• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The site has been officially updated.

Also, the URL has the details "rosetta.html" at the end. Peculiar to use her Japanese name.
Not entirely. It seems Sakurai chooses one name for the url and applies it across every part of the sites. Probably so it's easier to update pictures without getting confused. You only have to slightly change the url at best.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well I hope she has great ways of stopping projectiles then with that gravity move thing of hers. That's just one thing I need.

Y'know it was even a bigger blow that Toad wasn't driving a kart.
Well if he was, that would mean he was reduced to some minor role. If he were riding a kart there out of no where, that would be awkward.

Regardless, I'm hyped for a stupid reason hurdur

BSP

Smash Legend
I'd assume she's immune to chain grabs as long as she's got a luma out. ICs hard counter.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Rosalina looks like she's going to be a pain to fight against.

EDIT: Not watching the trailer again because it broke my heart to not see Kirby's Airride return

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Didn't notice it until now but the trailer also featured the return of Fire Flowers, Green Shells, and Pokeballs.

Also am glad to see the Fantasy Meadow's theme from Air Ride be confirmed (kinda funny seeing a Kirby stage has yet to be revealed). Didn't realize how good the theme was until it came with the CD bundled with Kirby's Dream Collection.

Typhl0si0n

Smash Apprentice
Well. I'm maining Rosalia. She's too ****ing boss. But...her partnership with luma makes me wonder if ic are possible now.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I do find it rather humorous how for the past two years we have been debating Toad vs. Bowser Junior, vs. Paper Mario, vs. Waluigi; and the first (possibly only) Mario newcomer we get is Rosalina. Outside of Megaman, very few us have been right about any of the newcomers. Nobody would have guessed this lineup. lol

That is what I like about Sakurai. He gives us surprises.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Welp Rosalina looks extremely interesting. Seems like a straight up IC CP xD. Still her play styl looks like it will be fun, and good.

Still I wasn't expecting a new Super Mario newcomer, let alone Rosalina and with a Luma no less. That's Sakurai for you I guess.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
I am currently fulfilling one of my all time favorite pastimes of rooting through threads to look for people doubting the possibility of character's inclusion and insulting people for believing in them and other people hoping for and defending that character...and then reading the new posts in that newly announced character's character support thread. It is ******* DELICIOUS. I invite people to try it.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Sure that was good but come on... Enough Mario reps. I would've take a much more predictable Little Mac reveal instead.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
This now makes 3 of the 4 newcomer character reveals that nobody saw coming.

Villager - Had very little support and wasn't expected
Wii Fit Trainer - Nobody on the internet predicted this
Rosalina - Had some support but was shafted for Bowser Jr/Paper Mario/Waluigi/Toad the vast majority of the time

I'm glad Sakurai is really making the Smash 4 roster unique and unpredictable instead of mimicking the cookie cutter ones we constantly see people make on here.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
So, here are the other takeaways from the Rosalina trailer:

- Rainbow Road stage. Looks like N64 mixed with Wii version.
- Olimar still only seen carrying three Pikmin in a group.
- You can stand outside the boxing ring stage. Audience is dynamic.
- Return of Fire Flowers, Pokéballs and Shells.
- Villager trees can be destroyed.
- More evidence of juggles/combos in gameplay.

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
I've noticed the fact that you apparently control two characters at once, Rosalina and Luma. If Luma can grab and throw, does that make it a possibility for more chaingrabs than just in Ice Climber's arsenal?

Edit:

If Rosalina has to use her wand to make Luma throw, her own grab might not be fast enough to produce a chaingrab.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
just finished walking my dog saw the video.
Thank the lord it wasn't Waluigi.

Watching Rosalina i was reminded what I always imagined Zelda to play like with magical ranged attacks.
she reminded me of a 2D fighting game where this dude summons a blob to help deal damage to the opponent

Rdxgeno

Smash Rookie
My hype has been restored. I had my doubts with Rosalina as a character for SSB but now she has taught me a lesson. Gameplay is looking even more awesome by the way. I really liked how Rosalina and Luma combo'd Pit during the video.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
- Rainbow Road stage. Looks like N64 mixed with Wii version.
Are we for sure that's actually a new stage?

It certainly HINTS towards it, but then again it could have all been a part of their teasing us with thinking it was a reveal of Kirby for Mario Kart 8.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
just finished walking my dog saw the video.
Thank the lord it wasn't Waluigi.

Watching Rosalina i was reminded what I always imagined Zelda to play like with magical ranged attacks.
she reminded me of a 2D fighting game where this dude summons a blob to help deal damage to the opponent
Which 2D fighting game? Don't leave me hanging like that. : (

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Are we for sure that's actually a new stage?

It certainly HINTS towards it, but then again it could have all been a part of their teasing us with thinking it was a reveal of Kirby for Mario Kart 8.
I really don't see Sakurai using an iconic location like Rainbow Road for a stock trailer if there wasn't a reference beyond just the trailer. For all that, he could have just used Kirby and the Mario Gang on the Mario Galaxy stage. Villager's trailer gave us the boxing ring.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Which 2D fighting game? Don't leave me hanging like that. : (
I was helping you guys would be able to refresh my memory... lol
It might in that Persona fighting game i'm not sure haven't seen too much of it.

All i remember was that it was a dude that could summon a shadow or a blob or something in the fight to help combo opponents

A lot of incredible things were revealed in just one character reveal. Combos are possible in the game. Thank God

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom