• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman
Glad we got assist trophies confirmed. I find them more fun to speculate since they essentially can b anything from the Nintendo worlds

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
3) The fact that Sakurai chose Skull Kid is probably a good indicator that Sakurai is still pulling from the pre-Brawl era, where Skull Kid was definitely at his peak. Encouraging possibility for the fans of characters like Krystal, Masked Man, Lip and even Geno.
Do you (or anyone) know of other characters that were at their peak during pre-Brawl? Would it be safe to assume that some may be the higher recommend characters on that Brawl poll Sakurai made?

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a poll conducted post-Brawl? I'd appreciate it if anyone has some more info on this. All I remember is that Saki was requested. :/ I'd like to know of other characters too.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Do you (or anyone) know of other characters that were at their peak during pre-Brawl? Would it be safe to assume that some may be the higher recommend characters on that Brawl poll Sakurai made?

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a poll conducted post-Brawl? I'd appreciate it if anyone has some more info on this. All I remember is that Saki was requested. :/ I'd like to know of other characters too.
Wait, if Sakurai's looking at the Brawl era, than this is great news!
VAATI FOR SSB4!!

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

There is no way I can answer that with any certainty -- no one can. I don't have access to the same kind of information Sakurai does. All I do have is anecdotal experience having been an active participant in many of the pre-Brawl discussions going on within Nsider, Gamefaqs and Smashboards.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ashley was more popular during pre Brawl, but everyone called her fans pedos and flamed them

Especially the Ridley supporters

Krystal was more popular as well, but everyone called her fans furries and flamed them

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Though, it must have been a bummer for Ridley supporters once Ridley was confirmed as a Boss. Heck, the same to any sizable fanbase which their character got reduced to anything but a playable fighter...

Tbh, I wasn't really expecting Skull Kid to make an appearance, though I admit that I kinda wanted to see him as a fighter. I hope that we get a Zelda newcomer though... but I won't be complaining if we don't.

Typhl0si0n

Smash Apprentice
Let's just leave it for Sakurai to do so then. :)
Atta Kong. You know how it works.
Ashley was more popular during pre Brawl, but everyone called her fans pedos and flamed them

Krystal was more popular as well, but everyone called her fans furries and flamed them

I'm seeing a pattern, but I can't see it clearly. :rolleyes:

Seriously. Ridley supporters are almost all bullies, and will pluck anyone not supporting Ridley. It's still happening now. But I'm totally fine with it, because in the end, they'll lose, and they'll stir up the biggest purple rage whirlwind across the internet. And it will be ****ing hilarious.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
VAATI FOR SSB4!!
Well, Vaati's pretty badass...

BUT Ghirahim's pretty fabulous...

BUT WAIT! Toon Zelda is adorable...

Though, Impa is cool as well...

AND Tingle is... well Tingle is Tingle so I think he belongs in his own category.

Ah screw it. My #1 wanted Zelda newcomer:

As a standalone fighter baby! :awesome:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

I think I see Ashley and Krystal becoming an AT soon thanks to your statement.

D

Deleted member

But Krystal supporters are furries. That can't be denied.

What's hilarious though is that how much the Ridley supporters are "bullies", the Ridley detractors are far worse. Prime example is that Typhlosion guy up above. (Entei is better. :troll:)
Make of that what you will.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Seriously, after seeing AT Skull Kid I want him even more in the next Smash now.

Impa might be cool and ****, but Skull Kid is also a real bro. And this is even coming from a guy who never even bothered finishing Majora's Mask. Dat ****ing Ice & Fire dungeon man.

Also, Ridley fans can hardly take critisism. I've personally clashes a lot with Ridley supporters pre-Brawl to. Them claiming 'surely Ridley will take priority over some stupid monkey'. And how 'Ridley is far more important to Nintendo than all other potential newcomers' :diddy::dedede::pt:? lol.

Seriously, you guys have a worse reputation than any '****** from Smashboards talking about Impa all day' can ever acchieve.

Morbi

Scavenger

What's hilarious though is that how much the Ridley supporters are "bullies", the Ridley detractors are far worse. Prime example is that Typhlosion guy up above. (Entei is better. :troll:)
I wanted Krystal in Brawl way back when, but I was certainly not a furry. The very notion makes me want to regurgitate.

Morbi

Scavenger
Exactly this.

However, I wasn't dissapointed with Wolf at all. :wolf:
Exactly, I am a huge Wolf fan. I didn't even know that he was a possibility for Brawl. When I was naive, I used to think that Goroh, Ridley, and Wolf were hidden characters in Melee. You have no idea how hard I tried to unlock them. I did pretty much everything in the game in my meager attempt to unlock one of my favorite characters. I was convinced that the cut-scene alluded to their secret inclusions. However, I finally gave up after 3 years.

When Brawl launched in Japan, I decided that I was not going to look up anything regarding the game until I got it on release. So when I unlocked Wolf... tears were shed. I couldn't even believe it. It was actually my happiest moment in gaming.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I always spoil myself beforehand each Smash game which characters are unlockables. But my biggest happiness in gaming probably was Diddy's reveal in Brawl, playing the demo of DKC2 before it was released, and Donkey Kong Country Return's reveal.

Also I seriously believe Ridley's support came mostly from the Melee opening. Doubt he would've been considered if it wasn't for this.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I always spoil myself beforehand each Smash game which characters are unlockables. But my biggest happiness in gaming probably was Diddy's reveal in Brawl, playing the demo of DKC2 before it was released, and Donkey Kong Country Return's reveal.

Also I seriously believe Ridley's support came mostly from the Melee opening. Doubt he would've been considered if it wasn't for this.
He would have been considered for at least Brawl, not sure about Melee.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I consider myself a Ridley supporter, though I'm definitely not as vocal about it, and I don't crush other fanbases, heck, I belong to some others. The only issue I have are Ridley detractors who use the size argument with no double standard for Olimar or Kirby.

Typhl0si0n

Smash Apprentice

What's hilarious though is that how much the Ridley supporters are "bullies", the Ridley detractors are far worse. Prime example is that Typhlosion guy up above. (Entei is god awful worse.)
See, this is the part where you missed the most important thing about what this Typhlosion guy (really?) said- almost all. If I were to slam every Ridley supporter, than that would make me a jackass because I don't know them all. Plus I know some cool people would don't try to shove their fists in everything that goes against Ridley's inclusion. But most of the ones I know are assholes

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I once liked the idea of seeing Ridley become playable. Purely out of interesst if Sakurai actually listens to the western fanbase, and how he would work. I mean, I've only been interessted in seeing Ridley because it would be a sort of 'final exam' for the Smash development team.

However, lets just be realistic here...

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I want Ridley because dragon. No other reason. Smash needs more dragons. 1 salamander that is dragon inspired is not gonna cut it, especially when tied to 2 awful mechanics. Tamagon, Ridley, Tiki, or any other dragon from Nintendo games should be must haves. Cause y'know. Dragons.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Charizard was always my favorite Nintendo dragon. I think many would agree with me on this.

But yes, buff him,

Typhl0si0n

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of Charizard, how do you change your main list at the bottom of your avatar? I accidentally set it to Charizard, but it's suppose to be DDD.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Speaking of Charizard, how do you change your main list at the bottom of your avatar? I accidentally set it to Charizard, but it's suppose to be DDD.
The same way you set it up in the first place.

By going to your personal details and change your main from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom