lot of good things next year!

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Hyrule Warriors, new Chibi-Robo, NES Remix, Dr. Luigi, Rosalina in Smash, more Mario Kart 8, more Tropical Freeze, Yoshi's New Island, Yoshi's Island Zone in Lost World, more Triple Deluxe (can't wait for the battle mode and rhythm game extras), Bravely Default...

We got a lot of stuff in this Direct.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I didn't take a look at the other things yet as I was too eager to see if we got any Smash info. (which I was near certain we would be)

Gotta take a look at dat new Zelda next

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
So the GameXplain analysis pointed something out. Check out this screenshot:

This is a stage/location we haven't seen before. What do you think it is?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
So the GameXplain analysis pointed something out. Check out this screenshot:

This is a stage/location we haven't seen before. What do you think it is?
I'm pretty sure its battlefield going through the night cycle.
aren't there similar rock formations in the 3DS version of Battlefield?

MexM

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4468-1063-3341
Oh man, that Rosalian trailer was so awesome. Loved the Luma and Kirby interactions. Nintendo seems to be pushing Rosalina in a lot of their products lately.

DK looks more interesting each time. Hyrule Warrios looks pretty boss, but I wonder if any Warriors characters will appear. MK8 and Chibi Robo are looking nice. Excited for Bravely Deafult and PLvsPW. And, oh gosh, that Yoshi level in Sonic lol haha. So yeah, pretty awesome Nintendo Direct. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom