• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
>Has paper worth 1/3rd of grade due tomorrow
>Only about a 1/10th done
>Failing class means not being able to take class again for 2 years
>Goes on Smashboards every hour, wondering if a new character will be revealed this week.

What the hell am I doing with my life?
You're not the only one, I still have a couple of months though...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm in grad school so the stakes are a lot higher where anything less than a B is considered a failing grade and, like I said, classes are taught only once every 2-3 years. It doesn't help that I absolutely do not care about the subject matter which is "Statistical Research for Public Administration" *bites down hard on cyanide pill* Maybe I should change my major to Smash Bros next semester...

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I'm in grad school so the stakes are a lot higher where anything less than a B is considered a failing grade and, like I said, classes are taught only once every 2-3 years. It doesn't help that I absolutely do not care about the subject matter which is "Statistical Research for Public Administration" *bites down hard on cyanide pill* Maybe I should change my major to Smash Bros next semester...
Well good luck I guess.

Xuan Wu

Valor Ablaze
NNID
Xuanwu_2014
Although I'm majoring in applied mathematics, I'd dread having to do a dissertation on the said subject, if I ever go to grad school. It's amazing how people even manage to find something original to write about maths considering how long the subject existed for and how much was already known about it. ^-^

Anyway, as for Smash 4, I wonder how far into development the game is at this point. ^-^

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
I'm thinkin'... More than halfway for sure. I mean they've obviously completed base coding and mechanics, or previews would not be possible. Which brings me to another question: what language is Sm4sh being coded in?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
>Has paper worth 1/3rd of grade due tomorrow
>Only about a 1/10th done
>Failing class means not being able to take class again for 2 years
>Goes on Smashboards every hour, wondering if a new character will be revealed this week.

What the hell am I doing with my life?
My god... Priorities, priorities... Last month, I did my paper for a week before it was due and I could have done it two months earlier... I wrote over 3,000 words (I needed at least 2,000 words to get a passing grade) and on the night before it was due, I had to cite my paper in APA format. Fortunately for me, I got 100% on my paper. :awesome:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Also, why have the support threads gone so extremely ****ty lately? Not talking about big threads like K.Rool's, Ridley's or Isaac's, but you know... the new threads.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Lately? They have been extremely ****ty for a while now.

Ah well, not that it's pretty much too late to support any potential newcomers for these games now anyway.... Unless you are working ahead and are supporting characters for Smash 5 / 6 I guess... :rolleyes:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Lately? They have been extremely ****ty for a while now.

Ah well, not that it's pretty much too late to support any potential newcomers for these games now anyway.... Unless you are working ahead and are supporting characters for Smash 5 / 6 for whatever reason. :rolleyes:
I remember literally seeing 5 threads about variations of Koopas a month or so back... With also like 2 threads about Goombas.

And you all said Impa was bad?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I honestly wish they'd just stop with the silly updates and give us a character already.

It's been too long, it's been nearly half the month, and whether it's a new or a veteran, it's just annoying to put up with it. Also, giving us two sudden character updates in one month, and then giving us a drought of major updates... does not help.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It's a face who hides his [laughs] behind the most emotionless expression ever.

[laughs] are gonna be on his main menu this month, that's a thing for sure.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
What's up with that? What's up with that?

Also, if it's a character I'm gonna go out on a limb and say... Zelda. Or maybe Yoshi?

Do you think this is the face of a man who gives a ****?
*picture*
So handsome. *swoons*

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
I'm still banking hard on that Meta Knight reveal. He was such a well-loved character by the casual and competitive community that, in my opinion, there is no way Sakurai wouldn't bring him back for another round.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
So....if you live in North America, specifically the US, you can get Mega Man X (Wii U) and the first Mega Man GAMEBOY game (3DS) for $2:00 for 2 days.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
Hey guys I just thought I would share these brawl videos here. If you feel they should go somewhere else please tell me or contact a mod. My college friends and I got together for one last hooray before Winter Break, how did we celebrate? By playing Brawl Minus Beta Max!

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Also, if it's a character I'm gonna go out on a limb and say... Zelda. Or maybe Yoshi?
Both are fine with me... namely the latter.
But i can definitely see Zelda being announced on the 26th or sometime that week to align with the release date of A Link Between Worlds in Japan.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sakurai double confirms Toad's NPC status the way he did for Skull Kid! :troll:
You do realize that people would rather he do this than never let us know, right?

Remember, we saw "a" Toon Link both playable and a stage element. Another Toad could be playable in the long run. I'd rather he just confirm it instead of leading us on by not saying anything. He even said "movesets are not finalized and could change before release." Paraphrased a bit. This means Toad could suddenly be playable. It's easier to nip it in the bud than give us hope he could be playable, to be honest.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
You do realize that people would rather he do this than never let us know, right?

Remember, we saw "a" Toon Link both playable and a stage element. Another Toad could be playable in the long run. I'd rather he just confirm it instead of leading us on by not saying anything. He even said "movesets are not finalized and could change before release." Paraphrased a bit. This means Toad could suddenly be playable. It's easier to nip it in the bud that give us hope he could be playable, to be honest.
Yeah i know people would like it. Doesn't mean i can't treat it like a joke since Sakurai is evil and will probably never do it.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah i know people would like it. Doesn't mean i can't treat it like a joke since Sakurai is evil and will probably never do it.
I don't find mocking Toad fans... really all that funny.

I would love him playable, but I doubt he will be either. Mind you, a joke once in a while is fine, but a lot of people are really salty over this already and I feel it'd add too much to the flames, if you get what I'm saying.

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
Hey guys I just thought I would share these brawl videos here. If you feel they should go somewhere else please tell me or contact a mod. My college friends and I got together for one last hooray before Winter Break, how did we celebrate? By playing Brawl Minus Beta Max!

Wow, I'll check those out later. I'm glad that I'm not the only person here that plays Brawl- (granted, we've been playing 2.6 because I made my friends download it and when I tell them to switch they just make BS excuses). That actually just makes me want to say that if Sonic ends up getting the Bounce Bracelet or whatever it was from SA2 that let him do the bounce thing, Sonic will undoubtedly be my main in SSB4. That's one of the few things I like in Minus Max I can't do in Minus.

D

Deleted member

One early night doesn't mean the next night will be early too.
We could just as easily get one that's an hour late like last week that is nothing special.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Or a half-hour possibly, considering how early last night's picture came.
They very well could end up getting progessively earlier once again, but I'm not going to get my hopes up for it. For now I'm guessing Sakurai just decided to put it up a bit earlier last night.

The pic could also be late tonight, in which case I'm guessing it will be something fairly big. (new stage reveal, veteran reveal etc)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Weird. For a moment, it show the 3DS words while showing yesterday picture instead.

Anyway, not bad, but two things;

1) Give us a Character Update already. Seriously.
2) Show Toon Link on that stage. That's just being kind of annoying about it, to be honest. It makes me think there's some kind of Easter Egg on it when you play as him or something. Instead of him being there making absolutely no difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom