• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
My guesses?

-Palutena revealed, but most likely as a character.
-Something Kid Icarus related whether it be a stage, item, or new Pit pic. It is a day before KI anniversary (maybe Thursday for Japan) after all for us.
-Another veteran...
-More gameplay footage
-Something disappointing, which is not likely

Really hope it's the first one.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
My guesses?

-Palutena revealed, but most likely as a character.
-Something Kid Icarus related whether it be a stage, item, or new Pit pic. It is a day before KI anniversary (maybe Thursday for Japan) after all for us.
-Another veteran...
-More gameplay footage
-Something disappointing, which is not likely

Really hope it's the first one.
Why not all five!

• Palutena is revealed as a playable character.
  • New Wii U Kid Icarus stage
  • Zelda revealed due to her (and Peach) being involved somehow in Palutena's reveal cinematic (since they're all regal and all; King Dedede has a chance to show (and be revealed) as well in this situation, as well as Marth)
  • MOAR GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE
  • Something disappointing? All the people who are gonna whine about Palutena getting revealed instead of "X other character". Be disappointed in humanity, which isn't all that hard to do anyways, haha.
There! All five satisfied with an awesome event. And you can ignore the whiners. :awesome:

Shroob

Sup?
What makes Palutena and tomorrow's date so significant? I want Palutena as much as the good Admiral, but what's the connection?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
*comes out in suit of armor, riding a Xerneas*

Ladies and gentlemen... these nights these past 6 months have been long... we have felt the cool summer nights turn bitter cold...we have endured Luigi noses and Pikachu tumors... but we... the Smash fans... have endured... tomorrow our patience shall be rewarded... it has been an honor waiting with you all... not as Smash Bros, but as Smash Comrades... our wait continues but tomorrow... the sun will rise and our blood shot eyes will be met with a great glory that only the truest of Smash Bros fans know... while you are weary from the long months that have passed... I beseech you...stand fast my Smash Comrades... for when the morning comes... we shall be victorious...

Niko Mar

Smash Lord

Ladies and gentlemen... these nights these past 6 months have been long... we have felt the cool summer nights turn bitter cold...we have endured Luigi noses and Pikachu tumors... but we... the Smash fans... have endured... tomorrow our patience shall be rewarded... it has been an honor waiting with you all... not as Smash Bros, but as Smash Comrades... our wait continues but tomorrow... the sun will rise and our blood shot eyes will be met with a great glory that only the truest of Smash Bros fans know... while you are weary from the long months that have passed... I beseech you...stand fast my Smash Comrades... for when the morning comes... we shall be victorious...

Inb4 luigi's nose :troll:

Shroob

Sup?

FOR THE HORDE!

Inawordyes

Smash Lord

TSFH = Win.

D

Deleted member

So I hear Sakurai retweeted the Nintendo Direct announcement. Prepare your bodies, everyone.
So in other words, we could be seeing Smash at this Nintendo Direct? And all in half a hour or so?

Can't sleep anyway (tried going to bed at 9:45 PM CST and couldn't) so might as get a midnight snack and hope for something good.

And if we do get Smash, my guess is that we'll get something slightly unexpected. Like many expect Palutena, yet we get someone else instead.

Ridley's a stage hazard.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I wonder if we'll get a double update again. Tonight's, and then tomorrow's typical character reveal(well, if we're lucky).

I would love a double character reveal, like getting Zelda/Sheik done in one blow. I wouldn't mind them showing IC's too.

The actual caption should be coming soon... maybe he's confirming Toad isn't playable?(definitely better than leading us on)

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle

Ladies and gentlemen... these nights these past 6 months have been long... we have felt the cool summer nights turn bitter cold...
I don't know about that hun. My summer nights were hot as Hades' Underworld :(

BTW, his Miiverse post references the Nintendo Direct. There might be something Smash Bros related after all.

EDIT: Caption- "Pic of the day. N-now wait a second, let's talk this through! We don't wanna miss today's Nintendo Direct, right?"

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Your caption comes out in all black.

Well, definitely sounds like the Direct will have something Smash-related. I'm guessing a Zelda character.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
So, do we have an hour and a half, or until six tonight for a reveal?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Lady Palutena awaits me, and we're only a few hours away! However, if Sakurai does mention "Kid Icarus" somehow, then my ears will perk up for something good to hear.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't think Palutena would be a very exciting announcement, other than the fact it's a new character

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Pretty damn awesome that Sakurai is hyping for the Nintendo Direct today. Too bad I won't be able to watch it live. But I'm still super excited! No clue what Sakurai could have in store but it'll be worth it.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Im sure the fact that she's popular in Japan may... er, let's say it another way.

However... I disagree!

Well ****, I'm gonna miss the Direct unless I go all-nighter.

LUCKILY, I have nothing to do tomorrow so.....

*Drinks coffee*

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Okay... now I'm expecting something good!

As much as I want Yoshi, I hope we see a/some decent newcomer(s).

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Okay... now I'm expecting something good!

As much as I want Yoshi, I hope we see a/some decent newcomer(s).
Newcomer: Michael Jackson

With the true power of the dance and song, he eliminates his enemies with some of the greatest kicks, karate chops, and hat throws in history.

:troll:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Newcomer: Michael Jackson

With the true power of the dance and song, he eliminates his enemies with some of the greatest kicks, karate chops, and hat throws in history.

:troll:
This has gotta be his trailer music!
...actually i think this is his trailer, now that i re-watch it

Also, I'm going to want to see 2 Micheal Jackson reps! Bubbles needs to be in there too!
He's like the Luigi of that series!...and he's got that sleek majestic fur.

Alzi

Smash Master
Sakurai lied about the spring 2014 release date to kill of our hype of the game coming early. But today a new smash bros trailer will confirm that it is indeed coming out spring 2014. (trollface)

Nah real release date will be like july 24th.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
This has gotta be his trailer music!
...actually i think this is his trailer, now that i re-watch it

Also, I'm going to want to see 2 Micheal Jackson reps! Bubbles needs to be in there too!
He's like the Luigi of that series!...and he's got that sleek majestic fur.
So Bubbles is green with envy?

Also, nobody is going to save you when Michael is in the house.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I don't think Palutena would be a very exciting announcement, other than the fact it's a new character
Yeah, I feel like this too. And that's not because I dislike Palutena, but mostly because she's so expected to be in eventually. I'd feel the same with Little Mac and Mewtwo. It'd still be cool, especially to see a brand new moveset and new footage from a trailer, but still. At this point we need someone to really bring the hype up, either someone that's a bit on the edge like Shulk or Isaac, or someone who makes hardcore Nintendo fans go nuts like K. Rool or Ridley.

I'm kind of expecting Mii though, not because of any rumors or "leaks", but because it seems like the kind of newcomer they'd officially kick the new year off with. The reveal wouldn't work for me though, not only because of how controversial they are, but because we already have 2 newcomers from casual franchises. Give more to the hardcore Nintendo fans please.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Oh snap. Sakurai is hyping the Nintendo Direct through the website. Hoping for a new trailer.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
OMG SO HYPE......its coming, I don't know what exactly (maybe disappointment) but somthings coming this way.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom