• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
When I saw Skull Kid I laughed. I don't know why. I knew it wasn't a character because of no "warning: character approaching" on the site and figured he was a Assist Trophy. I just laughed, and I can't figure out why, someone tell me why I laughed!!!!!! D:
I don't know, did you laugh like this?

Then Skull Kid must've consumed you! or w/e...

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
What is Sakurai was just trolling us by saying "The characters announced on the website are the fighters!" :troll: lul

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don't know about that, but yeah. Sucks. Kid looks kinda cool, but I'm certain LoZ isn't getting a newcomer anyways. Unless Gdorf is booted and replace, or something. But I doubt that's happening.
We can always boot Sheik for Impa.

Malion

Smash Ace
for a split second i was confused and thought I was looking at the clone thread in project m... then I was like... oh assist trophy... right? yeah.

Pretty cool if he summons the moon... I assume it would be like snorlax's attack.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Moon crash is a definate must yes. Easily the best Majora's Mask reference they could make! Also wouldn't mind if he stunned everyone before with Deku Nuts, cause that would make crasing the moon into your enemies ever better, and its fits Skull Kid's troll nature.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
I hope he does nothing but scream to just annoy the players all around. That is how he assists the player who opens him.

Malion

Smash Ace
Weird we'll have skull kid, but no young link to smack him around.
That's 3 distinct zelda games represented... though mm and tp are in the same timeline.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Weird we'll have skull kid, but no young link to smack him around.
That's 3 distinct zelda games represented... though mm and tp are in the same timeline.
Inb4YoungLinkisour5thZeldacharacterand3rdLinkclone.

Oh, the wind is blowing hard today, Excuse me as I go close that window...

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
So, I was lurking around GameFAQs... this guy is in denial about Skull Kid even though Sakurai made it crystal clear that Skull Kid is not playable in Smash...
Eh well... I guess the whole Toon Link debacle has gotten to people that they are now using the very argument that saved him to defend any character that gets officially disconfirmed... :T

Ah well, whatever. *laughs* :laugh:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
So, I was lurking around GameFAQs... this guy is in denial about Skull Kid even though Sakurai made it crystal clear that Skull Kid is not playable in Smash...
...He does have a point.

Majora's Mask Skull Kid in a very specific version and only appears in two games, OOT and MM. Not that any version is going to be playable, but I'm not surprised he's looking at the other ones like they have a chance.(even though they blatantly don't, which is probably why Sakurai made it super clear Skull Kid ain't playable)

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I've seen this play out multiple times. Most recently with Toad and Ridley.
And the reoccurring statement people tend to use is "There are multiple versions of *insert character here*"

I will mention that Toon Link got in because of that rule, but most of the doubt that Toon Link received was due to fan speculation, Sakurai never touched upon or alluded to the Toon Link stage issue. The difference here is that people are going off of the (translated) words of the Sakurai himself

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I've seen this play out multiple times. Most recently with Toad.
And the reoccurring statement people tend to use is "There are multiple versions of *insert character here*"

I will mention that Toon Link got in because of that rule, but Sakurai never really touched upon or alluded to the whole multiple Toon Link thing
We are still waiting for Sakurai to show us a 3DS picture of both Toon Links on the Spirit Train stage... I wanna see what Sakurai says about that.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Toon Link (the playable one) has been shown on the ST stage one or two times, but he has indeed yet to be shown right with Conductor Link. I would have liked to see Sakurai's comment about it too. (if it's an interesting one that is) I would have though he'd have done it by now knowing him....

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
We are still waiting for Sakurai to show us a 3DS picture of both Toon Links on the Spirit Train stage... I wanna see what Sakurai says about that.
Well I was talking about pre-Toon Link reveal, Sakurai mentioned nothing about the Spirit Tracks Toon Link so he left the floor open for speculation, and your right he still hasn't hasn't shown one yet... I think.
The point still is. Sakurai has been touching upon these characters through miiverse posts (vaguely or not).

No Control

Smash Apprentice
I've seen this play out multiple times. Most recently with Toad and Ridley.
Why would people use that argument with Ridley? He has not been shown in the game at all yet, so there'd be no need?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well I was talking about pre-Toon Link reveal, Sakurai mentioned nothing about the ST TL so he left the floor open for speculation, and your right he still hasn't hasn't.

The point still is. Sakurai has been touching upon these characters through miiverse posts (vaguely or not).
I think he probably did realize that ST Toon Link was causing an unneeded ruckus among the Smash Bros community in terms of Toon Link's fate which would be why he decided to reveal him so early (Besides the fact that WW HD was on the horizon) instead of Zelda as many expected at the time.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Why would people use that argument with Ridley? He has not been shown in the game at all yet, so there'd be no need?
I'm not too familiar with the Metriod lore, but from what I have heard, the Ridley in Metriod: Other M is a totally different Ridley.
You will probably have to visit to the Ridley thread for verification...be careful.

Well, who else can the quote be pertaining to? Then again, I don't know. I've always leaned a little more to doubting Ridley at this point. Maybe it could mean that Ridley will appear in Pyrosphere in a random trailer and be confirmed as a playable OR be hyped as a stage hazard (I don't know how that will work).

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Three thoughts:

1) Nice to see we are back, finally. Someone must have played the Song of Time in reverse.

2) I'm amazed at the detail Skull Kid has for an AT. Hopefully this remains the same for other Assist Trophies and Pokémon.

3) The fact that Sakurai chose Skull Kid is probably a good indicator that Sakurai is still pulling from the pre-Brawl era, where Skull Kid was definitely at his peak. Encouraging possibility for the fans of characters like Krystal, Masked Man, Lip and even Geno.

Poor man. Even his Toad comparison falls flat with Captain Toad existing. Amazing.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I think he probably did realize that ST Toon Link was causing an unneeded ruckus among the Smash Bros community in terms of Toon Link's fate which would be why he decided to reveal him so early (Besides the fact that WW HD was on the horizon) instead of Zelda as many expected at the time.
I don't think Sakurai revealed him early. In the Miiverse post. Toon Link was announced on the same day that Wind Waker HD was available for purchase in Japan. I'm not sure if Sakurai wanting to squash speculation had anything to do with it, but who knows.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I don't think Sakurai revealed him early. In the Miiverse post. Toon Link was announced on the same day that Wind Waker HD was available for digital purchase on the eShop. I'm not sure if Sakurai wanting to squash speculation had anything to do with it, but who knows.
Well it was definitely many month's sooner than expected (I mean yeah there was Luigi but many were still uncertain that he would fully reveal unlockable characters before release). And I believe Sakurai did say that he and his team do occasionally take a look at the Miiverse posts and I've heard that Toon Link was quite the hot debate there.

But you may be right, it can also just be purely for advertisement and Sakurai wasn't aware of the stirr he caused.

No Control

Smash Apprentice
I'm not too familiar with the Metriod lore, but from what I have heard, the Ridley in Metriod: Other M is a totally different Ridley.
You will probably have to visit to the Ridley thread for verification...be careful.

In one sense they are, but for all practical intents and purposes we can assume Ridley won't be playable if he appears in a stage, especially as the Other M design of Samus (although she is the same character as the other Samus') is being used in this game.

I dread the day Ridley is revealed as a stage hazard (if he is) - hopefully he'll be in this time around though. Even people who aren't big fans of him must sort of want him by now just so all the arguments about him will stop!

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Well it was definitely many month's sooner than expected (I mean yeah there was Luigi but many were still uncertain that he would fully reveal unlockable characters before release). And I believe Sakurai did say that he and his team do occasionally take a look at the Miiverse posts and I've heard that Toon Link was quite the hot debate there.

But you may be right, it can also just be purely for advertisement and Sakurai wasn't aware of the stirr he caused.
He looks through the Miiverse posts and looks at whats popular!? This is troubling news... Spongebob and Garfield the cat might have a chance.

Yeah, i'm still curious if characters like Marth, Luigi and Toon Link are still unlockable.

In one sense they are, but for all practical intents and purposes we can assume Ridley won't be playable if he appears in a stage, especially as the Other M design of Samus (although she is the same character as the other Samus') is being used in this game.

I dread the day Ridley is revealed as a stage hazard (if he is) - hopefully he'll be in this time around though. Even people who aren't big fans of him must sort of want him by now just so all the arguments about him will stop!
After the whole Toon Link thing idk if that would hold back Ridley at all, but I would assume that it would hurt his chances.

I would love to see Ridley be revealed just to stick it to the people that say Ridley is too big.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Yes. Other M Ridley is a clone of the "original." Though I think we'll have to wait until we actually see Ridley to know if people will start stooping to that level.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
He looks through the Miiverse posts and looks at whats popular!? This is troubling news... Spongebob and Garfield the cat might have a chance.

Yeah, i'm still curious if characters like Marth, Luigi and Toon Link are still unlockable.

Lol he'd definitely be rolling his eyes for 99% of these posts if he does, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't bother viewing them anymore by now.:laugh:
I highly doubt he's looking for any suggestions anymore though. So rest assured, we won't be seeing Goku and Spongebob in Smash anytime soon. :smirk:

Same here, yeah. I also wonder if he decided to make most of the unlockable veterans into starters and made most of the newcomers into unlockables.... :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom