• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
LOL, Shofu is against Reggie

Edit:

IDK I just kind of found that funny.

It was the first comment on NoA twitter comment section about Reggie in Smash

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Pic of the day Here's a new Assist Trophy! The Skull Kid I repeat, it's an Assist Trophy, not a new fighter. The characters announced on the website are the fighters!

Welp, Assist Trophies are back. And there's one fully debunked character. Well, two, technically. Majora's Mask, and that specific version of Skull Kid.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
The Skull Kid I repeat, it's an Assist Trophy, not a new fighter.
It's kinda funny he has to repeat himself.

Also we all know what the Skull Kid will do for an attack... :troll:

D

Deleted member

Can't wait to see what Skull Kid does as an Assist Trophy. Never liked the idea of him being playable, but I think seeing him as an Assist Trophy is neat.

Also, NeoGAF is having a sort of meltdown over this.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well it's not surprising he's emphasizing Skull Kid isn't playable, last time around it took a few AT reveals on the DOJO, complete with page in the item section and everything before people started to realize Goroh and Dr. Wright were in fact not playable. :rolleyes:

And because even as clear as he can be, I guarantee some headline tomorrow (or I guess later today) will be that Skull Kid is now playable.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Holy **** Skull Kid. O.o

Damn, that's hawt.

Also, glad to see ATs returning!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Aww...I was rooting for Skull Kid

But I knew he wouldn't be playable.

Still cool though

...Majora's Mask remake anyone?

D

Deleted member

Well it's not surprising he's emphasizing Skull Kid isn't playable, last time around it took a few AT reveals on the DOJO, complete with page in the item section and everything before people started to realize Goroh and Dr. Wright were in fact not playable. :rolleyes:

And because even as clear as he can be, I guarantee some headline tomorrow (or I guess later today) will be that Skull Kid is now playable.
These are the same sites the gave Forza 5 a pass despite its horrendous micro-transaction system that compromised the game play (and they've never been good as journalism for gaming anyway), so...

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
neat!
if he does drop the moon, how will that work in the game? i would have settled for blow darts, but his hand position tells me he's dropping the moon.

there could be many reasons why his hands are glued together.

so you dont have to animate fingers; lesser polygons; because thats how it was in the original, too keep it consistent with the original game; this is the ported model for the remake on 3DS.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Skull Kid as an AT?

OH HELL YEAH!!!!!!!

Good to see the Skull Kid in Smash in some form. I wonder what his ability is though. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

EDIT: How did I NOT guess that he would be dropping the Moon? (man I must be more tired than I think I am)

Still, I'm not positive that's what he'll be doing, though it's extremely likely he'll drop the Moon on the stage.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, I wanted to posted this earlier but Smashboards went down again...

We're now in the phase of speculation where characters will start getting officially disconfirmed. Brace yourselves, guys!

Typhl0si0n

Smash Apprentice
It's been awhile.

So, Skull Kid deconfirmed for playability, but at least he's an assist trophy.

The boss from the Streetpass series was confirmed to be either a boss, assist, or background object, which makes Mii's probability higher, which is cool.

Besides that, nothing really big. Eh, I suppose we'll get a character reveal in due time. It's got to be close.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I never had supported Skull Kids but I like what I see in the pic of the day. Good to hear that the Assist Trophy (aka dream killers in a jar) is back too.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
With Tingle being the only Zelda series Assist Trophy in Brawl, it means that, so far, all Zelda series ATs have been characters from Majora's Mask. Coincidence? Possibly so.

I do wonder what kind of move will Skull Kid use though.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Skull Kid being deconfirmed still kinda hurts. I mean, he looks so damn awesome! Still would've liked him to become playable... Easily the best potential Zelda newcomer after Impa.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Skull Kid being deconfirmed still kinda hurts. I mean, he looks so damn awesome! Still would've liked him to become playable... Easily the best potential Zelda newcomer after Impa.
Look at it this way: He hardly had a chance either way, at least now he'll have an awesome model once people get to making custom character PSAs.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yes... whenever a popular character is revealed as an Assist Trophy... there needs to be a macro image of that Assist Trophy with the words "You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?" with Skull Kid superimposed on it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No seriously Skull Kid would've made for the most awesome new character... Still hope to see him in a Smash game some day.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It is really interesting how both Assist Trophies from the Zelda series are from Majora's Mask... Tingle in Brawl and now Skull Kid in SSB4... I wonder if Tingle is still an Assist Trophy or he's upgraded as a playable character this time...

I wish Sakurai would add Cuccos as Assist Trophy... it would be hilarious to see a bunch of angry birds pecking everyone to death. :laugh:

Hey, Diddy, it's a good thing Impa isn't an Assist Trophy. :awesome:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Impa is a playable character Arcadenik, playable characters aren't Assist Trophies. :smirk:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I think Cucco's are better off being regular wandering items like Mr. Saturn and Bob-Omb than an Assist Trophy, said character can use them to float down slowly like the Parasol in Melee and if they get damaged too much, they start rampaging whoever hurt them for a bit.

Typhl0si0n

Smash Apprentice
I don't know about that, but yeah. Sucks. Kid looks kinda cool, but I'm certain LoZ isn't getting a newcomer anyways. Unless Gdorf is booted and replace, or something. But I doubt that's happening.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I don't know about that, but yeah. Sucks. Kid looks kinda cool, but I'm certain LoZ isn't getting a newcomer anyways. Unless Gdorf is booted and replace, or something. But I doubt that's happening.
What if the newcomer is Tingle...? What if Skull Kid replaced Tingle as "the Assist Trophy of the Zelda series" so Tingle could be a newcomer? :awesome:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think Cucco's are better off being regular wandering items like Mr. Saturn and Bob-Omb than an Assist Trophy, said character can use them to float down slowly like the Parasol in Melee and if they get damaged too much, they start rampaging whoever hurt them for a bit.
I really want this to happen now.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I still want a
pokeball summon where
aimlessly flops around on stage, and if any player hits the flopping
it immediately evolves into
and begins to go after whoever attacked him.

Shooting Hyper Beams/Hydro Pumps and Thrashing all over the stage would create complete chaos! :laugh:

Typhl0si0n

Smash Apprentice
What if the newcomer is Tingle...? What if Skull Kid replaced Tingle as "the Assist Trophy of the Zelda series" so Tingle could be a newcomer? :awesome:
http://static.fjcdn.com/comments/****+that+****+I+ll+be+in+there+for+hours+if+_4859c40cdfd519cf34d03d46ec99fe9a.png
I would love to see the reactions afterwards.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
When I saw Skull Kid I laughed. I don't know why. I knew it wasn't a character because of no "warning: character approaching" on the site and figured he was a Assist Trophy. I just laughed, and I can't figure out why, someone tell me why I laughed!!!!!! D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom