• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If they are revealing a newcomer... and if it is someone from the Kid Icarus series... I really hope it is Palutena (but Medusa is fine too)... I really hope it is not Dark Pit... I just don't want that palette swap to be a separate character.

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
I think that if Palutena gets revealed in the Nintendo Direct tomorrow it won't be that much of a surprise. Maybe Sakurai might pull out a totally unexpected character tomorrow, and save the Palutena reveal for another month.

Palutena's the most likely KI newcomer?

If that's the case, Magnus Scheving confirmed

Edit : Or he might surprise us by revealing her as a *gulp* final smash

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I really hope it is not Dark Pit... I just don't want that palette swap to be a separate character.
He can be different you know. :lick:
One of the clone versions of a character I actually love.
But I hope it's Palutena, or someone else.

Why do you guys think it'll be a newcomer? I'm just keeping it at a returning veteran for now.
Palutena, Anna, Lip, Kawashima, Andy, I really don't know. :/
For veterans, Falco and Ice Climbers.

Smashiny

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one thinking Pit is enough representation for the Kid Icarus franchise?

I 'd just keep Palutena as Pit's final smash, not as a seperate character...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm kind of hoping for King Dedede tomorrow, though I don't see it as likely.

And I'm about to complete a whole year on Smashboards... That was a nice way to top it off.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
At this point, Palutena's a potential reveal and likely. I mean we did get some veterans, yes, but not every veteran or every character was revealed in a smash game til the game was released iirc. Besides, to keep the hype going, you gotta show some new goodies from time to time, like a newcomer in the mix at times. I'm sure Sakurai's aware of it, or maybe I'm just asking for too much.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Another direct huh? You know they could just go over more details about an already existing game rather than reveal another character. Regardless though I'm sure it'll be better & more presentable than the embarrassing mess that was the VGX, outside Cranky's reveal anyway which even that didn't leave as much an impact as it could've since he was leaked beforehand. :ohwell:

Off the record, life outside of Smashboards is nice.
Glad to hear it. I take it you've been doing better then as of late.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I think they're going to wait until January 10th for him, especially since he's a major character in Triple Deluxe. Aside from Smash news, I want to see if they'll reveal what the heck the leaked "NES Remix" game is supposed to be.
I bet Ice Climbers would be confirmed on the day NES Remix comes out...

*hopes for Duck Hunt to be included in NES Remix*

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I bet Ice Climbers would be confirmed on the day NES Remix comes out...

*hopes for Duck Hunt to be included in NES Remix*

There's a hopelessly naive side of me that hopes NES Remix is a collection of classic NES games done ala Ducktales Remastered with HD cell shading and remixed music. Super Mario Bros, Duck Hunt, Legend of Zelda, Ice Climber, Donkey Kong, and Balloon Fight in one package. *dies*

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Typhl0si0n

Smash Apprentice
I'm so damn sick. Feel like I got waste by a truck. But I heard some funny business about a direct tomorrow, so I thought I'd check up on that. Also checked some news sites, and it turns out Sakurai deconfirmed the spring release. That's good news.

I'll be blunt, shameless and shallow as **** but I only want Palutena because she has a vagina.
Give you points for honesty.

I know who Palatana is. Girl from KI:U, right? Why does every throw their bones at her? I mean, seriously I remember 3 different chicks that are totally outclassed by her.

I think that bath scene has something to do with this. Lol jking.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
Where did this NES remix rumor come from?? this is the first im hearing of it. sounds interesting though!

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Where did this NES remix rumor come from?? this is the first im hearing of it. sounds interesting though!
It was leaked by the Australian Classifications Board.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I just love it how they always come out of nowhere.

View attachment 5137

It's been a while (E3) since I've been so overcome with joy that I'm speechless. I'm definitely importing the game now.
I got Jonathan & Joseph, so I'm happy.
Now it needs some Baoh & Kenshiro and I'll be over the moon!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I started Pikmin 3 recently. As with the prievous two Pikmin games, I got hooked on it shortly after I started playing it.

Haven't gotten that far yet, the most recent boss I've beaten is the Shaggy Long Legs in the Tropical Wilds.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
You won't be able to see it in the game though. :p
Appearing in Smash Bros nets an increase in ahem, artwork. At least if Miss Fit is anything to go by. :troll:

I started Pikmin 3 recently. As with the prievous two Pikmin games, I got hooked on it shortly after I started playing it.
I had never even played the first two games, but I absolutely loved 3. Makes me want the first two in some kind of HD combo pack with updated gamepad maps and AI, etc.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I had never even played the first two games, but I absolutely loved 3. Makes me want the first two in some kind of HD combo pack with updated gamepad maps and AI, etc.
I'm not sure how likely that is, seeing they were already remastered in the New Play Control series.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Appearing in Smash Bros nets an increase in ahem, artwork. At least if Miss Fit is anything to go by. :troll:

The first two are both great as well.

I'd love them to be remade with HD with some new and updated content, but seeing as how they've both already been remade on the Wii, I don't think we'll be getting HD Pikmin remakes, at least, not anytime soon.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Well, Ocarina of Time has been remade to hell and back, so you never know. Majora's Mask is long overdue...

In any case, I just want more Pikmin. Nintendo is really failing in the online aspect, I probably could have squeezed more time out of P3 and actually tried the Bingo Battles. It's a bit sad not being able to play 3D World with multiplayer either.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
There's a hopelessly naive side of me that hopes NES Remix is a collection of classic NES games done ala Ducktales Remastered with HD cell shading and remixed music. Super Mario Bros, Duck Hunt, Legend of Zelda, Ice Climber, Donkey Kong, and Balloon Fight in one package. *dies*

Super Mario Bros.
Legend of Zelda
Metroid
Kid Icarus
Duck Hunt
Balloon Fight
Punch-Out!!
Donkey Kong
Excitebike
Mach Rider

all in one glorious, HD, musically remixed, so beautifully made compilation of love, passion, sexiness and nostalgia.

That, along with Super Smash Bros. for the Wii U, is the ultimate wet dream of thousands of people like me.

IT WILL BE MINE.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Um how bout Shin Onigashima for a remix, I could use some English translation on that game, I'm curious to know why the game is so good.

If we're talking about overdue remakes/ compilations, I'd like to introduce you to a certain young boy.

In fact, there's 4 of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom