• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Charizard was always my favorite Nintendo dragon. I think many would agree with me on this.

But yes, buff him,

Charizard is my fave Pokemon, but he ain't no Dragon. Just dragon designed. But offically he is a flying salamander.

And as great as Charizard is.

You also have this;

Just look at her. :love:

Then watch her turn into something like this, just white and shinier.

Beautiful and a dragon. Oh boy. Charizard has nothing on Tiki.

XD

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
It's a shame that characters like Tiki, Hector, Lyn, Ceada etc. are going to be shafted by the likes of Chrom and Lucina. :ohwell:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
It's a shame that characters like Tiki, Hector, Lyn, Ceada etc. are going to be shafted by the likes of Chrom and Lucina. :ohwell:

To be honest. If a non-lord character were to get in. Tiki would have the best chance imo. Aside from Anna she has the most appearances in FE games for non-lord. Playing a important role in all of the games she appeared in to, Anna may have game numbers on here but Tiki has the upper hand of being an important character in all the games she appeared in. Obviously lords will sill always have the better chance, but if a non-lord got in Tiki seems like the best character to go with imo.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don't wanna discuss Fire Emblem... Marth and Ike are my favorite Lords, and am happy that they are.

Ideally, I'd like to see Roy and Lyn amongst them, but... let's just focus on Project M for acchieving that Fire Emblem roster.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
To be honest. If a non-lord character were to get in. Tiki would have the best chance imo. Aside from Anna she has the most appearances in FE games for non-lord. Playing a important role in all of the games she appeared in to, Anna may have game numbers on here but Tiki has the upper hand of being an important character in all the games she appeared in. Obviously lords will sill always have the better chance, but if a non-lord got in Tiki seems like the best character to go with imo.
Yeah true, but seeing the amount of diversity and interesting styles axe, spear and magic users can do just make me wish Sakurai would include characters that show off the main concepts of Fire Emblem's battle system, but alas as you said Lords have a better chance.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Yeah true, but seeing the amount of diversity and interesting styles axe, spear and magic users can do just make me wish Sakurai would include characters that show off the main concepts of Fire Emblem's battle system, but alas as you said Lords have a better chance.

With the amount of FE character a Fire Emblem fighting game could easily be created and could be a rip-off of Smash. So there's always the hope for that happening. xD

Aduross

Smash Apprentice
A bit late to the discussion, but glad to see Skull Kid in the game even as an Assist Trophy! I'll be honest, somewhere in the deepest depths of my heart I was a little sad he's not playable, but I never really expected him to be. I'm just glad he's acknowledged. Plus, he looks awesome! Kinda of makes me excited for the prospect of a Majora's Mask HD, but I think the original game stands pretty well on its own. I do think it'd be neat if they took some inspiration from Majora's Mask for the next Zelda game.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
I hope he drops the moon. First time seeing it in-game would be so hype.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
3) The fact that Sakurai chose Skull Kid is probably a good indicator that Sakurai is still pulling from the pre-Brawl era, where Skull Kid was definitely at his peak. Encouraging possibility for the fans of characters like Krystal, Masked Man, Lip and even Geno.
Clearly the new Zelda character is Link's Uncle. :troll:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Hey, while the site is up, what time is the VGX whatever tomorrow?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I'm still debating on whether or not I should watch it or just wait till the news spreads out so i don't have to watch the whole thing to find out.

I think I might watch just for the sake of the suspense.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I don't give a single crap about the award show and just want the Reggie reveal. I'm not sitting through that show just for one thing either. But if there a time given on exactly when Reggie is shown, then I'll tune in.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
The show start 11pm London time but I have no idea when the announcement is.
So it should be 10 am Sunday for me. Guess I could watch it seeing as I have nothing else to do.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Ashley was more popular during pre Brawl, but everyone called her fans pedos and flamed them

Especially the Ridley supporters

Krystal was more popular as well, but everyone called her fans furries and flamed them

Especially the Ridley supporters
I don't think I ever even stepped foot in the Ashley thread back then. Kinda supported Krystal at the time though, but not quite as much as I did Wolf.

Regardless, do like how the Ridley fanbase is still what people like to be most ad hominem toward. I'm such a "bully"!

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Regardless, do like how the Ridley fanbase is still what people like to be most ad hominem toward. I'm such a "bully"!
I couldn't agree more. I main Pichu in Melee and love Smash Bros. in general because I was the victim of tons of bullying in elementary and middle school, and I saw a lot of myself in Pichu, the lowest of the low tiers.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Don't worry Poppy Bro, Brawl Ganondorf is a lot worse than Melee Pichu.

I couldn't agree more. I main Pichu in Melee and love Smash Bros. in general because I was the victim of tons of bullying in elementary and middle school, and I saw a lot of myself in Pichu, the lowest of the low tiers.
Eeeeeeh. Kirby holds that position now.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Pre-Brawl speculators in general usually overreateced to just about everything they were upset about.

As for the VGX thing, I suppose I'll just wait till later to see what turns up. I'm not sure yet though.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Eeeeeeh. Kirby holds that position now.
Yeah, I know, but in 2002, when I started playing Melee (since I was 6 at the time), Pichu was considered pretty bad because of his weight and self-damage.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't think speculators overreacting is limited to pre-Brawl. :rolleyes:

Was pretty bad though.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
A quick question:

Do you think the Wii U GamePad will be a controller for the game? Will we be able to share pictures on Miiverse? You can play single-player modes on the Wii U GamePad?

I know the GamePad won't be a main focus, but just some questions.

I don't think speculators overreacting is limited to pre-Brawl. :rolleyes:

Was pretty bad though.
To be honest, when Toad was deconfirmed/"deconfirmed", I didn't react at all. I was apathetic. I only reacted to the ****-storm that followed up.

But I still remember that Ridley reaction in Brawl.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
A quick question:

Do you think the Wii U GamePad will be a controller for the game?
I see literally no reaosn this wouldn't be the case, considering that more Wii Us don't come with a Pro Controller.
Will we be able to share pictures on Miiverse?
Probably.
You can play single-player modes on the Wii U GamePad?
Can't say, though I think it's a good possibility.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Don't worry Poppy Bro, Brawl Ganondorf is a lot worse than Melee Pichu.
Makes me all the more proud then that I put up with Brawl 'Dorf as a main, which was mainly done because of a triforce clan I was in at the time mind you (two best friends of mine mained Zelda and Link, while I mained Ganon). :ganondorf:

And boy did it take a lot of discipline to get decent with Ganon mind you. Can't just rush in with him but have to let the opponents come to you (something easy to forget when you're in the heat of battle in a match), etc.

May be a low tier user if my Melee and Brawl mains are any indication, but at least I don't pick characters like :metaknight: because of how broken they are.

Pre-Brawl speculators in general usually overreateced to just about everything they were upset about.
This. It wasn't applicable to just the Ridley fanbase like some like to believe. The Ridley 'base did have some of the worst bad apples back then though that got banned.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I've overreacted to a few things myself during SSB4's speculation. I regret those times.

Pre-Brawl speculators overall still probably overreacted in much, much worse manners than any amount of people could during SSB4's speculation, particularly on this site, seeing as how most users have learned from the past, even inclunding many users that joined after Brawl's release, (me being among them) since most now know more about how characters are chosen this time around and are ready to brace themselves for the worst when need be. (Hopefully..)

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
A quick question:

Do you think the Wii U GamePad will be a controller for the game?
I'm pretty sure that's guaranteed at this point.
Will we be able to share pictures on Miiverse?
Most likely.
You can play single-player modes on the Wii U GamePad?
Along with the other modes, yeah.

It's the new controller for the system, and you could use the Wii Remote in Brawl, so I'm pretty sure the GamePad will be usable in all modes.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I'm pretty sure that's guaranteed at this point.

Most likely.

Along with the other modes, yeah.

It's the new controller for the system, and you could use the Wii Remote in Brawl, so I'm pretty the GamePad will be usable in all modes.

I mean play modes on the GamePad itself. Off-screen.

I'm pretty sure that everyone's used to it. I mean, look at the Toads. They got rejected... 3 times and all the Toad supporters (Except me) are like, "Okay then. Disappointing but, fine". There was one though (Not naming names) that spazzed out

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I actually played a lot of Ganondorf in Brawl. And thanks to him being so sucky in Brawl, I started picking him up in Melee soon afterwards. And that was actually a very refreshing thing to do. :ganondorfmelee:

I actually played a lot of Ganondorf in Brawl. And thanks to him being so sucky in Brawl, I started picking him up in Melee soon afterwards. And that was actually a very refreshing thing to do. :ganondorfmelee:
At least they made Ganondorf's attacks usable in Melee. They overdid the concept of the slow+strong type in Brawl.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Smash Bros. games usually have two trailers before release, right? I know Brawl did because they're both in the Vault, but did the others?

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Most admirable.

Normally don't like the meme that much but that was the best "my body is ready" pic I've seen yet. Haha.

Show off what Cranky can do at VGX? Fine by me. Might as well since he was already leaked.

At least they made Ganondorf's attacks usable in Melee. They overdid the concept of the slow+strong type in Brawl.
Yeah, but I love that flame choke.

Though I don't like that he'll most likely be Cpt Falcondorf again in SSB4, I've already accepted it. Just hope we get something Melee 'dorf esque in addition to whatever new moves he got in Brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom