• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
2) Show Toon Link on that stage. That's just being kind of annoying about it, to be honest. It makes me think there's some kind of Easter Egg on it when you play as him or something. Instead of him being there making absolutely no difference.
Toon Link was shown staring at Pikachu on that stage in one of those facebook screenshots but yeah. Knowing Sakurai, you would think he would have made a screenshot with the two Toon Links together by now, unless like you said, there may be some kind of easter egg that occurs when you play as Toon Link on that stage but I highly doubt that. (Hopefully it doesn't cause Conductor Link to dissapear or be replaced by Alfonzo or something or else it will reinforce the silly argument that they can't be together in the same place for whatever reason...)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Toon Link was shown staring at Pikachu on that stage in one of those facebook screenshots but yeah. Knowing Sakurai, you would think he would have made a screenshot with the two Toon Links together by now, unless like you said, there may be some kind of easter egg that occurs when you play as Toon Link on that stage but I highly doubt that. (Hopefully it doesn't cause Conductor Link to dissapear or be replaced by Alfonzo or something or else it will reinforce the silly argument that they can't be together in the same place for whatever reason...)
That is exactly why I'm worried.

...Although actually having an Easter Egg is cool, I want to see both side by side outside of Trophy Rooms. You know, like how can set them up in Brawl, and I think in Melee too. That was fun.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hey! A Wii U add on the site...

Wait? A WII U ADD?!?!?1

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
...Although actually having an Easter Egg is cool, I want to see both side by side outside of Trophy Rooms. You know, like how can set them up in Brawl, and I think in Melee too. That was fun.
You mean the Diorama mode? That was introduced in Brawl, however you could still see all trophies side by side on a table in Melee too.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You mean the Diorama mode? That was introduced in Brawl, however you could still see all trophies side by side on a table in Melee too.
Yeah, that one. I hope it comes back.

Well, this Spirit Tracks stage is getting better and better....
Needs more shown Toon Link...

Ooh, Cardcaptor Sakura/Cardcaptors. Which version(s) have you seen?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Japanese Sub or English Dub? They both have their points. The dub gave better character development and many would argue a far better main opening.
Oh. I've seen the english dub only. I've heard that the the subbed one ends much differently than the dub though.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Oh. I've seen the english dub only. I've heard that the the subbed one ends much differently than the dub though.
You could probably find both online. One website, which I am not linking obviously, puts everything in the correct order. I would suggest checking out Wikipedia for the correct episode order before watching them and then make sure to watch the movies too. However, it's easier to watch them in order via the Subs.

I never saw the Japanese ending. I find the original interesting, as how much Clow Reed seems like a bit of a jerk, despite him having more than legitimate enough reasons for it.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Today's picture is interesting, since it reveals something new about the Spirit Train stage. I must admit that the train transporting the Linebeck Company's building is a little random, but it makes the stage more interesting. What other things may be seen being transported too?

And what's this? Discussing subbed anime vs. dubbed anime? I have no preference, although I tend to watch on a language I understand, since it allows me to judge the acting's quality.
The only occasion I don't like dubs is with live-action movies or series, because it's simply awkward to see the actor's lip movements not matching the voices being heard.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Eh. It's not really a Sub VS Dub debate. Just noting that that particular Anime has some interesting differences that a fan should check out. I had no intention of comparing Subs and Dubs in general.

But I agree on the lip movement thing. Those are horrendous sometimes in dubs.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Eh. It's not really a Sub VS Dub debate. Just noting that that particular Anime has some interesting differences that a fan should check out. I had no intention of comparing Subs and Dubs in general.
I see. So, the anime you were talking about had differences between the dubbed version and the original version.

But I agree on the lip movement thing. Those are horrendous sometimes in dubs.
Like I said, I don't have a problem with dubs if it's animated, because it doesn't have real actors being shown. The awkwardness comes when you dub live-action scenes. Of course, a poorly done animation dub will also be unpleasant to watch.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I see. So, the anime you were talking about had differences between the dubbed version and the original version.
Yeah. Cardcaptors VS Cardcaptor Sakura.

Like I said, I don't have a problem with dubs if it's animated, because it doesn't have real actors being shown. The awkwardness comes when you dub live-action scenes. Of course, a poorly done animation dub will also be unpleasant to watch.
The Sonic games. My god, the Sonic games. ._.

Zage

Smash Journeyman
>Winter break started today for me
>Korosensi announced for J-Stars Victory today
>Major update in my favorite MMO tomorrow
>Nintendo Direct announced for tomorrow

Oh god this is the best week ever.

So..... What about this whole "Uprising" thing? I thought it was gonna be on the 19th (Or something)?

What do you guys think? What's gonna happen on the Direct? We'll we get

BIG NEWS

or some new game announcements, x trailer or whatever?

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
What's their logic behind a Palutena reveal on that day? Is that the original release date in Japan or something?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They should unveil someone ACTUALLY interesting as the first new character since the release

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
>Nintendo Direct begins tomorrow at 9 am ET.

Welp, looks like I won't be watching it live then as I have work in the morning until 10 am. But still excited anyways.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
What's their logic behind a Palutena reveal on that day? Is that the original release date in Japan or something?

Yes actually, 12/19/86 as what Wikipedia says.
My thought, as well as a few others, when considering that the 19th of this month, which is also a Thursday btw, happens to be the Kid Icarus anniversary which started on 12/19/86 in Japan (simply search "Kid Icarus Release Date" on google and check wikipedia). With that in mind, we're speculating something big involving the KI series to happen this Thursday, but most of us would think that it will be the reveal of Palutena.

However, considering how tomorrow will have the Nintendo Direct instead of Thursday, there's a chance that we still will get something KI related anyways due to time zones, and Japan usually being a day ahead of us sometimes (example being we're on Wednesday while they're on Thursday). Then again, being a day earlier wouldn't hurt.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Well I can see the logic there.

After all that's why we got Captain Falcon revealed on the anniversary of F-Zero, right?

I mean it's not like he's got any tie in promotional material coming out. Like ever.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Kid Icarus is different than F-Zero. I'd say Palutena is almost guaranteed due to Sakurai as well as her perceived popularity that he talked about in a magazine poll or something. Pit even got a big spot in the reveal trailer with Nintendo's other top franchises.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
So J-Stars got two more characters to add on with the other three. :awesome: Can't wait to smash a ripple power fist through naruto's skull

I'm hoping Smash can one up J-Stars IF theres anything in tomorrows direct. (Doubtful there will be anything though. lol)

This is speaking about my views on both games though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom