• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I've accepted a lot of things, such as likely seeing no Ridley, K. Rool or Palutena, no Mario newcomer, and such. I'm actually very uncertain of what the final roster will look like, my only certainty is that Mewtwo will be on it.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
At this point i'm 99.9% sure its Zelda Wii U

Aonuma(?) has been saying he has been meaning to show off the game for a while now.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211

It's Zelda U, Bayonetta 2, or something Smash we're not expecting. Somehow, within a couple of minutes, I'm not sure how, I've lost a lot of faith in a lot of characters.

-The Assist Trophies are making me begin to doubt Waluigi, Little Mac, Isaac and such.
-Sakurai doesn't want to be vain, ruling out Bandanna Dee and Palutena.
-Ridley seems very unlikely, "not working in Brawl".
-King K. Rool and Dixie Kong don't even seem on the radar, with K. Rool kind of forgotten and Dixie being a shell of her former self.
-Miis are beginning to sound stupider and stupider to me, and Pac-Man is seeming like Namco won't want to invade onto Smash.
-The large desire for Reggie is seriously making me rub my head.
-Toad's basically deconfirmed.
-A lot of retros (Mach Rider, Takamaru, Balloon Fighter, Sukapon, Lip) all seem like Sakurai wouldn't consider them.

I'm losing faith in Smash Bros. Wii U. Truly, the only things I really was hoping for was Mega Man. And now I have it. But what else is there? I'm not sure why I'm suddenly so depressed, but I really hope I'm wrong. I just... want to do something. It's been so boring and painful over here, and I want to do something with friends, but I can't. Everything's kind of crumbling down on me, and I need something to make me ignore my problems.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I wanna see Impa in full HD baby.
Impa confirmed to appear on Super Smash Bros. for Wii U / 3DS with a full HD model based on her appearance in Skyward Sword...

... as an Assist Trophy alongside the Skull Kid. Also, Sheik returns as Zelda's transformation.

:troll:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I'm also beginning to expect Zelda U a lot.
I don't think it will be Bayonetta 2, X or Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, I'd expect to see them in a Nintendo Direct more.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
It's Zelda U, Bayonetta 2, or something Smash we're not expecting. Somehow, within a couple of minutes, I'm not sure how, I've lost a lot of faith in a lot of characters.

-The Assist Trophies are making me begin to doubt Waluigi, Little Mac, Isaac and such.
-King K. Rool and Dixie Kong don't even seem on the radar, with K. Rool kind of forgotten and Dixie being a shell of her former self.
-Miis are beginning to sound stupider and stupider to me, and Pac-Man is seeming like Namco won't want to invade onto Smash.
-A lot of retros (Mach Rider, Takamaru, Balloon Fighter, Sukapon, Lip) all seem like Sakurai wouldn't consider them.

I'm losing faith in Smash Bros. Wii U. Truly, the only things I really was hoping for was Mega Man. And now I have it. But what else is there? I'm not sure why I'm suddenly so depressed, but I really hope I'm wrong. I just... want to do something. It's been so boring and painful over here, and I want to do something with friends, but I can't. Everything's kind of crumbling down on me, and I need something to make me ignore my problems.
This is why it's important to point out the horrible arguments against these characters when they appear; otherwise, people start becoming overwhelmed by them, and start making up potential reasons why even the likeliest characters won't be in the game. Stuff like "What if Sakurai thinks Little Mac can only punch??" or "What if Sakurai revamped Bowser instead of adding K. Rool??" does us no good at all, and quite a bit of bad. A dreary mentality is no way to approach what should be a fun experience for everyone.

Also, didn't the Zelda creator guy whose name starts with an 'A' reveal that the new Zelda would be revealed at E3, not here?

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
This is why it's important to point out the horrible arguments against these characters when they appear; otherwise, people start becoming overwhelmed by them, and start making up potential reasons why even the likeliest characters won't be in the game. Stuff like "What if Sakurai thinks Little Mac can only punch??" or "What if Sakurai revamped Bowser instead of adding K. Rool??" does us no good at all, and quite a bit of bad. A dreary mentality is no way to approach what should be a fun experience for everyone.

Also, didn't the Zelda creator guy whose name starts with an 'A' reveal that the new Zelda would be revealed at E3, not here?

I'm getting sick of all this negative stuff, I'm beginning to believe it. As well as starting to believe why characters won't get in, I'm just in this state of misery and realization, and I just want to freaking enjoy this and life in general, not mope about fake reasons. I just want to have hype and do something fun, but I'm just... ugh. Thanks, BKupa.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Is it so hard to say Aonuma? Yes he did say it would be revealed at E3 2014.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

If I may attempt to change your current doubts-

The Assist Trophies were very likely to return since the start. I don't think the ATs coming back hurst the chances of Waluigi, Little Mac and/or Isaac, since theres no telling which prievous ATs will return. Pokeballs change throughout the franchise, one former Pokeball Pokemon was even made playable in Brawl. Little Mac still has a great chance, though I'm not entirely certain about Waluigi. (as for Isaac, I don't think the ATs returning hurts his chance, though since I'm not very familiar with the franchise I don't know exactly how good of a chance he has always had for Smash 4)

Sakurai didn't create the Kid Icarus franchise or Palutena, so I highly doubt her chances are affected because of Sakurai's modesty.

Sakurai's thoughts on Ridley could have changed, just like they did for Villager.

And I believe Reggie is mostly wanted because of his status as a meme. I don't like the idea of him in Smash either.

I would brace yourself for the worst when need be, but I feel now is not the time.

And lastly, I hope the issues you are currently dealing with are resolved very soon. I'm not sure exactly what you could do to help you ignore those problems, but I hope you'll be able find a way to do.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings

From my prospective, I'm just riding out the turbulence. People can make as many straw man arguments as possible, but no matter what outcome happens the game straying away from Brawl's controversial casual approach is a win regardless.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I'm getting sick of all this negative stuff, I'm beginning to believe it. As well as starting to believe why characters won't get in, I'm just in this state of misery and realization, and I just want to freaking enjoy this and life in general, not mope about fake reasons. I just want to have hype and do something fun, but I'm just... ugh. Thanks, BKupa.
I know something that should help cheer you up. On of the best songs ever about the best Team ever.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I remember hearing that it was suppose to be revealed this past E3, but they held off. Aonuma also mentioned he planned to unveil it a PAX East, But opted out of it.

I'll try to find the articles

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
If I may attempt to change your current doubts-

The Assist Trophies were very likely to return since the start. I don't think the ATs coming back hurst the chances of Waluigi, Little Mac and/or Isaac, since theres no telling which prievous ATs will return. Pokeballs change throughout the franchise, one former Pokeball Pokemon was even made playable in Brawl. Little Mac still has a great chance, though I'm not entirely certain about Waluigi. (as for Isaac, I don't think the ATs returning hurts his chance, though since I'm not very familiar with the franchise I don't know exactly how good of a chance he has always had for Smash 4)

Sakurai didn't create the Kid Icarus franchise or Palutena, so I highly doubt her chances are affected because of Sakurai's modesty.

Sakurai's thoughts on Ridley could have changed, just like they did for Villager.

And I believe Reggie is mostly wanted because of his status as a meme. I don't like the idea of him in Smash either.

I would brace yourself for the worst when need be, but I feel now is not the time.

And lastly, I hope the issues you are currently dealing with are resolved very soon. I'm not sure exactly what you could do to help you ignore those problems, but I hope you'll be able find a way to do.

Thanks for that, I'm just dealing with a lot of stuff I shouldn't have to, and that's changing my mindset a lot.

I know something that should help cheer you up. On of the best songs ever about the best Team ever.

... OK, I giggled throughout that entire thing.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I remember hearing that it was suppose to be revealed this past E3, but they held off. Aonuma also mentioned he planned to unveil it a PAX East, But opted out of it.

I'll try to find the articles
Zelda U was meant to be shown but was held off for not being ready to show.
I remember it was meant to be shown at PAX but can't remember why they didn't show it there.

Here's the confirmation of it going to be revealed at E3 2014
http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/55351/zelda-wii-u-news-coming-at-e3-2014/

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Cranky reveal will make everyones dong expand. Don't deny it. :dkmelee:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Thanks for that, I'm just dealing with a lot of stuff I shouldn't have to, and that's changing my mindset a lot.
You're very welcome.

And I think I forgot to mention K. Rool and Dixie in my prievous post. K. Rool hasn't been in the franchise in a while, but with his potential, support, and overall importance as the main villain of the DK franchise from the beginning, I fully doubt Sakurai would overlook K. Rool this time around.

Dixie is still an important and popular DK character, and she makes for an easy, Luigi-fied clone of Diddy. She'd likely borrow some moves from Diddy, but she can easily have a few moves and playstyle of her own.

They both still have a great shot in my opinion, and I'm nearly certain we will get at least one of them this time around.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Sakurai included an absolutely perfect Nostalgia-filled Mega Man, who, LIKE K. ROOL has also been a markedly forgotten character. (There's an image that sums it up perfectly.)

I at least think he's considered K. ROOL this time around for multiple reasons.

I'm all for lower expectations in light of Brawl's roster relative to expectation, but keep the negativity down.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Can't wait for the hype bomb Nintendo is expected to drop tomorrow. Only matter is how much screen time they're getting because this is a pretty tight-packed show of heavy hitters. I mean, perhaps every single major 1st party Nintendo game released this year has at least some place on multiple lists.

So, special off-schedule Pic of the Day tomorrow anyone? If we do get a trailer, what do you expect to be shown and what characters do you think will be revealed?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Is it so hard to say Aonuma? Yes he did say it would be revealed at E3 2014.
I forgot his name and didn't want to disrupt the flow of my typing to go Google it.

Anyway, does anyone know if there will be any live stream for the VGX presentations available?

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I forgot his name and didn't want to disrupt the flow of my typing to go Google it.

Anyway, does anyone know if there will be any live stream for the VGX presentations available?
I know for certain Twitch will be broadcasting it. Hope to the gods I can see it when it comes on at my tourney tomorrow. DOUBLEY HYPE!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Can't wait for the hype bomb Nintendo is expected to drop tomorrow. Only matter is how much screen time they're getting because this is a pretty tight-packed show of heavy hitters. I mean, perhaps every single major 1st party Nintendo game has at least some place on multiple lists.

So, special off-schedule Pic of the Day tomorrow anyone? If we do get a trailer, what do you expect to be shown and what characters do you think will be revealed?
I doubt a pic will turn up tomorrow. I don't think Sakurai will be making any exceptions to the lack of daily pics on weekends any time soon.

If we get a trailer, perhaps a we'll get a veteran reveal or a newcomer reveal since it would be the first real trailer we've gotten since E3. (not counting the footage that showcased Sonic's return ) Though the trailer could just show off the new items and/or stages as well.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Also, it's very weird to see people be so pessimistic. Isn't that supposed to be my schtick?
I know right? People need to tone it down. Whether I expect Smash news tomorrow is to be decided, but I REALLY hope we get a new trailer with a couple new characters in it. I'm hoping for that, but yknow.

We'll just gave to see!

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I'm really hoping I have my depressed words thrown away tomorrow by an amazing trailer...

The one thing that could cheer me up is some Geno love. My biggest dream, the most unlikely character, yet so close. Mostly everyone I've mentioned would put a smile on my face, but not like Geno could.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I know right? People need to tone it down. Whether I expect Smash news tomorrow is to be decided, but I REALLY hope we get a new trailer with a couple new characters in it. I'm hoping for that, but yknow.

We'll just gave to see!
That Nintendo Direct detailing the 2014 line up can't come any sooner. I am so done with 2013.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Also, it's very weird to see people be so pessimistic. Isn't that supposed to be my schtick?

I'm not pessimistic, I was just really depressed. Some peanut butter cups and Emerald Hill Zone helped alongside the helpful words of a lot of people on these boards.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I thought it was happening at 7 PM EST tomorrow? Which means we have about 20 hours to go?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings

We'll just gave to see!
It's not going to be tomorrow, but rather we should look into next Thursday for a character reveal, or the next Nintendo Direct.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Guys/gals, I'd warn against hyping over this VGX show tomorrow. This is the kind of thing that can end in bitter disappointment (not for me).

Aonuma said we'd hear new information about the next Zelda at next year's E3.
So my final question, are you already preparing a new announcement for the next E3, in 2014? Maybe a Zelda for the Wii U? How about this?

“Actually I wanted to prepare something for my visits in Germany and New York, that I can announce. But I was so busy preparing my presentation of A Link between Worlds, that I can’t show you anything “new” today. But you can enjoy my next announcement. As soon as I am back at my office I will start preparing something new that I can show.” 1
Can you tell us anything about the Wii U Zelda game?

I'll say more at E3 2014. 2
1: http://wiiudaily.com/2013/10/aonuma-on-zelda-wii-u-comic-con/
2: http://mashable.com/2013/10/14/legend-of-zelda-aonuma/

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It's not going to be tomorrow, but rather we should look into next Thursday for a character reveal, or the next Nintendo Direct.
Next Thursday because its the 6 month anniversary of the announcement? Good point! This far though, Sakurai has spit on our assumptions of patterns and stuff.

Oh October...

Hopefully the next direct will be soon and won't have Mii's in it.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Safe bet would be to visit Gametrailers since they are the one's behind Spike TV's videogame broadcasting. IGN will probably follow the announcements pretty closely. And there's always NeoGAF... Someone will find a way to post onto Youtube. Of course, if Nintendo does show off something significant, you can be sure they'll put a link up on their Youtube account; followed by their Facebook page.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
While Smash news would be nice i'm not expecting anything(character related) until mid-late december

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom